LG G3 User Reviews

Internet9.5/10
Call quality9.6/10
Battery8.7/10

erikpierce1996
posted on 23 Feb 2015, 18:47 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Oct 2014)

Nearly Perfect.

erikpierce1996 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Coming from a Samsung Galaxy S3, I had high expectations for this phone. After years of being a smartphone user, I finally found my almost perfect smartphone. After being on Verizon for over 7 years, they gave me a G3 for free on a 2 year contract. It is hands down the best phone I have owned. I love the high resolution display that just pops. The camera is snappy, and takes some gorgeous photos. Coming from Samsung's TouchWiz, it was quite different. The interface feels more professional, and has a beautiful flat look. I loved LG's keyboard but switched to Swiftkey as it had better word predictions. My only complaints I have about the phone is the slight lag in the homescreen and the not so great battery life.

Build quality 9/10 Great feeling body with a wonderful grip.
Reception 10/10 Never losing signal is amazing.
Call quality 10/10 Verizon's voice over LTE is amazing.
Multimedia 10/10 Viewing media on this display is breathtaking.
Camera 8/10 Great camera. Snappy, sharp, but sometimes images tend to look a bit waxy indoors.
UI speed 7/10 Fast phone, but has noticeable homescreen lag.
Text input 10/10 Great keyboard.
Display 9/10 Bright, vivid, and high resolution makes it amazing, but the oversharpening is very annoying.
Battery 7/10 It's okay. I expected better.

Pros

• Great build
  • Bright display
  • High resolution display
  • Slim bezels
  • Large display
  • Great camera
  • Flat interface
  • Fast processor
  • Lots of RAM

Cons

• Weak battery life
  • Homescreen lag
  • Oversharpening of the display

piro132
posted on 19 Feb 2015, 18:58 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Feb 2015)

Best smartphone , if you don't update it to 5.0 Lollipop

piro132 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have LG G3 D855 16gb 2Gb Ram from 15 November 2014 , phone worked perfectly before i updated to 5.0 Lollipop ( Official LG release, updated via LG PC Suite) . This update ruined the phone , huge lags .I had before ,Samsung S3,S4 , Note 2, Note 3 , IPHONe 4s , 5 and 5s . I've decided it's time to sell my Apple Iphone 5s and give Android another chance since i've seen 5.0 L was looking so good and smooth . Big mystake wish i've kept my Iphone 5s and not changing it with LG G3 Android L 5.0, apps crash often and lags . Android still remains unstable.

Reception 8/10 few call drops from time to time. ( maybe Android L or carrier issues )
Call quality 7/10 sometimes it's like i'm talking to a robot
Internet 7/10 Using Google Chrome, it's quite decent, it lags sometimes.
Camera 9/10 LaserFocus doesn't seem to work good all the time . Maybe it's the Lollipop update. Overall the camera does the job.
UI speed 2/10 Lags , delay , Lags again . Lollipop Update ruined the phone
Everyday usage 8/10 Good because of thin bezels
Display 6/10 overheats pretty fast when web browsing , and turns auto to 0% screen brightness because it's to hot, didn't happend before Update to 5.0 Lollipop
Battery 10/10 The only thing Lollipop update improved .

• IR Blaster
  • Thin bezels
  • Removable Battery

Cons

• UI Lags
  • Apps not optimized for Android L
  • Overheat
  • Overheat in 4k video recording

piro132 alternatives:

aarond1992
posted on 17 Feb 2015, 11:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Feb 2015)

lg g3

aarond1992 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Great phone but battery doesn't last long and overheats very easily when plating games, even if u dont use the phone the battery drains fast. So far the cpu temps are geting high after 20 min of playing games.

Pros

• display
  • processor

Farhanaly
posted on 03 Feb 2015, 00:18 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Feb 2015)

A Grand phone with great features

Farhanaly has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have been using this phone for a month. I found this phone very stunning and solid in terms of build quality/design, UI and camera. Since, this phone has brilliant Quad 4k display, it consumes more processing and batter power. I would certainly recommend this phone to my friend who wish to buy a phone with great features.

Battery 9/10 Due to great quad 4k display the battery consumes more power.

