LG G3 User Reviews

Battery9.1/10
Reception9.6/10
Display9.9/10

Skyline23
posted on yesterday, 14:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: yesterday)

Best phone I have ever owned.

Skyline23 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Change from driod DNA which I loved. I can honestly say that I love this phone.I was waiting to put out for the I6...So glad I didn't this phone has better as better camera, it's faster, better front and rear facing. The UI is so clean.

Build quality 10/10 This screen is amazing. It feels strong and for such a large display it small in my hands.
Everyday usage 10/10 My battery runs non-stop. I keep Pandora running at work and use to text and call and my battery goes over 14 hours.
Text input 10/10 Typically the Google keyboard is hard to beat but the LG keyboard is awesome. The split ability along with one hand mode is great
Display 10/10 Best display every. I spent about an hour looking between this and the S5 and thinking if I wanted the new I6 which Im happy I didnt get.
Battery 10/10 I have had days where (not using wifi) it last around 16 hours without any problem or going into batter save mode.

Pros

• Does everything and then more/

Cons

• Wish it was real metal on the back would look sleek.

Slady123
posted on 15 Sep 2014, 03:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Sep 2014)

The best phone out now without a doubt

Slady123 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have had this phone for 3 months and it is by far the best phone I have ever used... It has an amazing design that looks and feels metal, very light and smooth and the camera/screen quality is the best I've seen or used.... Would recommend to anybody... Even apple sheep

Pros

• Best screen I have ever used
  • Unbelievable camera quality
  • Beautiful video and film playback
  • Great sound quality
  • Small and neat bezzle
  • Back buttons are perfect
  • Extremely fast and efficient

Cons

• Slippery feel

AppleSucks2012
posted on 09 Sep 2014, 14:39 (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)

Best Android Smartphone. LG G3 A true winner and great all rounder

AppleSucks2012 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

LG G3 is a dream come true. The Display is amazing QHD does make a difference. Those saying its screen sucks must be really crazy. The screen is sharp and 2k is the future of Android Phones. Everything is clear and crisp. You can browse the web with ease and nothing looks faded or blurry even if the brightness is low. If you feel 2k is not for you then just forget it but it looks stunning. Another thing is that I haven't found any sort of lag or stutter. A lot of Galaxy Note owners have made negative comments for this device that it stutters which is not true. If any apps takes milli second to open it doesn't mean it's lagging. The UI is really nice and clean. Wish it was like stock Android on the Nexus 5. Battery life is nice if not the best. But anyways I get around 18 hours with moderate use. The build quality is plastic but gives a feeling of a brushed metallic look from the back. I have white color LG G3. The bezels have been reduced and the QHD True HD Display is fantastic. Call quality is superb. The Cameras is superb. The Laser Auto Focus is a very handy feature and well done to LG for making it possible. 4k (Ultra HD) recording was brilliant but at times you might feel the video is little bit shaky. Hoepfully I think they will solve this issue in the G4. The 1 Watt Speaker on the back is good but not as good as HTC One M8 and Oppo find 7. Hope LG makes and improvement on the G4. Smart Keyboard is my a sweet option for those who have big hands and can easily adjust according...

Pros

• QHD display, Knock Code Feature, Laser Auto Focus

Cons

• Wish it had a better battery, I want metallic build quality, Want dual speakers like htc one m8. Ultra HD recording feature was a bit shaky.

AppleSucks2012 alternatives:

jfriend33
posted on 08 Sep 2014, 20:24 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Sep 2014)

Great quality, feature packed, livable battery life.

jfriend33 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is a beast. But coming from a droid maxx I can see its positives and negatives. The battery life is great. Only drains half a percent per hour when idle. Can get through a full day of heavy use.

Reception is not as good as Motorola. If you depend more on calls and texts and emails and less on a camera, multimedia, etc then you may reconsider your choosing this phone.

I love the 3 gigs of ram. Never force reboots. Speaker on back does begin to distort at 100% volume but what phone doesn't?

No way to access equalizer. And can't access test screen on my verizon model to force 3g only or lte.

I definitely will enjoy the phone while I can. But I'm giving it to my other line to use. I'd prefer to have my active notifications, quick capture, and assist back.

