iPhone 5 and iPad Mini engineering mold claims appear, consistent with what we've heard so far
11. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
oh you got me there, anyways making it taller only may not be the best idea ever(rumors), they should increase both but lets see how this turns out
2. mobilefuture (Posts: 214; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
if it doesnt have an A6 quad-core processor then the Nexus 7 will prevail!!!
3. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
If the iPad mini is going to be 7 mm thin, then it'll have a ridiculous battery life!
13. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Especially if it is equipped with an LTE radio. Probably measured in double-digit minutes.
Oh wait - I just heard about iApples new strategy regarding the mini. It will be sold as a complement to the iPhone - it will use the iPhone as a tether for Broadband Internet access. iApple is going to be selling the iPhone bundled with the iMini for $1,000 (USD) and up. This is the latest scheme to get you to part with your hard-earned $ come Christmas [!]
4. tigermcm (Posts: 851; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
am I wrong for not understanding the point of an iPad mini?
5. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Nope, I'm still trying to understand the point of tablets in general.
12. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
7" could do if you want a device to play games, read books draw, and social stuff. and with a good price it could be nice. but if you have a laptop.... well it could mean you may not need a tablet
15. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Rememeber though, for the longest of times it was clear that Apple was not going into that space as it was not deemed profitable enough for them. If they decided to make a tablet in that range though, it would certainly affirm concerns of competition and with the reality that android tablets and now the oncoming windows 8 tablets are something that should worry about.
19. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
duh! they are loosing market share......
21. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Did Apple ever say that was their reason for not coming out with a 7inch tablet? Saying that "it was clear" for the longest time is so subjective. I think the only thing we can assume is that they didn't find it profitable before and for some reason or another they now find it profitable. I feel like we have the tendency to attach a side story to everything Apple does to paint a picture of a fearful/struggling company. But then again, you could be right...
17. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Sit on a couch for three hours watching TV while reading the news on your laptop and come back...
Then you will understand the point of tablets.
20. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Well I'm back and I still don't understand. I'm going to need more reason than that to drop $400-500
8. pellegrini (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
You may not understand it because it will not fit to yours needs.
6. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 660; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Whn will ppl ever learn that, they will never see the real thing until Apple reveals it.
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
So you say that people are stupid like a sheeps and only Apple are smart and sheeps doesn't see the real thing until Apple says them what is real and what's not?
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
once again fake, those chinese make this so they can earn some money to those apple biased site such as cnet and appleinsider
9. dcgore (Posts: 225; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
Oh no! That guy from the terminator movie has morphed into a metal block that looks like an iphone...ruuuuuun!!
10. Aeires (unregistered)
Stories like this remind me of the one last year where a guy made an aluminum mock-up of the "iPhone5" based upon a protective phone case. Neither the iPhone5 nor the mock-up were accurate to any degree.
One thing about Apple, nothing gets leaked unless they want it leaked. You can speculate all you want, the best bet is just wait and see.
14. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I am realizing now that there is one problem with being so thin in the world of Apple products, it prevents more and more people from tampering and/or altering the device through third party repair people. Which means if something goes broke, you must go to Apple. Such a disappointing action indeed.
22. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Lol, now we're complaining about being too thin. Well the iPhone 4/4S is the thinnest iPhone but it's actually the most repairable and customizeable. A lot of people change their phones color to red, pink or whatever by ordering parts online. It has nothing to do with thinness but a lot to do with how the phone is built. Why don't we save all the negativity until we actually see the phone.
18. The_Godfather (Posts: 186; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Same s**tty design no one gonna buy it lolzzzz