Pros

• Almost everything

Cons

• Avg battery but reasonable considering daily usage

revampmybrain
posted on 02 Feb 2015, 15:05 (Posts: 11; Member since: 28 Nov 2014)

Shines through its flaws.

revampmybrain has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Like most phones, the G3 falls under heavy criticisms, especially now that it is almost a year old. Despite that, it's a solid phone in my opinion. I'll start with the pros like, the screen is intense. Sure it's colors may be off and even pale when put next to a Galaxy S5 for example, but it doesn't do everything wrong. Pictures, games, videos; This screen makes everything look great, as long as you're not outside, then you may have a bit of trouble seeing the screen, but 100% brightness remedies that. Even though it has a Snapdragon 801, it is still more than enough power to get you through most apps. Most people complained of stuttering on the home screen, but a slight adjustment in the developer options, or a new launcher fixes that right away. It's camera takes beautiful shots, as long as there's plenty of light, it's night shots leave a bit to be desired, but it takes amazing pictures of sunsets if you're wondering.

And of course the battery, it honestly has many good days. At first it may drain fast, but give it a couple days and it'll adjust and last you the whole day. But you have to learn a phone's limit. People that complain about short battery life tend to leave max brightness, play games for hours on end and expect the battery to not die. Now I'm not completely defending it. It has days where the display just wrecks the battery and I don't know why. But most of the time it's just background apps eating at the battery.

Overall, it is a fantastic phone. Would I reccommend...

Build quality 10/10 It does not sqeak in the hand, the back plate is secure and feels very metallic, not cheap or plastic.
Reception 10/10 Completely fine as long as you're within decent carrier service range. Although I personally have almost no bars in big buildings or in some places I visit, but I assume it's just Sprint.
Call quality 9/10 Crystal clear most of the time. There is however, HD calls which sound somewhat unnatural and scratchy to me. Luckily it only works through certain phones.
Internet 10/10 When my 4g is good, the phone is good. Speedy on just about any browser on the play store.
Camera 9/10 Very high definition shots, as long as there is good lighting.
UI speed 9/10 May stutter a bit, but only at first and during graphically intense games.
Display 8/10 Great for the most part. Colors and brightness outdoors could be better.
Battery 7/10 A bit short when used consistently. But it IS 3000mah, so it is the display that causes massive drain.

Pros

• Eye catching display
  • Small bezels
  • Good feel in hand
  • Small for a 5.5 inch display

Cons

• Less than average battery life
  • Camera suffers in low lighting
  • May stutter if using grapically intense apps

revampmybrain alternatives:

HockeyDood
posted on 01 Feb 2015, 18:09 (Posts: 69; Member since: 14 May 2010)

Proceed with caution

HockeyDood has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Initially I loved this phone. Coming from a Note 3 I loved the size of the G3 being slightly smaller than the Note 3. Also I like that LG gets OS updates out quicker than Samsung, which is what first drew me in. For me, the G3 was just small enough widthwise I can easily use it one handed and never feel like it's about to fall or I'll lose my 'grip' on it, which I didn't have with the Note 3. However, now that I've had the phone for a while this is easily among the worst phone's I've had in the last 3 years. The auto correct is absolutely pathetic. Constant incorrect corrections, frequently to words that aren't even words. The stock swype type keyboard is embarassing. When attempting to swype, spaces are not always automatically entered. Sometimes you have to manually add them so you don't end up with 4 words worth of letters squished together forming 1 word, which will be autocorrected to something you weren't even close to entering. At least on my Note 3 when that would happen, it would recognize the mistype and actually try to figure out what you meant.

The camera is pretty good on it's own. I took several night shots recently of the Vegas skyline from my hotel room and they came out great. However the laser would show up in the reflection of the window and there was no way to turn it off, ruining the shot. The panoramic method used is reminiscent of an iPhone 4. It takes a full boxed image capture 1 block at a time, and at each block you have to pause for 3-5 seconds for...

Pros

• Good size without being unusable 1 handed
  • Quick loading of apps and web pages

Cons

• Worst auto correct I've ever used (even worse than T9)
  • Panoramic fuctionality is the worst I've ever seen

danielmcclane
posted on 28 Jan 2015, 15:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Jan 2015)

Worst phone ever

danielmcclane has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have had a alot of different software issues that continue after I reapply the system default settings. I am tired of having to spend more than 20 minutes on a system update every 2-3 months. I don't like the way the phone feels and operates. Cheap plastic feel.
There is often a long delay when I browse through basic menues.
I can't put my phone on silent whilie I sleep because it also disables the alarm sound.
I can't make folders on my desktop to put the icons in.
The camera is terrible and can't focus properly.
The screen is nice but it's impossible to see that it is more than 1080 resolution.

