Apple's iPhone 11/Pro Smart Battery Cases are official with a dedicated camera button
The newest version of Apple’s controversial case looks a lot like last year’s iPhone XS and iPhone XR equivalents, although this time around the company has implemented one important change. Specifically, the 2019 Smart Battery Case features a dedicated shutter button along the right side.
A quick press of the newly added key opens the Camera app, regardless of whether the iPhone is locked or unlocked. When using the camera, a short press takes a photo and a long press is used for filming video. As an added bonus, the button also works for selfies.
The new Smart Battery Case supports Qi wireless charging which means users can charge the phone and case simultaneously without any cables. As for how Apple rates each case, these are the official numbers.
- Smart Battery Case for iPhone 11: Up to 50% longer battery life, equivalent to an extra 8.5 hours of video playback, 5 hours of streamed video playback, and 32.5 hours of talk time.
- Smart Battery Case for iPhone 11 Pro: Up to 50% longer battery life, equivalent to an extra 9 hours of video playback, 5.5 hours of streamed video playback, and 32.5 hours of talk time.
- Smart Battery Case for iPhone 11 Pro Max: Up to 50% longer battery life, equivalent to an extra 10 hours of video playback, 6 hours of streamed video playback, and 40 hours of talk time.
Posts: 1023; Member since: May 13, 2009
posted on Nov 20, 2019, 3:36 PM 0
Posts: 31594; Member since: Feb 05, 2011
posted on Nov 20, 2019, 6:39 PM 1
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):