x We have placed cookies on your device to make your experience better. Find more info here.
x PhoneArena.com наема във Варна! Ако технологиите са в кръвта ти и имаш перфектен писмен английски,
ние ти даваме възможността да станеш част от екипа ни. - виж повече

Sprint's Diamond gets pictured

Posted: , by Brian K.

Sprint's Diamond gets pictured
A user on the PPCGeeks forums has posted what appear to be the first pictures of the CDMA version of the HTC Touch Diamond. That this is coming to Sprint is no surprise, in fact we've known about it since April, but it's always good to see some evidence to back up the rumors. From the blurry pictures we can see the TouchFLO 3D interface we loved so much on the GSM version, though it appears that there have been some Sprint customizations. So far we don't know anything about specs, but from what we've heard before it should be similar to its GSM counterpart. The user is also reporting that the Diamond would launch before the Touch Pro, even though it hasn't hit the FCC yet. Since the GSM Diamond launched first that would make sense, and indeed the Pro's FCC filing we saw yesterday requested confidentiality until October 19th, but we'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

source: PPCGeeks

Sprint's Diamond gets pictured
Sprint's Diamond gets pictured

wow how nice.

posted on 01 Jul 2008, 16:11

I hate to say this but I'm glad that Sprint is getting nicer phones.

posted on 01 Jul 2008, 18:09

Yeah finally...

posted on 09 Jul 2008, 18:13

Fer shizzle, my nizzle!

posted on 01 Jul 2008, 17:34

This is coming to Sprint 1st, yippie

posted on 01 Jul 2008, 17:36

Awwwwww, no front facing camera (covered by Sprint logo). On the other hand, very excited - pictures means coming soon!

posted on 03 Jul 2008, 08:28

31. NotInEuropeorJapan (unregistered)

Hmmm... In the United States, no carrier supports a complete video calling service. In AT&T you can send videos as messages..... But, besides an obsession with yourself that pushes you to take portrait pictures of you while you look at yourself on the screen at the same time while you take to picture to later put it on the phone as a wallpaper and look at yourself every time you open the phone, the back camera does a good job to "capture" those moments of life that can't wait to be remember.

posted on 01 Jul 2008, 17:49

thats not the HTC diamond !!!

posted on 03 Jul 2008, 08:22

30. YesItIs (unregistered)

Yes it is... The Shadow has a different button design and "D-Pad".... and Yes it is! P.S.: Yes it is P.S.2: Yes it is, but don't tell nobody - specially only... shhh ... it is a secrete!

posted on 01 Jul 2008, 18:01

6. blahblah poo (unregistered)

num 5 it is the htc diamon num 4 ther is a front camera

posted on 02 Jul 2008, 07:42

What front-facing camera in a CDMA phone ? (No video calling)

posted on 01 Jul 2008, 18:02

7. rahiml786 (unregistered)

it kind of looks like the htc shadow from tmobile?

posted on 01 Jul 2008, 22:26

Yeah you're right. Looks like a sprint version of the shadow. This is not the diamond. The rounded top and bottom and the lack of a front facing camera give it away.

posted on 01 Jul 2008, 18:36

blahblah, the Sprint logo is clearly right on top of where the camera is on the GSM version. American versions never have front-facing cameras.

posted on 01 Jul 2008, 22:14

and who cares? its a phone!

posted on 02 Jul 2008, 13:51

video calling, fool

posted on 02 Jul 2008, 14:52

Who are you going to video call with if only one US phone has the feature? I guess you can buy two of them and video call with your self. Sounds like a nice feature but in the real world it would be more of a hassle. Eveywhere you go you will look like a fool holding your phone out in front of you, not to mention tring to drive. Didn't they already try video calling on landlines like 10 years ago? Boy did that ever take off!! The only situation where I see any use for the feature would be business confernce calls.

posted on 01 Jul 2008, 19:10

10. thechosen1ji (unregistered)

good things come to those who wait!! i am going to be a proud sprint customer this yr thanks to the phone selection

posted on 01 Jul 2008, 19:16

11. ENVi (unregistered)

CDMA doesn't do data and voice at the same time, so I can see why this doesn't have a front facing camera. The reason GSM carrier like ATT can do front facing camera is because it contains two seperate chip, one for voice (GSM) and one for data (3G, UMTS, etc). Combine the two, you get video phone, or surf the web and talk at the same time. Something lacking in the CDMA carrier.

posted on 01 Jul 2008, 19:55

12. ldrn (unregistered)

Actually, CDMA does the same with 3g. If you are using 2g data, you can't do both. If you are using 3g, you can. However, in the Sprint phone I use, they use a "feature" that disables voice while on data and vice versa; you can disable it with a settings hack and do data alongside voice just fine.

posted on 01 Jul 2008, 22:12

13. wasubo (unregistered)

no 3g phone on a cdma carrier can have voice and data because evdo is incompatible...all cdma carriers would have to upgrade their towers to ev-dv

posted on 01 Jul 2008, 22:39

16. jethro_static (unregistered)

