For the first time ever Android Developer Preview available for a non-Nexus device: Xperia Z3 owners can try N now!
Now, for the first time ever, an Android Developer Preview has been made available for a non-Nexus smartphone. It seems Sony has worked in partnership with Google and made a build available for the Sony Xperia Z3 (variants D6603 and D6653). And, thanks to the Xperia Companion PC software, installing it is a pretty simple task. Just remember to back up all your data, as the ordeal involves a full system re-flash!
Android N brings about the new Vulkan 3D rendering API (Google's response to Apple's Metal API for better 3D graphics), better usage of Doze to save more battery, Multi-window, bundled notifications, some different UI animations, and other tiny changes. Here's how to install it on your Xperia Z3:
- Connect your compatible Z3 device to a computer with a USB cable.
- Xperia Companion will open automatically
- Make sure you have Xperia Companion version 1.1.24 or later. If not, download the latest version from here.
- Hold down the ALT key on your computer and click on Software repair on the home screen, then follow the guide.
- You’ll be asked to disconnect and turn off your device, then to reconnect whilst holding down the volume down key to start the software flashing.
- You can return to factory settings at any time by connecting back to Xperia Companion and following the Software repair
Download the latest Xperia Companion
- Display 5.2" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 20.7 MP / 2.2 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, Quad-core, 2500 MHz
- Storage 16 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 3100 mAh(14h talk time)
Posts: 511; Member since: Aug 15, 2015
posted on Apr 21, 2016, 9:21 AM 5
Posts: 447; Member since: Aug 25, 2014
posted on Apr 21, 2016, 9:30 AM 7
Posts: 1168; Member since: Oct 05, 2015
posted on Apr 21, 2016, 12:16 PM 0
Posts: 953; Member since: Dec 18, 2013
posted on Apr 21, 2016, 9:31 AM 8
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):