Nokia Sirius Windows RT tablet pictured with new info
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
This is a tablet, not a smartphone. Bezel is one of the most important thing for a tablet, which helps you to avoid accidental taps/presses.
9. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
the iPad mini pulls of a thin bezel, besides the bezel makes it look like a photo frame!
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
That's how 10.1 inch tablets should look like IMO. Just think it as a photo frame that can do everything like playing games, browsing the web, watching movies etc. Not trying to be a fanboy or something, but I like the photo frame design on 10.1 inch tablets.
10. AnukulVcool (unregistered)
a bezel less TV looks like shi* same goes with tablets, its not a smartphone!
13. pellegrini (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
I have to disagree with you, a bezel less TV looks awesome!
40. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Agreed. Those Samsung tvs with little to no bezel are fantastic.
11. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1452; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Absolutely Hot except price and Windows RT which have alot to catch up.(may be "Blue" update changes that)
14. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Looks so gorgeous........!!! want to use it first.
15. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No, you can't. Unless Elop knows who you are or you're president Obama then you can use whatever you want.
49. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Price ipad 499 and no one bats an eye,
Price a nokia tablet 499 and everyone loses their mind.
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
That red color looks amazingly hot!
33. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Perhaps its built by fisher price!
7. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Strongly considering the Surface RT since the price drop, but with this announcement I may hold off.
The red is hot, I'm not biased that it is my favorite color or anything. :)
51. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
The surface is a pretty sleek tablet. The battery life isn't too bad and meh it's windows 8, but its a great replacement for my laptop and iPad which I use both constantly for work.
16. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
True I just wish it was waterproof like the Z
21. lekeola (banned) (Posts: 43; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
what's the point buying a window RT, you can't install legendary your window apps, also limited RT apps, no matter how beautiful and good specs this device maybe be. it got d most ugly OS. haven't you wonder why most OEM company doesn't support development for hardware OS. cos he ain't gonna sell. Microsoft quite windows RT this equation don't have a solution.
22. KiranPAUSER (Posts: 73; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
Rt is dead platform, i would've been interested had it been full blown windows 8
23. sw9056 (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Dec 2012)
looks great :-) but why no flash :-(
more & more tablets are not putting a flash for the rear camera why ?
24. lekeola (banned) (Posts: 43; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
what's the point buying a window RT, you can't install your legendary
window apps, also limited RT apps, no matter how beautiful, good
specs this device may pack. it got d most ugly OS. haven't you
wonder why most OEM company doesn't support development of
hardware for this OS. cos he ain't gonna sell. Microsoft quite windows RT
this equation don't have a solution.
29. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Have you heard the saying that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder?"
From what I can actually understand of your post, I agree with the lack of app support can be a problem. But, for my own personal use for school and casual gaming the Windows tablets are a good option. And no one said I have to sell my Android Tablet if I buy a Windows one... Also with Micorsoft's acquisition of Nokia you may see more exciting things to come out of WP. It would be a mind boggling event if Microsoft spent all that money to buy Nokia only to let their OS die.
27. Whateverman (Posts: 3262; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Lookin' good! The price is a bit high for RT though, like many here are saying. Maybe if they get all the bugs outs, but either way, I like this tablet!
28. tigermcm (Posts: 855; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
With that price for it being RT ill just get full win8.1 for cheaper
42. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
I would personally rather get a WinRT tablet with a Snapdragon 800, than full Win8.1 on a crappy Atom processor. The price is higher than I'd like though. If you get Win8.1 on a tablet, go Core or go home.
30. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
now every tablet seems to follow the xperia tablet z design. last week, there was the galaxy note 10 ... now, this ...
34. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 217; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Really looks classy...Like a Ferrari. Yummy But
Why RT? Why !!!
35. Avenger337 (Posts: 81; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Just sold two, one for and one for Ballmer Elop. Good specifications but having windows RT, this tablet will be ostracized shortly.
36. lekeola (banned) (Posts: 43; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
My worries are not on WP or windows but widow RT. as for Microsoft buying Nokia device I see innovation cos Microsoft is going to throw everything it has to fight d competition. I rather buy d asus hybrid tablet which is full window 8.1 for $349 than spend so much for beauty that worth nothing in term of usage( I mean window RT not Nokia sirius)
43. boosook (Posts: 1437; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
The red color can't compensate the low resolution screen and windows RT...
46. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2275; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Looks good,,.. but make it a windows 8.1 pro, then im in
47. Dacha (Posts: 12; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
This looks like the Xperia Tablet Z just in red.
48. DLanor1107 (Posts: 31; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
looks like a red tablet z... and its beautiful and appealing.
52. kobainez (Posts: 429; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
This tablet is a rip-off of xperia yab z design and I'm not even being a fanboy. If u take your fanboys glasses of u can see that it's an xperia tablet z design. Whoever disagree with me is a fanboy trust me
58. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1546; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Folks I think microsoft's compotition is puttiong trolls out ther to try to put down MS productslets look at the facts != Apple Ipads and all Android tablets use only touch screen Apps what is wrong with microsoft making a tablet that does the same thing the answer is nothing nobody is putting down Apple Ipads and Android tablets because they do not use any Desktop apps. 2= Arms CPU tablets are cheaper to make and have great battery life that is why Macrosoft still makes Windows on arms CPU controled tablets if it does not. It wont have much impact in the mobile world. 3= The MS "Surface 2's 8.1 operating system is not screwed up like Windows RT's was it runs better and will have Office "outlook added to it to give this tablet the best bang for the buck business tablet on th market right out of the box. if you buy a Windows 8.1 tablet you will have to spend hundreds of dollars more to get the same office suite. 4=. if microsoft sticks to their gunns like GooGle did with their android tablets the Apps will come to microaoft windows on Arms tablets just like they did for Android and Apple Ipads..
59. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1546; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
this Nokia windows on arm CPU tablet may not be a bad deal if they give you their version of the Type cover with the built in battery with it. if it does not then Nokia will have a hard time selling it in the market place.. Nokia would have a better chance if they sold a windows on arms 8 incher at 300 dollars..