How to factory reset a smartphone (Android, iPhone and Windows Phone tutorial)
So how do you do it?
2. Select ‘Factory data reset’
3. Then tap on ‘Reset phone’
4. Finally, touch ‘Erase everything’ and wait a few minutes until it’s all done. That’s it!
This is the exact steps you should follow on just about any Android smartphone or tablet - you can factory reset the Samsung Galaxy S5 this way, Note 3, the HTC One (M8), the LG G3, Sony Xperia Z2, Moto X, Moto G, and many others.
In case your smartphone is not starting up properly, you’d need some other tactics. Do the following:
1. Power your gadget off.
2. Hold down the Volume Down key and the Power/Lock key simultaneously for a few seconds. (This way you ‘fastboot’ your Android device)
3. After letting go, you’d see a menu with several options. Navigate using ONLY the volume down key. Go to ‘Factory’ and select it by pressing the volume up key. Your phone will do the rest of the magic, and will restore itself to factory settings in just a few minutes.
2. Next, you’ll see many options, but what we’re looking for here is to ‘Erase All Content and Settings’
3. Tap on it and confirm your intentions to wipe all iPhone data clean.
4. Your iPhone will start doing its magic and in a few minutes it will reboot completely clean and fresh, as if it was just out of the factory floor.
On Windows Phone
2. There, you’d see a ‘reset your phone’ button.
3. Just tap on it, and confirm that you indeed want to delete all of your data.
4. A short wait of just a few minutes, and you’d have a factory reset phone. That’s it!