@envi and what phone can do video calls? even U have voice and data at the same time, Ur phone does not have the capabilities.

posted on 02 Jul 2008, 21:07

27. neogeek (unregistered)

"On the Sprint phone that [you] use" which shall go nameless, I suppose. Well , , , that's still good news to me! So, on the new Palm Treo 800w - coming soon, to stores, and me - some sort of hack would "do the trick?" Right? Uhh, 'sure would like to know how t' do dat. ;) tnx.

posted on 01 Jul 2008, 23:52

does anybody know if there's going to be a Verizon model too,i hope so,cause sprint's service is garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on 02 Jul 2008, 01:18

There's a rumor....http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Information-on-upcoming-Verizon-phones-article-a_2936.html

posted on 02 Jul 2008, 08:17

20. PuRTTY TY (unregistered)

C'mon Guys Now What USA CDMA Phone has a Camera on the front i mea really?Dumb Question!!!! Only Unlocked gsm phone have have that!!! "IT Is A Diamond n if u think all Service Providers (Alltel, Verizon, Sprint, At&T) Have the Same phones

posted on 02 Jul 2008, 12:56

21. jrcrow (unregistered)

lol..Verizon version of anything would take another 6month-2yrs!..litteraly!!

posted on 02 Jul 2008, 15:42

24. evilecho (unregistered)

this image was stolen from ppcgeeks

posted on 02 Jul 2008, 15:45

It think that is why at the end of the article it says... source: PPCGeeks And if you click on PPCGeeks it takes you to the same pictures....

posted on 02 Jul 2008, 19:01

Most, if not all CDMA HTC's come out on Sprint 1st

posted on 03 Jul 2008, 01:49

28. EN (unregistered)

I don't really like the User Interface. I like the setup and everything, but ever since my voyager, I think that black is a really dull and boring color to use as an interface.

posted on 03 Jul 2008, 07:58

29. TheAre (unregistered)

Oh no! it runs on windows mobile, I'll be sticking with iPhone.

posted on 03 Jul 2008, 17:10

32. iphool (unregistered)

really what can you do with the iphone besides making calls and play doodle?? wm phones by far blows that pc of crap away. i guess u own a mac book and a ipod too so u fall in that category of wannabes, be an individual for once and stop following stupid trends. the things i can do with a windows mobile phone would have any iphone user drooling, u shouldnt even put any of htc's phones in the same class as an iphone because even though they label it as a pda it will never come close to a touch( i wouldnt say a mogul because of the flide out keyboard, try out texting me on ur iphone LOL) the funny part of it all i can change my wm phone to an iphone ;) can u change ur to anything else? i hate getting into debates with 1@10Ts about wm phones and iphones. PPC GEEKS ARE THE GREATEST PEOPLE ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!! JOIN THE COOZ BOOGIE MALITIA

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 10:45

33. Less hateful (unregistered)

Well, without getting really bent I would have to say picking iphone over a Windows mobile device is OK if all you like is a mac look. Other than that the iphone can't do anything better. 1. download music.. sorry - can't do it unless you're on wifi. If I have wifi might as well use computer. 2. itunes isn't as good.. if you do download music to your iphone via wifi you can't send it to mac because itunes is one way. Not true with PC apps 3. can't view much video.. 2g iphone way to slow, 3g iphone will still be on a slower 3g connection that Sprint's revA. 4. TV? no... 5. work email? no 6. remote a desktop computer? no 7. install thousands of 3rd party apps? no 8. sync contacts with outlook? 9. sync calendar with outlook? 10. read word, excel, powerpoint docs? 11. replace a battery for less than the cost of a new phone? 12. be without a phone for a week while your iphone battery is replaced? 13. bluetooth stereo? that I really don't know.. maybe iphone can? I can go on and on but I'm even boring myself.

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 23:17

37. ThigaMaJig (unregistered)

well spoken. despite it's flaws (as all systems have some) wm IMO is the best. theres just so much room in it to make it your own. and even when they open the iphone to 3rd party apps they still have ALOT of catching up to do. i'm waiting on the touch pro though..(GOTTA have that keyboard)

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 13:34

40. TheAre (unregistered)

I do own a macbook, and 2 other macs too, and 3 iPods between me and my wife, I have used a mac since 1997 and I hate windows, I have to put up with windows every day at work for 8 hours A day. I loved my 1st gen iPhone and now I'll love my new iPhone 3G on 7/12 (id get it on 7/11 but I cant take off from work) Anyway, I am not here to argue with people about why I think apple makes superior products. In my world its Mac only, and all my friends who I introduced to the mac platform thank me for It. Don't knock it till you try it. you will never know till you open yourself to Think Different!

