Rumor mill: HTC U12+ to be officially introduced in May
Apparently, the Taiwanese media has more information on the U12+'s launch and reports sources familiar with HTC's plans claim the flagship will be officially unveiled in early May. The release window chosen by the handset maker confirms the handset maker wants to avoid competing with big names like Samsung, Xiaomi, and Oppo.
The same report suggests the HTC U12+ will be equipped with a large 6-inch display, a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor, 6GB RAM and either 64GB or 128GB internal memory. Also, the phone will be powered by a 3,420 mAh battery and should feature a dual-camera setup (12MP+16MP) on the back, as well as dual-camera configuration (8MP+8MP) camera in the front.
Obviously, the phone will ship with Android Oreo on board along with Edge Sense UI, which will enable users to take advantage of various gestures like squeeze to activate the camera, Facebook, or other apps.
One other important aspect that remains to be determined is the price tag that will come attached to the HTC U12+, as that's likely to boost sales (or not).
- Display 6.0" 1440 x 2880 pixels
- Camera 12 MP / 8 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 845, Octa-core, 2800 MHz
- Storage 128 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 3500 mAh(23.8h 3G talk time)
Posts: 165; Member since: May 08, 2013
posted on Apr 03, 2018, 1:16 AM 0
Posts: 375; Member since: Oct 01, 2014
posted on Apr 03, 2018, 3:53 AM 1
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):