Pros

Cons

• BIg software problems

valneja
posted on 24 Jan 2015, 02:06 (Posts: 7; Member since: 21 Dec 2014)

awesome

valneja has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Great phone, feels nice in the hand and I just love it. It is a bit laggy sometimes when scrolling home screen, but with a launcher I fixed it. LG company has proven that they know how to make good phone.

khedr20
posted on 16 Jan 2015, 16:08 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 May 2014)

Best phone ever

khedr20 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

i had the phone over 5 months now and i still enjoy it , and after the Lollipop update it is still the best , The Knock Code is one of the best features ever easy to unlock and lock with a double tap , the screen is big bright and full of details , the phone actually not too big for a 5.5 inch ,, conclusion best phone in 2014

• Back Buttons

Cons

khedr20 alternatives:

zachki17
posted on 16 Jan 2015, 03:10 (Posts: 156; Member since: 14 Sep 2014)

Best Phone i ever Had

zachki17 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I'm Happy with my G3 ..... One of the best phone in the market .... And im waiting for the g4. It will be my next phone .... i hope if they improuve the battery life and use P-oled Display like the lg g flex 2 ... And 4gb of ram

Pros

• 13 Mp camera with OIS
  • 5.5 Inch Quad HD DISPLAY
  • Slim Bezels

Cons

• Battrie life

Cela911
posted on 15 Jan 2015, 08:36 (Posts: 5; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)

LG G3 is a great smarphone!!!

Cela911 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Makes my list of top 5 smartphones for 2014 and is a great phone to live with day to day. Battery life could have been a tad better although its not bad. The screen is great for playing games on and watching movies. The camera is one of the best I've seen on a phone to date.

Pros

• Great screen to play games on and watch movies
  • Great camera to capture moments
  • Simple to use UI
  • Thin Bezels
  • Light weight for its size

Cons

• Battery life could have been better
  • Rear facing speaker

Cela911 alternatives:

pleezzzz
posted on 02 Jan 2015, 16:16 (Posts: 11; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)

lg g4 is on its way, owed the lgg3 since july,nothing like it.

pleezzzz has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Best phone by far,I can deal with battery,just 40 for a new one to carry if I got to,when I'm not during the wireless charger,goes great with my 8.3 gpad.can't wait till may,lgg4 is going to be vicious,and everyone should take notice what LG has done in the last 2 years.

Battery 8/10 How many hours of straight use 5to 6

Pros

• fast,ui is nice,like everything really,cam is brilliant,,cant wait to may 15'

pleezzzz alternatives:

AndroidAngel
posted on 02 Jan 2015, 11:04 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Jan 2015)

amazing phone

AndroidAngel has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I love this phone, I feel in love right away. The thin bezels makes it look smaller than other 5.5 inch phones. The camera is all around one of the best, takes very fast pics and 4k videos and it has optical image stabilization, and selfies shouldn't be a problem in dark places with it's flash like feature. I don't know why people are saying that the screen isn't bright enough and that it's hard to see at direct sunlight, It looked great to me. Amazing stock keyboard, no need for 3rd party keyboard. The battery isn't as bad as people say, I'm a very heavy phone user(social media, YouTube,games etc.) and at the end of the day I'm left with about 20%. The back power and volume buttons is a great idea. Truly a piece of art.

Pros

• amazing display
  • thin bezels
  • amazing all around camera
  • great build
  • expandable memory
  • removable back cover
  • power and volume placements
  • knock code

Apple77
posted on 27 Dec 2014, 16:05 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Dec 2014)

Smartphone for smart people

Apple77 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I always owned Apple iphones and never thought of changing to other OSs mainly because was worried about moving contacts, etc and learning the new device and platform. Also Apple's powerful marketing makes you believe that their products are unbeatable and you already have the best phone in your pocket!
Eventually I decided to buy a LG G3 a fee months ago after reading about it on this website and that was the best decision I made in 2014. I tried iphone6 and samsung s5 and a couple other ones at the phone shop. Instantly liked the G3 better and now I like it very much (I dont think I'll ever use the word 'love' for a phone again especially when they only last for a couple of years!!!)