Build quality 9/10 The feel of the materials is premium. But I would have preferred something besides a plastic back.
Reception 8/10 My droid maxx xt1080m gets 4g and 3g in more places especially with low reception. The g3 tends to go from 4g to 1x even after the no sim boot fix.
Call quality 10/10 Great speaker and speakerphone. Calls are loud and clear.
Internet 10/10 I have connected to wifi at speeds over 100mbps something my droid maxx never did. And 4g is fast where signal is good.
Multimedia 10/10 The gallery and music player work well. Plus I can skip tracks using the volume keys like my blackberry did.
Camera 10/10 This camera is amazing. It takes great close up shots which I depend on for eBay.
UI speed 10/10 Super snappy. Scored 40000 on antutu benchmark. No lag. Have all bloat disabled though.
Everyday usage 10/10 The phone works great in all light variations.
Text input 10/10 Resizable keyboard is nice. It won't register profanity without user dictionary though. I use SwiftKey primarily.
Display 10/10 Holy moly. The display is crisp clean and bright. YouTube has never looked better. No annoying letterboxes with immersive mode.
Battery 8/10 Battery life gets me through a full day of heavy use. But I'm even able to baby it by topping off from 30 to 80 and be fine. I do miss not having to worry with my droid maxx. I could charge every other day with it. But I don't need that much capacity. Plus this battery is user removable so it gets an extra point in my book. 6 hrs of screen on time is great. Plus with smart charge 2.0 chargers coming it will be even faster to recharge!

Pros

• Huge screen
  • Small bezels
  • Premium look and feel
  • No lag
  • Removable battery
  • Expandable memory

Cons

• Vast majority of accessories are only available overseas making their purchase cost prohibitive (slim guard case, battery, battery charger, different color backs
  • Nfc built in but must pay extra for qi wireless charging
  • Phone supports smart charge 2.0 standard yet doesn't include the correct charger
  • Lg voice features are cumbersome. Maluuba is weird and not a familiar interface
  • No place to buy factory replacement battery, usb cable, or charger
  • No equalizer
  • Speaker distorts at 100%

BradO_ZA
posted on 25 Aug 2014, 09:19 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Aug 2014)

Have Always Used iPhones... Not Any More...

BradO_ZA has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The LG G3 is an incredible device. I'm a bit of a gadget geek, but have always been a real iOS guy. I was the guy telling everyone that Android shouldn't even be considered close to iOS. I was a true iOS "fan boy". I moved from the iPhone 3 to the 4, the 4S, the 5 and then the 5S. For some unknown reason, I then decided to buy the LG G3 to use as my second device/second daily driver. My iPhone is now at the bottom of a draw somewhere. This G3 is absolutely incredible. Never in my life have I had a device (computer, tablet or phone) that actually makes me want to constantly be using it. Every single thing about the G3 has been so well thought out and the execution is impeccable. Any interaction with my G3 leaves me feeling happy. It may sound silly, but it's true. My G3 genuinely does make me happy.
I had seen a few reviews that said the battery life was terrible because of the screen, but I haven't found this at all. The batter way outlasts my iPhone 5S and I get at least 4.5 to 5 hours of screen on time.
The only way to really know if the G3 is right for you is to go and pick one up and interact with it for just 5 minutes. I guarantee that you won't put it down again.

Pros

• Build quality
  • Feeling in the hand
  • UI
  • Multimedia
  • Expandable storage
  • Removable battery
  • Adjustable keyboard
  • Zero lag, anywhere

Cons

• Rear-facing speaker

Keaganvdh
posted on 29 Aug 2014, 06:16 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Aug 2014)

A Smartphone Utterly That Blows Away All Its Competitors.

Keaganvdh has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

So far I am really enjoying the LG G3. The design feels very premium besides the fact that it's still made from plastic. The software is excellent in my own opinion. It looks neat and tidy and I haven't had and lags or stutters yet. The battery life is fair, I can get about 18 hours out of it with 4 hours of screen on time. The camera is probably my favourite feature of the whole phone. It is super quick at focusing, my pictures come out clear 99% of the time and being able to record in 4K is pretty awesome, even though it only gets played back on a 2K screen. The only problem I have with it really is that the speaker is on the back of the phone and not at the bottom or on the front and that the IR blaster doesn't work at as many angles as you'd hope. My overall conclusion is that LG has really stepped up its game and made a smartphone that actually works this time 'round. I have to say that LG has definitely wooed me over.

