Samsung Galaxy S7 Exynos 8890 edition benchmark tests are out: scores below LG G5 with Snapdragon 820
1. Clars123 (Posts: 616; Member since: 16 Mar 2015)
ohhh..the comment section is about to get lit
4. combatmedic870 (Posts: 567; Member since: 02 Sep 2015)
Well that's because the 820 is better in every way and exynos lovers hate it..... *evil grin*
28. Neros (Posts: 1016; Member since: 19 Dec 2014)
Exynos lovers hated sd810, which was utterly sh*t. Sd820 seems to be very powerful. 800euros for 27fps. Well played sammy. Vulcan pc experience at work :D. That cintematic feel in the game.
42. Awalker (Posts: 1432; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Antutu puts more focus on single core performance and the SD 820 has better single core performance than the Exynos chip. Multi-core performance may be better with the Exynos chip.
54. Neros (Posts: 1016; Member since: 19 Dec 2014)
Cpus have comparable performance on both variants. It's the gpu where it hurts the most. Pay 800euros for much inferior chipset. Isheep b*tched when there was 2-3% of difference between two variants. Andreno will he easily 30% faster than mali. Sammy's offering inferior hardware for Europeans for more cash than the superior US version. This is why I'm pissed. They should've restricted exynos to the Asian market or at least lower its price since it's greatly inferior. I'm not getting s7 if andreno proves to be much better. G5 will be probably a lot cheaper than the s7, yet it offers sd820. Sammy fooked up hard with this one.
64. Macready (Posts: 874; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
First GFXBench SD820 results are actually a tad slower than these for the same resolution. Both well ahead of the 6s/6s Plus for the same resolution (and Samsung gives you a choice for output resolution too..)
78. zunaidahmed (Posts: 703; Member since: 24 Dec 2011)
not, GSMarena already has GFX benchmark, the 8890 is on par with snappy 810 in graphics department, which sucks for a new flagship of 2016
86. zunaidahmed (Posts: 703; Member since: 24 Dec 2011)
here r the benchmarks comparing Z5 and mate8 to it, the custom samsung cores doesn't seem so custom to me, they have the exact same performance as the A72 cores, and the gfx scores are a tad bit lower than Z5 premium (810)
126. Macready (Posts: 874; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
Those scores make no sense, knowing that the GPU is much faster than the one in the S6 (faster and 50% more threads). I used the GFXBench database instead.
122. alex3run (Posts: 710; Member since: 18 May 2014)
Lol what? Exynos 7420 is already about 15% faster than sd810.
147. marorun (Posts: 3393; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Only because the SD810 throttled :)
At full speed whitout throttle the SD810 would have killed the Exynos 7420 in all departement.
This is fixed by funny to say using samsung 14 nm process and custom core from qualcomm.
I am glad Qualcomm shown thats they are the leader again!
145. jalebi2000 (Posts: 176; Member since: 01 Mar 2015)
The Exynos 7420 already outperforms the SD810. In both cpu and gpu. :>
160. yogihoy (Posts: 8; Member since: 17 Feb 2015)
You know what i was going to get an s7 edge...updating my note 4..my first szmsung phone..but reading this...after the no updates and no note 5 to uk...they can f off
129. pooma (Posts: 58; Member since: 01 Oct 2015)
well.. if this is the case then iphone 6s should top the antutu table as iphone 6s has more single core score than SD 820
143. Shocky (unregistered)
No, people hated SN810 because it overheated and battery life was horrible.
SB820 seems okay so far.
62. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 2274; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Disappointing, I expected a score higher than my 6s plus, despite the lower benchmark score i'm sure it's a great device.
121. alex3run (Posts: 710; Member since: 18 May 2014)
SD820 is better only in hardcore Qualcomm fans' minds.
31. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I like how PA's scores are completely different from other sites lmao. I've been seeing 130,000+ on tests.
115. ibend (Posts: 3908; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
I guess, its because they use antutu 5.. because i6s only got 59k score.. while on antutu 6 iPhone score had amazingly bloated
117. kabiluddin (Posts: 184; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
I like how salty you are over the benchmark score.
119. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I like how dumb you sound right now. :)
-Sent from iPhone 6S Plus
33. QWERTYphone (Posts: 654; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
LG G5 is the best phone of 2016.
Samsung is DEAD, and has been since they've been copying Apple.
40. DRS1977 (Posts: 431; Member since: 27 May 2015)
LG makes 5 cents per phone, the GS7 will outsell all flagship Android phones combined. Keep dreaming...
49. CoastCity (Posts: 247; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
All thieves make money for free until they get caught. What does that say for them? (Just saying)
83. iushnt (Posts: 1579; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
But despite LG being a thief, it's earning is still relatively low..Your point?
79. meanestgenius (Posts: 10592; Member since: 28 May 2014)
While Samsunsung is definitely NOT dead, sales DO NOT determine which smartphone is the best. By that logic, the iPhone is the best phone EVER.
"The best" is what's determined by what's best for the individuals wants and needs. There really is no "best", just what's best for YOU.
149. marorun (Posts: 3393; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
If you want a flagship for gaming the G5 is for you.
If you want great lowlight picture the S7 is for you.
There is space for everyone.
But this year Samsung is not the king for performance and thats a reality.