posted on 23 Jul 2008, 17:11

42. TheAre (unregistered)

Less Hateful, you are wrong on all 13 of your coments, iPhone can do all these things, and more. It can sync with outlook and read word, excel and powerpoint docs, can windows mobile read iWork docs? Pages, numbers and keynote docs? NO! You said no Work e-mail, well you are wrong. You said install thousands of 3rd party apps, well maybe not thousands yet, but there are 20 to 30 new ones a day and windows mobile has a few more year head start, But iPhone will catch up and pass WinMo fast. You said No TV, well I watch live streaming TV on my iPhone + YouTube and live streaming radio via a free app by AOL. So I can get many geners of music, no need for sattellite radio anymore. When I download music on my iPhone, the next time I sync it to my mac, iTunes automaticly saves a copy of the track in a folder called iPhone purchases. and last but not least, you can switch out the battery in your iPhone yourself, it is not soldered to main board anymore, its a matter of removing 2 screws and swapping it with a new one. though I do not recomend it as it may void your warenty if you open it yourself. iphool, I have no words for you, you never held an iPhone if you can say what your saying. windows mobile is total crap. I used and htc diamond for work till iPhone 2.0 came out, at whitch point I did not need the htc anymore because I cand do exchange e-mail on my iPhone now. Dont forget Apple is new to the cell phone business, They update firmware every few months, adding new features and now 3rd pary developers can add even more features so please, if you must say something, do some research first, you sound like a fool, guess thats why you call yourself iPhool. LOL!!!!

posted on 31 Jul 2008, 15:14

44. less hateful (unregistered)

I did try it. I work for a major corporation and supported Macs for 2 years. I really can't say this without sounding smart @$$ so I'm sorry but I feel compelled to say it. You say in your world its mac only.. sorry - it's not.. its mac when you get home and windows at work. So - without your Windows at work you really couldn't afford to own a Mac. why do your friends thank you for introducing them to Mac? What can it do that Windows can't? absolutly nothing. and I swear if someone says something stupid about a graphics program.. that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. first there are many apps for the windows platform that are just as good.. second.. if that is the only thing anyone can come up with thats like owning a funny car. it's only good for one thing.. going forward. it can't carry grocieries, it can't go off road, it can't make a turn, it can't haul a washer & dryer? regardless of what everyone's personal opinions are.. If macs were that great major businesses would use them. PCs are replaced every 3-4 years at least in most companies that use the heavily. If macs were that great they would have phased them in.

posted on 09 Aug 2008, 02:27

WM 6.1 Only three things in life needed. 1. Full TV with Slingbox. check 2. Full broadband internet on laptop at all times using bluetooth tethering. check 3. Wireless music with stereo bluetooth. check nuff said

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 13:41

So when do you guys think this phone is going to hit Sprint?

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 23:18

38. ThigamaJig (unregistered)

supposedly September..

posted on 31 Jul 2008, 15:17

45. less hateful (unregistered)

that was true - delayed to mid Oct

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 23:10

Sprint is the come up i love it man i love sprint

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 23:11

they said september

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 01:05

@ Less hateful: 1. download music: you're right, only with WiFi for now, but possibly an update after 3g launches... 2. itunes isn't as good: I'm a PC user. I don't care too much for macs, but iTunes is pretty good. And when you download music on your iPhone/iPod Touch via WiFi, it will get transferred to your computer the next time you sync it. 3. can't view much video: you can view much video... 4. TV? you're right. no, but then again, Sprint's Live TV isn't all that good. I spend more time on Youtube than watching TV, but to each their own. 5. work email? yes 6. remote a desktop computer? yes, there are 3rd party apps that allow you to do it. 7. install thousands of 3rd party apps? once the app store launches, yes. 8. sync contacts with outlook? yes 9. sync calendar with outlook? yes 10. read word, excel, powerpoint docs? yes...good God, do you even know what an iPhone looks like? 11. replace a battery for less than the cost of a new phone? $85.95, so...yes. (source: apple website) 12. be without a phone for a week while your iphone battery is replaced? no, either pay 30 bucks at an apple store for a loaner phone, or pop out the SIM card and put it in a different GSM phone...one of the advantages of GSM. 13. bluetooth stereo? Yes. But please, go on and on, so that you can show how much you don't know. By the way, I'm a PC user who has been with Sprint for over 10 years...however, I hate it when people speak out of their @$$. Get your facts straight, that way you don't make us legitimate PC/Sprint users look uneducated.

posted on 29 Jul 2008, 00:14

@anonymous: But please, go on and on, so that you can show how much you don't know. By the way, I'm a PC user who has been with Sprint for over 10 years...however, I hate it when people speak out of their @$$. Get your facts straight, that way you don't make us legitimate PC/Sprint users look uneducated. --- And I hate it when people think they have to start insulting people, instead of having a conversation about it. Grow up. And if you are about to say how old you are, fine... act your age! Insulting people because they don't agree with you about which phone is better... On second, thought, GET A LIFE!

posted on 24 Aug 2008, 21:38

47. Mr. Kfr3sh (unregistered)

To all you bafoons who said this isnt the diamond;IT IS YOU IDIOTS lmao people's ignorance these days disgusts me.