Pros

• 2K display
  • Laser auto-focus camera
  • Slim bezels
  • Clean user interface
  • Decent battery life
  • Removable back cover

Cons

• Rear facing speaker
  • IR blaster only works when pointing towards the normal of the receiver.

NationGuettaTR
posted on 24 Aug 2014, 13:48 (Posts: 36; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)

Awesome! (LG G3 D855 32 GB ROM/3 GB LPDDR3 RAM)

NationGuettaTR has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

After all that LG fails on software, desing and hardware this is a masterpiece! LG did right turn with G3. I'm so happy that my phone doesn't lagged. I don't even saw a mini-lag. Works perfectly! But sometimes its heats up a bit. But it doesn't affect phone performance. May the some benchmarks show disappoinment but best phone i've ever had after 6 years with Samsung!

Build quality 10/10 Looks like it's premium materials and have hard back cover. Simply the TITAN version looks amazing!
Internet 10/10 Such smooth performance on internet. Haven't tried LTE yet due to my country still not supports it. But wi-fi speed is really excellent for me! (I have 20mbit fiber connection)
Multimedia 10/10 Smooth music & video player, it looks even amazing with 1440P youtube support. Not lagged in 1440P
Camera 10/10 The laser optic+OIS made the camera ultimately better! I can snap that moment with one touch. Simply clever and useful idea!
UI speed 10/10 Smooth & flat UI makes user more comfortable. I love UI's that almost pure, not heavily modified like TouchWiz and makes phone ultra-laggy. Loved that idea too, UI is another important part for me!
Everyday usage 10/10 Long lasting, QHD display and Quick-Circle made this phone even more amazing. I'm replying my messages or listening music without opening case!
Text input 10/10 The new keyboard make input more easier and that configurable keyboard height is made it more easier for me.
Display 10/10 Such an amazing and colorful screen that reflects every bit ultimately detailed and greatly sharp. Never disappointed about it loved this feature on my G3!
Battery 10/10 It's really good but can be better of course

Pros

• QHD Screen
  • LTE Cat 4 (Global Availability)
  • 3 GB RAM
  • Flat UI
  • Smooth Performance
  • Zero lag

Cons

• Sometimes it heats when playing games but i think its normal heat due to temp. (Almost 40C here)

CommanderJay33
posted on 19 Aug 2014, 13:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Aug 2014)

Very good

CommanderJay33 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Its a very good device in all functions. The UI is not very good because it gave to many stutters. The Display is extreme good because the QHD. The Battery can be a little bit stronger because when I play games the battery is in 5-6 hours empty.

dvsdvts
posted on 18 Aug 2014, 03:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jul 2014)

I have had it for a month now

dvsdvts has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

There are two things that i don't like about it and except that the phone is perfect. And the flaw isn't that it's brightness isn't powerful enough. In fact the I don't see why people say that they have problems with it, because I have never had problems with it in daylight, being at the beach for instant - no problems seeing something on the display or what ever.

Build quality 10/10 The last phone I had was HTC ONE (M7) and even thou, the G3 isn't from aluminium, but from plastic it feels lighter and more comfortable in the hand, so 10
Reception 10/10 No problems with this
Call quality 9/10 Some times when I have the calls on speaker the people on other end hear eco
UI speed 9/10 The lg skin takes it to 9
Everyday usage 10/10 I mostly play games
Text input 8/10 I like it and all, but still prefer swiftkey
Display 10/10 Well lets face it, the best on the market (At least in Europe)
Battery 10/10 The screen doesn't consume it that much, i can last a full day with no problem without charging

Pros

• Comfortable in the hand
  • User replaceable battery
  • Expandable storage
  • Amazing screen

Cons

• Gets a hot when i play HD graphic games (

ngray13
posted on 12 Aug 2014, 14:47 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Aug 2014)

Absolutely amazing, best phone out there!