I will not regret buying this phone...

Build quality 10/10 Great design Best screen ever Accessible battery
Camera 10/10 I wish it has a built-in video compressor similar to Iphone
Battery 9/10 There's never enough battery life... Could have put in a bigger battery than a swappable 3000mAmp !

Pros

• magnificent display
  • superfast processor
  • complete package

Cons

• recorded video files are too big for emailing and doesnt have a builtin video compressor

Apple77 alternatives:

hardcore95
posted on 22 Dec 2014, 01:33 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 May 2014)

ive had my LG G3 for 3 months, and i love it.

hardcore95 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

My phone is amazing. The g3 is perfect in every way. I love the design, the camera, the powerful 2.5ghz processor and 3 gb of ram. I use a 64 gb SanDisk ultra sd card too. I've had it for a few months, and I use my phone daily. Battery life is Great too. I love LG

SaeedRad
posted on 16 Dec 2014, 04:12 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Dec 2014)

very good phone(LG G3)

SaeedRad has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

There are two things that i don't like about it and except that the phone is perfect. And the flaw isn't that it's brightness isn't powerful enough. In fact the I don't see why people say that they have problems with it, because I have never had problems with it in daylight, being at the beach for instant - no problems seeing something on the display or what ever.

zebka
posted on 09 Dec 2014, 11:16 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Dec 2014)

very bad bttery

zebka has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I had it 9 month but it can not keep battery for 9 hours.i dont know wwhat should i say? but i dont see no problems something on the display or what ever.nd the flaw isn't that it's brightness isn't powerful enough

Pros

Cons

• battey,i dont know what sould i say?

alexlo320
posted on 09 Dec 2014, 01:25 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Dec 2014)

Best smartphone! I love it

alexlo320 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have been having HTC for a lo g time but once i saw the deal on Verizon for this phone, i started searching about it. I loved all the specs and I went the same day and got it. If you're looking for a new phone and a really good one, look no further. This phone has great specs. Starti g wit its screen 5.5" and amazing resolution. The camera is amazi g and shoots in UHD. It is very fast with a great processor. Fits perfect on your hand. It's very fast charging it's surprising. I love everything about this phone. Truth be told, i've had the iphone 6 and galaxy s5 in my hands and i know everybody wants them because they're popular but this phone is way much better.

Pros

• Wonderful camera
  • Nice display amazing resolution
  • Fits very comfortable in your hand
  • Very reaponsive

Patrik1
posted on 05 Dec 2014, 17:06 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Dec 2014)

BEST SMARTPHONE 2014

Patrik1 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This is the best smartphone i've ever used. The camera is superb, it takes wonderful photos! I think the battery is more than enough., The display, the screen is brilliant! Call quality is perfect. I recommend it to everybody.

Pros

Cons

• nothing

chadhumm
posted on 26 Nov 2014, 08:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 Nov 2014)

Not as good as the LGG2

chadhumm has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Not as good as the LGG2. Battery life very dissapointing. Does not seem as fast as the G2, very nice display though. Wish I would have kept the G2. All that being said its not a bad phone, still leap and bounds above an iphone.

Reception 4/10 Not as good reception as the G2
UI speed 7/10 Not as fast as the G2
Display 10/10 Awesome
Battery 2/10 Battery very poor when compared to the LGG2 perhaps the higher quality display and the weaker reception plays a part with the poor battery life. It has better battery than a lot of phone but not very good compared to the G2. I wish I still had the G2

Pros

• Nice display

Cons

• Battery Life, Reception

aymanunited
posted on 18 Nov 2014, 06:22 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Nov 2014)

Great Smartphone

aymanunited has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Best Smartphone of the year!
I love the quality of the screen Quad HD.
LG put some good features on it.
And of course the Product design is AWESOME!
I can sure every thing about this phone is excellent.

ostrik23
posted on 10 Nov 2014, 10:05 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Nov 2014)

The LG G3 gives hope, yet again for LG.

ostrik23 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The first thing I noticed when I got my LG was how sturdy it felt in the hand. There wasn't any metal at all, just the brushed aluminum backplate, but yet, it felt as premium as any phone out there.

