Samsung challenge Chrome with its own mobile web browser
2. jjjsong (Posts: 74; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
Hopefully it's good and they'll release it as an app where people can download and use (although probably unlikely).
3. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Hope they don't plan sMAPS as next big thing ... for me i use default android browser though i have all downloaded for testing responsive sites that we do .. all means maxthon/dolphin/chrome/firefox/opera :)
4. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 6813; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
If they keep this up TouchWiz will become an OS while the Android built under it will be lost in the shuffle.
8. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
They will launch "BANDROID" a cross between BADA and Android with their own browser .. hmmm so that's why they are doing their own browser ... :D
20. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
They are working on Tizen that's why they are using android as a test OS...i am sure..
24. Ohrules (Posts: 326; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
wow, for once you got more thumbs up than thumbs down :P
6. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Replica of web Chrome browser from window base is great. UI is definitely need some attention. Chrome installed on my Asus T300 provide endless features and I loved it.
10. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its easy. partner with Dolphin or Opera, keep flash support, add a few hooks to samsung apps, rebrand. Bam. "samsung browser". :)
28. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
correction.... S-browser :) but i don't like that idea chrome is gonna kick its ass anyways
11. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1114; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Samsung is slowly taking step by step to become their own "Apple" and branch off from google.
12. Apple_Royally_ (banned) (Posts: 42; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Puffin web-browser is the best. it takes 6seconds to load PhoneArena with Flash on. Beat that.
13. christianqwerty (Posts: 464; Member since: 05 May 2011)
I prefer the stock browser on the s3 than chrome
15. remtothemax (Posts: 253; Member since: 02 May 2012)
yay, another reason for android updates to be delayed on samsung devices
just what we need
16. Ragnarockd (Posts: 47; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Stock browser is more reliable so far in s3.
17. webOSlove (unregistered)
the stock Jellybean browser is faster than Chrome
19. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
One does not simply compete with google.(read=look what happened to apple, yahoo, and soon microsoft with windows)
25. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Actually chrome on SGS3 4.04 isn't the smoothest. It's 300 times better than on iOS, yes, but still - I hope Samsung delivers something that is lighter and smoother.
Then again - maybe on 4.1 Chrome will be better.
Oh and yeah - I sold my iPhone 4 at last and got the SGS3. :) Screw you, Apple! :D
26. Samsomesh (Posts: 188; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
But did chrome supports flash?? Samsung should develop browser which will support flash contents..like one on safari.!
27. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
What Samsung contributed to the Android and webkit source code . Why people still dumb to think that Samsung is a do no evil and all good company ? I agree that one google but Samsung is just the same as apple !
Btw can I port the ics browser to jellybean on my GNexus ? Old ics browser is better than chrome
29. addicted2088 (Posts: 53; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Samsung did one good thing to the default browser during the Gingerbread days: add hardware acceleration to it even though Android itself did not have it, so the browser on the Galaxy S on Gingerbread was the smoothest there was.
But to see their own browser is not a thing I would want to see, but then again, I only buy Nexus devices, so won't really bother me.