ngray13 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

If you are looking for a really good phone all around, look no further than the LG G3. Everything about the G3 is amazing. The screen is probably the main selling point being 2560x1440, and it is really sharp and has good colors. The phone is amazingly well built. It has a small profile for a phone with a 5.5 inch screen thanks to those tiny bezels. The LG G3 is by far the best looking phone I have ever seen. The brushed metal looking back looks absolutely great. It feels really nice with the slightly curved back. It feels like a solid phone. The buttons on the back were a first, coming from a Samsung Galaxy S4. They were very easy to get used to and I love them. I don't want to go back to a phone with side facing buttons. The 13 megapixel camera takes sharp photos with good color accuracy. The laser auto focus is fast and the Optical Image Stabilization makes taking better pictures easier. LG drastically improved their skin from the G2. The skin on the G3 is Minimal, fast, and greatly designed. On my Galaxy S4 I had to flash ROMs because Touchwiz is so bad. On the G3 that wont be the case. Battery life is really freaking good. During a 2 hour car trip while I was playing Games the LG G3 stayed at 100% for an hour and a half! It has been doing that every day now. The G3 is blazing fast with the Snapdragon 801 and the 3gb of RAM. It flies through everything with no slow down or lag of any kind. Some apps weren't compatible but will most likely be updated soon for the G3, and after...

Build quality 10/10 Phone looks and feels great.
Reception 10/10 Gets good Wi-Fi and 4G LTE Coverage.
Call quality 10/10 Able to hear the other person perfectly.
Internet 10/10 Internet Speeds were incredible.
Multimedia 10/10 Handles all games and videos with ease.
Camera 10/10 Great sharp photos. Colors are accurate. Laser Auto Focus is fast and OIS makes photos better.
UI speed 10/10 No Lag, LG's skin is actually really good.
Everyday usage 10/10 No lag what so ever. Handled everything thrown at it perfectly.
Text input 10/10 Keyboard is really good, didn't even want to get a 3rd party keyboard.
Display 10/10 No complaints here, 2560x1440 screen is the best screen I have seen in my life. Accurate Colors.
Battery 10/10 Battery Life lasted longer than a day, what more can you ask for?

sirrichard
posted on 05 Aug 2014, 22:15 (Posts: 4; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)

From iPhone 5s to HTC one m8 to the best phone ever..

sirrichard has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

As in the review title, I have not been satisfied with a smartphone until I splurged (my contract was not up) on the G3. I can find no fault and have stopped looking. I love the fact that it is basically the same physical size as the HTC, but has a larger and better screen. I also love the fact that I am not always bumping the volume button.

Build quality 10/10 It looks and feels like premium material. The screen with the slim bezels is amazing.
Reception 10/10 Calls are clear, no jumping around or static.
Call quality 10/10 same as reception
Internet 10/10 I have never seen web pages load so fast
Multimedia 10/10 video quality is HD
Camera 10/10 controls are simple and results are beautiful. I love the "say cheese" feature and the closed fist trigger for the camera
UI speed 10/10 blazing fast
Everyday usage 10/10 LG has kept it simple to use in all aspects
Text input 9/10 wasn't quite perfect, so I downloaded a different message app
Display 10/10 The display along with the slimness and comfort in your hand are a perfect combination
Battery 10/10 Great battery. right away I noticed that I only used 3% overnight.

Pros

• Large beautiful screen without being cluttered with switches and wirthout being a phablet

Cons

• haven't found any

lg_rocks
posted on 04 Aug 2014, 17:35 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Aug 2014)

better than every iphone in the world

lg_rocks has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

i used to be an iphone user but when i tried the lg g3 it showed iphone up in every single way if i were to choose between phones i would throw the iphone away and go with this phone forever so lg g3 is way better than the crappy iphones.

Cha7520
posted on 30 Jul 2014, 22:56 (Posts: 210; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)

Awesome Phone! Best phone of 2014!