First thing I got into was browsing around the UI, which at the time felt a bit laggy, but got smoother as I used the phone over the days (after changing ART).

First thing I noticed when I made a phone call was how good it sounded. Clear, crispy and just how you would want a call to be.

The camera in itself is great, but the laser autofocus is an engineering masterpiece. It's fast, it's responsive and it does it's job better than expected.

Now for the display; I can just say one thing, it's crisp as hell. It looks stunning with (imo) great colour reproduction and overall great saturation and balance, the blacks might be lacking a little bit, but nothing that you'd notice unless you're a "diehard" dark movies theme films kind of person.

The software of the LG G3 is also great, it's packed with a megaton of features, a lot of them whom I never need though.

The battery life is just above average and does well not discharging completely before the end of the day.

The LG G3 is a strong competitor to other smartphone flagships, and there's little that would make you look away from such an appealing device.

Pros

• Crystal clear 538 ppi screen.
  • Good camera.
  • Laser autofocus.
  • Brushed aluminum gives a premium feel.
  • cheaper than most flagships.
  • 3GB RAM.
  • F/2.4 Aperture for good low light shots.
  • Flip circle case (accessory)
  • 5.5 Inch screen and yet such a compact device

Cons

• Battery life is average
  • UI can stutter sometimes
  • Phone can have problem dealing with heavy games as it has 56% more pixels to push

ostrik23 alternatives:

ThiagoAcquaviva
posted on 10 Nov 2014, 07:06 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Nov 2014)

Best LG

ThiagoAcquaviva has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Best LG smartphone so far!
It was a surprise for everybody.
Nice phone with nice features, nice UI, pretty fast and smooth.
Video recording quality is flawless, only the pics could be better, they seems to be a little blurred and the battery could be better

Build quality 9/10 Nice material, nice design, but the buttons behind are kinda weird

• Hardware
  • Awesome Screen

Cons

• Camera is GREAT for videos but not that much for pics
  • Battery could be better

surajracharla
posted on 02 Nov 2014, 12:11 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Nov 2014)

Amazing phone

surajracharla has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

So far so good. The phone is performing very good with the slight lag and stutter here and there but that is possible on any smartphone no matter how great the specs you have. Looking at this phone i am expecting to use this phone for the next 2-3 years but looking at the speed of how technology is moving this phone will be outdated in about a year(shelf life) I am not saying this phone will be bad in a year but i am saying there wll be much greater nad better phones than this. This phone was the fisrt Quad HD phone and the within 3 months the galaxy note 4 came out with their quad hd. I am believing Quad HD will be the new standard on phones. And i am expecting every flag ship phone from Samsung Sony LG Motorola Apple to realease a quad hd phone within a years time from now.

Build quality 10/10 Amzing metallic design. Sleek and fliud looking
UI speed 10/10 Very less lag and rarely occurs
Everyday usage 10/10 always reliable
Text input 10/10 Very good with size changable keyboard
Display 10/10 i dont need to talk about this
Battery 8/10 Battery life is not too good because my battery runs out at the end of the day with average usage. Also battery gets very warm after a few minutes. Quad HD drains the battery out.

Pros

• quad HD display
  • Mettalic Design
  • OIS
  • Laser Guided Focus
  • 13 Megapixel camera
  • Simple and flat UI
  • Removable back cover

Cons

• Battery can be inproved
  • No finger print scanner

william_schmer71
posted on 26 Oct 2014, 14:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Oct 2014)

move over samsung lg has arrived!!!!!

william_schmer71 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

i have been a samsung user for many years an have found over time it to fall into a repetitive pattern of stale an boring. lg has been a shadow of samsung for many years and after lg g2 i started to take notice and found it be something i should consider. i was up for a upgrade and decided to give the lg g3 a try and was very pleased i did.....

Build quality 10/10 it does look an feel to be high end device the gentle curve too it helps hold it and gives you access to screen .
Display 10/10 amazing the colors just jump OUT !!!!
Battery 10/10 i am not big on games but watch a lot of amazon prime on lunch. i get a full days 16 hrs down to low twentys high teens..

Pros

• screen display, ui speed, features no physical button/home buttons

Buy This Phone