HTC One M8s unveiled: a 2015 rendition of the One M8 with no UltraPixel camera and a 64-bit chip
Apart from those two big changes, the HTC One M8s sports the same brushed aluminum unibody and styling, a 5-inch 1080 x 1920-pixel LCD screen, and pretty much all else has remained identical.
Here is a quick peek of the specs:
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with HTC Sense
- 146.36 x 70.6 x 9.55mm, 5.64oz (160 grams)
- 5-inch 1080 x 1920-pixel LCD display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 SoC (4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1GHz)
- 2GB of RAM
- 13-megapixel f/2.0 main camera with dual rear camera setup, 5-megapixel front, selfie cam
- 16GB internal storage with microSD card expansion option
- 2840mAh battery (slightly larger than the battery on the One M8)
With all the reports about the overheating Snapdragon 810, it's interesting to see how this new comparatively under-clocked Snapdragon 615 system chip will perform. We should also keep in mind that this new HTC One M8s is considered an upper mid-range, a more affordable device than the flagship One M9.
Notice that the HTC One M8s is slated to arrive in Europe in the near future, and there’s no word on availability in other markets. The price is set at £379.99 off-contract in the UK.