Cha7520 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

What an awesome phone!! The 2k display is out of this world! I love the simple design of the phone! The 13 MP camera is really clear and takes sharp pictures. Phone call voices are loud and clear. There is no lag or shutter like the Samsung Galaxy s5! I LOVE this phone!!

bobmcdan
posted on 28 Jul 2014, 12:59 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)

Best Smart Phone I Have Ever Owned! A MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!

bobmcdan has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

LG has outdone themselves with this phone. It likely has the Note 2, Note 3, and a number of other phone trembling in their boots. Easily the best smartphone (Android and iOS) I have ever owned; and I have owned iPhone 3gs, 4, 5, and 5S; Samsung GS3 and GS4; and HTC One M7 and M8; just to name a few. I don't think I would consider going back to any of them. The G3 is standing in the center of the ring with referee holding one of its hands high in the air, clear declaring it the winner.

Build quality 10/10 Phone does not look or feel cheap. Despite the size, it is easily operated with one hand.
Reception 10/10 Even indoors, I get superior reception. Using the Network Signal Strength Widget I am getting -93 indoors in a rural area.
Call quality 10/10 Have not had any dropped calls. Call reception is crystal clear, almost like the caller is in the same room with you.
Internet 10/10 Both the stock browser and chrome access the internet quickly. Text is sharp and easy to read. Images are equally sharp and clear.
Multimedia 10/10 Videos, photos, and music are all great using stock apps. Viedos do not lag and are displayed sharp and clear.
Camera 10/10 Considering that this is a cell phone camera and not a high-end DSLR camera, I am very pleased with the pictures it takes. Color representation, saturation, and brightness are, in most cases, nearly perfect.
UI speed 10/10 This thing is lightning fast. I have owned iPhone 3gs, 4, 5, and 5S; Samsung GS3 and GS4; and HTC One M7 and M8; and the G3 blows them all out of the water. The UI is intuitive and easy to configure to your personal likes and desires.
Everyday usage 10/10 I use the phone for pretty much everything you can think of -- phone calls, calendaring, task management, gaming, GPS navigation, social media, e-mail, etc, and it handles everything I throw at it with ease.
Text input 10/10 Text input is easy. The keyboard is not difficult to use, but because I am lazy, I rely on the speech-to-text dictation and it works like a charm. Very rarely does it misinterpret what I have said.
Display 10/10 What bad thing can you say about a 5.5", 500+ ppi, HD display. It blows me away at how sharp and clear the display is,
Battery 9/10 Battery life isn't awful, but it isn't great either. Because I have a charger handy at my desk at work, at my desk at home, and in the car, I have never run out of "juice." However, because of the fantastic display, if you use the phone heavily, you only get 5 or 6 hours out of it before you will need to switch to low battery management or hook it up to a charger.

Pros

• Fantastic display, fast processor, easy-to-use UI

Cons

• Battery life could use improvement; AT&T version doesn't support QI wireless charging

JMRJosh
posted on 25 Jul 2014, 03:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Jul 2014)

Best Phone of the year so far

JMRJosh has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Smart Cleaning should be on every phone plus the 3gb RAM, Selfie Camera is actually amazing. Best phone I have used, smooth fast clean that's all I ask and that's what they delivered. The size is tough to get used to but the videos are amazing on it.

Pros

• Smart Cleaning
  • keyboard

Cons

• Slow Charge

JMRJosh alternatives:

Terrence9291
posted on 24 Jul 2014, 05:31 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 May 2014)

This...... phone.... is... Awesome!!

Terrence9291 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I bought the phone the day is was able to be bought i think it was July 16 for in the Bronx,NY USA( via T-Mobile) and i love this phone! This is how a phone in today standards should be at. Its super fast, responsive UI, great camera, Great memory amount, lovely desgin (mine is in a case) & great features all around.

Note: The alternative phones listed were the phones i had to use so you already know how BIG of a upgrade this is lol.

