The iPhone XR costs just $449 when you trade-in an older model (limited time)
Technically, this promotion does Apply to the iPhone XS, XS Max, and iPhone XR. But from Apple’s latest website modifications it’s clear that the main focus is shifting iPhone XR units – it’s now being advertised at just $449 on the official website.
Accompanying this promotional price is a small asterisk that requires the trade-in of an iPhone 7 Plus. But obviously, not everybody has that particular model. So, here’s a breakdown of how much the new iPhone XR costs when you trade-in any old model:
- iPhone 6 – iPhone XR price of $599
- iPhone 6 Plus – iPhone XR price of $549
- iPhone 6s – iPhone XR price of $549
- iPhone 6s Plus – iPhone XR price of $499
- iPhone 7 – iPhone XR price of $499
- iPhone 7 Plus – iPhone XR price of $449
- iPhone 8 – iPhone XR price of $449
- iPhone 8 Plus – iPhone XR price of $399
- iPhone X – iPhone XR price of $249
Apple itself clearly mentions that this offer is for a limited time only but fails to actually specify the length of time that it will be available. Because of this, we’d recommend purchasing the iPhone XR as soon as possible since the offer could end at any time. However, if you are rocking the iPhone X we wouldn’t exactly recommend the upgrade. Similarly, if you currently have an iPhone 8 or 8 Plus in your pocket, the switch probably isn’t worth it either.