With Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) 2013 taking place on June 10-14, the company is expected to unveil the long-anticipated next version of the iOS platform. What makes iOS 7 so special? Well, with a new executive heading the software division, we all think that this will be the year when Apple's mobile OS will finally get a much-needed visual and functional overhaul. As awesome as the current iOS is in terms of design, the need of a serious overhaul has become bigger and bigger over the years. You know, users nowadays want to do more with their phones than what they wanted back in the day.
So, we asked you last week if there's something specific that you'd like to see in iOS 7. As you might expect, we got a lot of great ideas deserving to be heard... if not by Apple itself, then at least by our broad community. Of course, we can't publish them all here, because that would make for a long and tiresome article, so instead, we've tried to pick some of the best ones for you. Here they are in their full, uncut glory!
I would definitely want to:
1) be able to transfer wahtever file I want from my pc or mac to my iphone without the being exposed to the pain of using itunes
2) and I would also want to be able to download whatever file I want through safari
3) have a file manager for my files on my iphone
Those 3 things are very basic stuff for me and I think we should've had those straight from ios 1 not on ios 7 - atsamman
Default programs selection - set YouTube app to open such links, Google Maps to open links to google maps site, and be able to change the default whatever - browser, call manager, email....
Options for apps to "integrate" in the share menu as in Android, so I can easily tap on a pic to be shared via Facebook Messenger or Whatsapp or Instagram. - Crossblade
1. More integration and sharing options between apps and services online and offline.
2. Full screen mode for safari browser.
3. Better multitasking interface.
That's it. - martinlosha
ReDesigned UI - Mass Storage Mode - File Sharing over Bluetooth/ NFC/ Wifi Direct. - geekfreak
1. Multi window support for iPad
2. Wifi, Bluetooth toggles on notification
3. Support for multiple user profiles.
4. Mass storage mode
5. Redesigned UI
I couldn't care less about widgets tho! - JustLoggedIn