Build quality 10/10 Mines does have a case on beacuse i do have butterfingers & the ugh ohh it feel curse on me for phones so i can't relay say since the case has been on the phone since it was mine. But i do like the slim build design that LG went for it.
Reception 10/10 Always in 4G reception range.
Call quality 10/10 Nice & clear
Internet 8/10 I don't use the internet often on any phones i have had so don't really take whatever i put as my rating seriously.
Multimedia 10/10 I like the cool pitch & speed setting i can do to music i am playing. If i can save it like that & use it as a rigntone it would be SUPER Cool & funny!! I must check & seee if i can. I hope so!
Camera 10/10 The camera is accurate, the focus is nice, picks up differnt light & adjust quickly and the picture are crisp & clean.
UI speed 10/10 Its super fast. Its never slow, its always super quick with whatever program i open, close, change to etc
Everyday usage 9/10 If you are the type that uses his or her phone literally everyday mourning till late night( not me) then i would say it's good but keep an eye on battery or at least let the screen shut off every so often to keep a good battery level
Text input 10/10 Super resposive. I don't type super fast but it is alsways ready for the next letter i am about to input. Not slow at all
Display 10/10 It is nice
Battery 10/10 For me im not on my phone every second but the phone can last 2 days probablely with out a charge based on how i use.

Pros

• Big Screen
  • Excellent battery life dependig on how you use your phone
  • Cool Music features
  • Super Fast & Responsive UI
  • Clean Call Qulaity
  • Never slow
  • Excellent Camera

Cons

Terrence9291 alternatives:

chbowlby
posted on 20 Jul 2014, 01:40 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Jul 2014)

Apple take the back seat and let LG show you how its done

chbowlby has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

So for the longest time I have been wanting to upgrade my HTC One phone and to be honest LG was at the back of my mind until I did my research and found out that this LG G3 could be the real deal (sure enough it was). This phone didn't disappoint at all, the features and display are a amazing and the the features are endless so you will always learn a new feature. I do want to point out that, I was an avid APPLE freak and when i made the switch to android I realized how really behind they are with their innovation. Do your self the favor and get this phone, I want this phone to smash the new out of date already iPhone6. Get on it, you won't be disappointed!!!! Official iPhone killer and if Samsung didn't spend 300 million on marketing we could destroy them too, but there phones just feel like there are from toys r us hahaha Plasticy.

Build quality 9/10 Just a solid non plasticy base phone
Reception 10/10 no issues with it
Call quality 10/10 loud and clear with voice enhancer

Pros

• Pricy but what smart phone isn't. Worth it
  • Its the whole package with some many great and relevant features

pslee
posted on 18 Jul 2014, 08:07 (Posts: 37; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)

i am seriously concerned about LG. how can they make G4 any better than this? they have their work cut out for them!!!

pslee has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

best phone I ever used. coming from NOTE 2, this is a huge upgrade. even it has a plastic back cover, it really feels like metal. 99 percent of people put cover on, so there is no point to have a metal back cover. get this phone. you will not regret.

acholmblad
posted on 17 Jul 2014, 16:42 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)

Switched from Iphone just because of this phone

acholmblad has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

"The LG G3 is a great smartphone – like its predecessor, if you're after power and precision, perhaps over design and form, then this is a winner.
The camera and battery combo is sure to win some hearts, and the improved user interface both will attract new users and give relief to those that were put off by the clutter on the G2.
However, I think something was lost in design in making the backplate removable – I feel that unibody designs just feel better in the hand thanks to being more solid, and I miss that from the G2.
The plastic / metal doesn't feel great in the hand either, and the dimensions are very much small phablet than big smartphone, which you'll need to take into consideration if you're thinking of buying the LG G3.
If that doesn't bother you then the G3 is a really impressive, very accomplished smartphone that drops the gimmicks to create one of the most powerful and impressive handsets you can buy right now." (http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews/phones/mobile​-phones/lg-g3-1250581/review/10#articleContent)

Seattletech
posted on 58 min ago (Posts: 29; Member since: 14 May 2014)

Is LG G3's new UI the only reason why it's better than the G2?

Seattletech has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

**Edited 9-20**
Funny how people downvoted this the most because I didn't give the g3 an amazing review.
Now that its been over 3 months. I still stand by everything i wrote. There are numerous reports of the usb connection breaking/getting loose after time. Visit XDA forum and you will see many people that had the g2 and g3 have returned to their g2 with g3 rom = 2 more hours of screen time and its much faster. The Camera is great in bright light but still needs a few settings like iso. Still a great phone but there are some quality control issues with the phone.

