Apple iPhone 5c causes major burns after exploding in a man's pocket

82
Apple iPhone 5c causes major burns after exploding in a man's pocket
A Long Island resident named Erik Johnson found out the hard way that the Apple iPhone 5c is still red hot, literally. With the handset in his pocket, Johnson was bending down to pick up his keys when he heard a strange sound from his pocket. The next thing he knew, his iPhone was on fire, burning his leg and forcing him to stay hospitalized for ten days with second and third-degree burns on his inner thigh.

While Apple is investigating the incident, Johnson says that he only used the charger supplied by Apple with the device. Third party chargers from China have been blamed for other incidents involving Apple devices, including one last March that forced Minnesota resident Tim Tyrrell to undergo four operations on his hand.

Considering that Johnson's attorney has already appeared on local coverage of the incident, we can guess what the victim has in mind. You can be sure that Apple won't leave any rocks unturned as it looks to find the reason why this iPhone 5c exploded. 

   
source: WABC7 via RedmondPie
FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless