How to easily organize a get-together with the iPhone
Not exactly a terrific experience, eh? Thankfully, your iPhone has a great built-in tool to ease the whole process, and it's called Conference Call. Yeah, it turns out the feature is just as effective when it comes to organizing a get-together, as it is for making business discussions with your colleagues. So here's the idea: Instead of calling every single person one by one, and then potentially giving a second call to some of them, why don't you simply use a conference call to talk to all of them simultaneously! Here's how it works:
2. Once the call is initiated, there will be an "Add call" button on the screen. Say "Hold on for a second!" to your buddy, and tap the "Add call" key. This is when the iPhone will let you choose a new number to dial, putting the first call on hold. You can add up to 5 people to the call if you are using a GSM iPhone, and up to 2 people if you're using a CDMA iPhone.
3. One you've added your callers, there well be a button on the screen saying "Merge calls". Tap this and all of the calls will be magically merged into one.
4. That's it! All that's left to do now is to discuss with everyone and decide where and when you want to meet, then end the call, and feel like the smart person that you are!
Posts: 6330; Member since: Mar 31, 2010
posted on Apr 20, 2012, 2:25 PM 3
Posts: 298; Member since: Oct 29, 2011
posted on Apr 20, 2012, 8:48 AM 5
Posts: 103; Member since: Jul 18, 2011
posted on Apr 20, 2012, 4:32 AM 5
Posts: 5498; Member since: Aug 05, 2011
posted on Apr 20, 2012, 7:43 AM 4
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):