Great phone if you are coming from any other phone besides a G2 with G3 rom.
If you are coming from a phone over a year old. You will notice a huge advancement in where phones are now. Makes the iphone 5s tech feel 4 years old

Pros

• SLIM BEZELS
  • 5.5
  • REMOVABLE BATTERY
  • MICRO SD
  • NICE WEIGHT

Cons

• USB 2.0
  • USB CONNECTION
  • BATTERY LIFE IS WORSE THAN G2
  • SIDE BEZEL IS LARGER THAN THE G2
  • CAMERA VIDEO SOFTWARE NEEDS A FEW MORE SETTINGS
  • SCREEN NOT AS BRIGHT

ack68
posted on 16 Jul 2014, 14:59 (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)

ack68 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

One word - ART. Phone is slick, no lag, screen is great even though it sucks down the battery. Stock launcher is o.k. but you don't have access to LG widgets if you change to a different launcher. Back cover a little difficult to take off, but that's the way it should be.

Build quality 9/10 no creaks or noticeable gaps
Multimedia 10/10 The screen duh
Camera 9/10 Needs more options for those who want it.
UI speed 10/10 ART = Awesome
Display 10/10 LG just dropped a nuclear bomb on the others
Battery 8/10 Screen sucks the life out quickly if phone is being used a lot and USB 2.0 charges much slower than 3.0

Pros

• Tiny, tiny bezel
  • Big, but not Note 3 big
  • The screen duh......
  • Speakerphone better than expected
  • Programmable IR Blaster

Cons

• USB port is not smooth
  • Battery drains fast because of the awesome screen

baibhav93
posted on 15 Jul 2014, 11:39 (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 May 2014)

a display monster

baibhav93 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

THE WINNER FROM LG...G3 it is...stunning display having a resolution of 2560*1440p....WOW!!! n LASER AUTO FOCUS....DSLR QUALITY IMAGES(ALTHOUGH ITS A SHADE UNDER XPERIA Z2)...EXCEPTIONAL...people,it is a SAMSUNG KILLER...

• screen
  • build

Cons

baibhav93 alternatives:

Tizen007
posted on 14 Jul 2014, 22:43 (Posts: 516; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)

More than just a stunning display

Tizen007 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

LG G3 has a stunning QHD display, friendly user interface, classy, elegant but simple design, way better-than-expected battery life, fast processing speed with no lags, smart, and innovative keyboard is amazing and much more. The most notable feature is the camera: It is virtually impossible to take a blurry picture with the G3 thanks to its laser auto focus feature. It was a highly anticipated phone before it came out, and it has lived up to its glory of its predecessor.

Pros

• Laser auto focus
  • Smart keyboard
  • QHD display

Cons

Tizen007 alternatives:

CellularNinja
posted on 14 Jul 2014, 11:32 (Posts: 302; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)

Extremely solid all-around smartphone

CellularNinja has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

While the beautiful screen is certainly the selling point and maybe the only feature that blows me away, I have very little complaints about the phone, and it is one of the best all around smartphones I have ever used (akin to the Galaxy S3 at its time).

Build quality: This may come as a surprise to some, as it did to me, but the build quality of the G3 is excellent. While the vast majority of the device sans screen is plastic, it does not carry the same feel as the plastic on say, the Galaxy S (disclaimer: I had the S3 for 2 years and absolutely loved it, just using it as an example). The plastic almost feels heavy, but in a good way. I know there is a sheet of metal in the back, but as that's very thin I struggle to pinpoint that as the reason. I think it is just a thicker harder plastic. All this to say that you won't get the premium feel that you may with the M8 (had the M8 for about two months), it is a step above most plastic phones and exceeded my expectations. When I pull off the back it does not feel flimsy, and I trust it to not wear down after a year of my abuse. The buttons on the back are very sturdy and well designed. I love the smooth metallicy power button for some reason.

Sexiness: The look of the phone, while not stunning or inspiring, is quite attractive. I didn't put much stock in the "metal brush look" that I saw in the articles and videos, because every OEM says something like that. But this is no marketing ploy, the back of the dark gray version really...

Pros

• Awe-inspiringly crisp screen
  • Extremely fast
  • Camera is very nice
  • Screen-bezel ratio
  • Custom skin is nice
  • Charges very fast
  • Replaceable Battery
  • IR-blaster for controlling external media

Buy This Phone