Nokia teasing something BIG for tomorrow
More likely, we’ll see news regarding Nokia’s Asha lineup. The color is reminiscent of the Nokia Asha 501, a touchscreen-enabled feature phone in the sub-$100 category. Could we see finally a new Asha with 3G support?
Or are we in for more colors? These are just our guesses, but make sure to take a look back tomorrow to see what did Nokia have in mind.
The ‘BIG’ announcement is coming at 9am UK time | 4am EST | 1am PT
source: Nokia Conversations
1. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3934; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Or it could literally be BIG as in a Lumia phablet and/or tablet.
10. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2993; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I don't believe that's happening in a program which is not given a prior notice...like the unveiling of 1020.
Something related with Asha series would seem right.
24. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 146; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
The Lumia 620 was released without prior notice as well.
I have a feeling it's an Asha too, because colored fonts can be found in the Asha 501 but not in Lumia phones. However, as others said, the "BIG" in the text might point to a phablet, which could only be a Lumia.
29. Dastrix (Posts: 574; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Maybe sometime as BIG as an orangey/pinkish 3310... Who knows?
35. haseebzahid (Posts: 1812; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i dont think lumia is gona be annouced now till september october othervise long before announcments result is bad reputation
44. akki20892 (Posts: 3295; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Lumia 625 is coming guys.
4.7" - 800*480 - 201ppi
1.2ghz dual core
5mp and vga
7. SportDriver (Posts: 29; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
And our nightmare :D
I expect Lumia 625.
22. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
How a nightmare exactly for a company to adopt the most advanced OS in the world....
25. -box- (Posts: 3729; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Still not as advanced as Symbian... Better setup for modern hardware, but still playing catch-up.
28. Dastrix (Posts: 574; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
"most advanced OS in the world" - total opinion
48. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
haha, having a thousand fart apps in the playstore doesn't make it the most advanced os, or you wouldn't be jealous and be here on a Nokia page waiting for an announcement....can't blame you though...i'm sure there would be a Lumia just for you...and it's not gonna be on crappy and laggy android though...
16. wendygarett (unregistered)
Nope, a big dumbell for Dwayne :)
4. icyrock1 (Posts: 303; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Lumia Phablet? Nah, too soon for that (I expect to see that around quarter 3 when GDR3 is released) plus I think they would have given a bigger (pun intended) warning than that with press invites and the like.
Probably has something to do with there Lumia line there aiming at the developing markets (india, china, etc).
21. icyrock1 (Posts: 303; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Nah. They would have sent press invites out a week or so ago, like they did with the 1020.
Probably has to do with there line of budget Lumia's or a refresh to there lines of phones.
37. haseebzahid (Posts: 1812; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
maybe BIG feature phablet you know asha phablet :D
9. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
its LUMIA 625.
how can you forget?
it has biggest lumia screen
42. akki20892 (Posts: 3295; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
right Lumia 625 going to announce tomorrow, and i except to more announce.
11. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 72; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
I hope its not a Lumia with a 100 Megapixel camera.. LOL!
17. wendygarett (unregistered)
Are you kidding? Shut up and take my money!!! :D
13. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Its Lumia 625 which leaked last week.
It has the same dual layer shell for its back cover like Lumia 620 which makes it shine.
This might be coming in red color, although 620 never released in red.
Not asha for sure.
18. Dunknown (Posts: 80; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Can it be Nokia Tablet? or Lumia 625? or The Symbian Comeback phone? or Lumia 82x? or Lumia 4xx? or Lumia 3xx? or Lumia 2xx? or Lumia 1xx? or New Software Sailfish phone? or Lumia 11xx? or major releases of new apps
20. mcvoxzombie (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
Color is a "kind" of amber ...is it amber update rolling out?
23. SIGPRO (Posts: 403; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Hmmm the color is red and not orange, and the new Alu EOS, phablet and tablet will be announced in september! So this might be a Asha series phone!
26. -box- (Posts: 3729; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Special red edition of 1020 for Vodafone? Large-screen phone?
Unlikely to be tablet or "phablet".
31. sprockkets (Posts: 1146; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
I liked the old Nokia better - who released products without the BS hoopla. Thanks for becoming apple.
32. snowgator (Posts: 3197; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
I can understand, but not much can be done. In this day and age, the promo is as important as the device. BlackBerry fans probably miss the old BB as well, but both companies are trying to recover from not adapting.
33. skyline88 (Posts: 308; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
6.5 inch Full HD Lumia 960, 16.1 megapixel
34. papss (unregistered)
I would love to see a red 1020 be announced.. That would totally make my day
39. poping (unregistered)
nokia ubuntu series smartphones...
40. MistB (Posts: 551; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Asha flagship phone? The Asha series are down to earth ordinary phones which do come in handy although I have never used them, though I do like the punchy vibrant colours Nokia is known for. I actually prefer the design of Nokia's Asha phones than their WP8 devices, although when it comes to the actual usage WP8 is a delight to use in comparison.
41. MistB (Posts: 551; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
It's the Nokia Lumia 625, go onto Nokia's twitter page. 4.7 inches with a 480p res, not impressed one bit.
47. papss (unregistered)
Yeah wpcentral already broke the news too. I applaud Nokia on making a big phone with low specs, seems they are just filling the gaps. Not that it's a deal breaker but I wonder why they are doing the sd card on this phone but not the higher end phones though.
45. Paradox (Posts: 123; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
I should sue them for announcing my private area
46. papss (unregistered)
This^^ this made me laugh pretty hard