Nokia Xpress browser for Lumia Windows Phones released, brings up to 90% web page compression
Apart from thinning down your monthly data bill, the new browser for Lumias should bring some battery life savings as well.
The Nokia Xpress browser is currently available for download only on Nokia Beta Labs. Here is a summary of its new features, as presented by Nokia and you can also check out a video demonstration of it right below.
- Detailed report on the amount of data that you consumed on the browser. Can be saved as a live tile for quick view.
- Save sites with RSS feeds in the browser and then view the articles in a magazine style layout.
- Save pages for offline viewing
- Save a video on SkyDrive and watch it later
- Tap on a word on a page and do a quick search on Wikipedia, Bing and YouTube
- Translate a page to one of the 10 language options available
2. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Where have I heard this music before and what's its name?
3. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 592; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
When Victor reports good WP news he just puts the bare minimum facts... When there is the slightest chance to insert negativity he goes off on more lengthy and opinionated writings...
It is all good. I am very excited for this browser for certain styles of browsing. Nokia proving again why it is the premier Windows Phone partner. #Switch
4. gunnroses (Posts: 20; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
WE need Nokia on ANdroid, they will so many innovations. S. Elop should be fired now, he is the main reason why NOkia is on downfall
5. djstammo (Posts: 16; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
I agree about Elop, but disagree about Android.
6. Lift_Off (Posts: 150; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Ya Nokia doesn't need android. WP8 looks awesome and I believe it's going to catch on. I'll be getting the lumia 920 if everything works out!
7. marions (Posts: 13; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Great Nokia....that is so damn cool!!! I love it!! Now, let's hope the actual voice quality of the new Nokia's is good.
8. -box- (Posts: 3566; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Using it now to post this. Playing with the settings made the images bearable :)