111. TerryTerius (Posts: 1600; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
I would really like for you to explain to me in rational non-fanboy terms how Samsung is in any way shape or form dead. Empirically and objectively.
36. s.kumaran (Posts: 25; Member since: 18 Feb 2016)
Hello, Phone arena. Where is the S7 Edge benchmark score?
9. maherk (Posts: 3498; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
You are sticking with your 6S no matter what ;)
12. fyah_king (Posts: 291; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
Yeah, stick with that low resolution screen.lol
You might as well go back to your perferct screen size of 3.5in.lol
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 20148; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You're actually calling the S7 a fail dude??? How, may I ask?
20. Diezparda (Posts: 869; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
LOL maybe because he's seeing the on screen result was far behind the 6S. Anyway i'm not relying too much on benchmark but we know if you're gamer you can't go wrong with the 6S (it's a monster anyway).
The biggest let down for me is Sammy didn't include FT, i think it's reserved for Note 6? or Samsung try to stay "original"? who knows? Still can't find 6S at any retail in Jakarta hahaha how sad... I'm really interested at 3D touch/FT.
35. elhombre (Posts: 6; Member since: 20 Jan 2016)
Forcetouch is absolutly not a functional feature in My opinion, for me it is a gimmick. We have manager to live without it so far and in My opinion it is not a groundbreaking feature :)
41. darkkjedii (Posts: 20148; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I absolutely love 3D Touch. I use it all the time, and it's getting better every day as more and more devs include it. Your opinion is your opinion.
47. joeytaylor (Posts: 420; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
I think the 3D in a samsung would have been limited to there apps.....unless the would release the apk like the edge features. ..then who knows what it could be
130. JumpinJackROMFlash (Posts: 450; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
Pray tell: what do you use it for that long touch doesn't work for? I'm really curious as I can't find a proper use case for it.
133. darkkjedii (Posts: 20148; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
YouTube the differences, then holla back. Just cause you can't find a proper case, doesn't mean I can't.
50. Diezparda (Posts: 869; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
I never had any experience with FT (on a smartphone), so i can't say much about it. Probably because i'm expecting too much for this feature, Anyway i simply love more feature that's why i love Android & TW.
128. pooma (Posts: 58; Member since: 01 Oct 2015)
you think till samsung launches it in future, u will not think once samsung put force touch in their flagships
37. darkkjedii (Posts: 20148; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
2 things only disappoint me.
1. No ir blaster.
2. Internal storage on 32 gigs.
48. Awalker (Posts: 1432; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
With microsd card support I don't see why anyone would need more than 32GB of internal storage.
59. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8985; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Just so he can complain like a spoiled brat who didn't get what he wanted.
95. vliang86 (Posts: 157; Member since: 05 Oct 2015)
Well to be fair, S7 edge is better in every way than iPhone 6S, except benchmark and likely game performance
69. darkkjedii (Posts: 20148; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I don't like sd cards at all. Now doesn't it make since that I'd be disappointed? If not, then oh well.
87. iushnt (Posts: 1579; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
GSMarena has mentioned 64 gigs as an option too.
94. darkkjedii (Posts: 20148; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well first of all, I'm not interested in this phone at all, it's all hypothetical. The Note 6 is what I'd want those things to apply to...well the Note 7 actually.
I just think 64 gigs + sd would be better than 32. I'm not an sd fan at all.
140. Shocky (unregistered)
Not in the US and not in Europe.
32GB is all we will see, I said this would happen, you can't have both sdcard's and large internal storage together.
It's one or the other, networks and carriers will always want the cheapest device, having an sdcard slot gives them an excuse to never to stock the larger devices.
This is what everyone wanted right?
150. marorun (Posts: 3393; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Some games are 4 gb in size and cant be moved to the SD card ( unless you adopt the sd card as internal wich the S7 and G5 dont support at all )
So if you are like me and have lots of games and apps you are scewed..
I keep like 60 business oriented apps on my phone at all time to show to clients.
I also play lots of games.
On my moto X play i have nearly 60 gb used out of my 144 total memory.
51. Diezparda (Posts: 869; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
I think there's 64 gigs option, CMIIW.
No it blaster, yeah i nearly forgot the S6 have it LOL
I'm waiting for this device, i think i'll go with the Note 5 instead but juicy 3600mah battery seems yummy.
70. tedkord (Posts: 10705; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Wait, I thought I saw it comes with 32gb, 64gb and 128gb variants. Or did I misread somewhere?
141. Shocky (unregistered)
Officially there is only 32GB and 64GB, unofficially you will probably never see a 64GB version in the flesh.
134. MrElectrifyer (Posts: 2392; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
What use is 3D touch over all the quick actions you get via the edge screen? 3D touch is a meh gimmick, all of those "shortcuts" it claims to offer could be initiated via simple swipe-up gesture. Heck, a Play Store app called Action Launcher offers more than meh shortcuts, it offers widgets of the app via a simple swipe on the app icon.
Force touch is just apple trying to create an excuse to limit ancient and basic Android features to their latest device. It brings nothing beneficial that wasn't already possible. I'm glad Samsung didn't bother implementing that useless crap.
22. vliang86 (Posts: 157; Member since: 05 Oct 2015)
S7 Exynos 8890's benchmark sucks....period...while everything else is excellent.