Nokia Android phone reportedly still "full steam ahead"
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5152; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Nokia has what - a 2 year stand down period from selling phones? I suspect the Android Nokia will ship Jan, 2016.
16. akki20892 (Posts: 2275; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
We will see in 2014. Maybe dual SIM Nokia Android who knows. Stay tuned buddy.
17. akki20892 (Posts: 2275; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
And could be 4.5 inch screen. Wait and watch.
21. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2535; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Lol❕❕... Just shut it, and get the best you can get... Get a Lumia❕❕
67. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Not sure about that. Since MS makes a killing off of android sales already, why wouldn't they take advantage of the opportunity. I think Nokia should make at least a mid range Android device to test the waters and increase their market. I will probably still use WP8 because of personal preferences, but and Android device wouldn't be a bad idea. That being said, this phone looks like an Asha.
2. TwentyWendy (banned) (Posts: 65; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Low end android phone won't sell, people who want super low end phone will probably Asian and will pick Asian branded instead
No thanks Nokia
7. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4651; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
At least Nokia is trying, there are many peoples around the world and you don't know what they want. A low end Android phone will sell if Nokia did it right, why not give Nokia a try?
61. boosook (Posts: 727; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
And is Nokia doing it right? Would you buy a low-end Nokia-Android phone without Google Play and all the Google services (gmail, gmaps and so on)? Or would you rather get a Moto G?
71. mikelemon (Posts: 84; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Because the Moto G doesn't sell at the same price every where around the world. It might be cheap in the US but in other countries it will cost a lot more.
9. taikucing (unregistered)
low end Samsung phones don't sell well. They are crap. It's the time for Lumia 520 to use android OS and take over the low end market. The only thing that makes people away from Nokia is WP.
33. remtothemax (Posts: 199; Member since: 02 May 2012)
...yep, that 4% of the os pie is just dominating the market
48. TechCrazyedBoy (Posts: 127; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
Hey Sony low end phones sells well..
34. quyenqchau0813 (Posts: 77; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
Are you Asian? If don't or even if you're are don't say it like you know them all. Please, in my country, nothing is better than a Nokia and they even called Samsung and LG and all other Asian brand crappy.
Do some research before assuming. Being Asian doesn't equal to having low end Android phones.
41. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 350; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
Don't get mad. If people choose to post such offensive(stupid) comment, let it be. OR just troll along and say that all Asian like low-end phones and Asians in Asia are all cheap and high-end phones will not sell.
52. TechCrazyedBoy (Posts: 127; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
Half of asians owns sammy phone,another half owns Nokia and a fraction of asians owns what?, HTC,Sony,Alcatel,Huawei,Oppo,Xiomi,Sharp and other maybe crappy asian brands...
57. giani (Posts: 183; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Sammy phone..really ?! Get away from here u pathetic human being..
3. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4651; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Okay, at least Nokia is trying to make their first Android device. Please make a high-end Android phone, Nokia. It's time to change.
I will be happy if Nokia use the refreshed Symbian-like Android skin on their Android phones.
4. potatosalad (Posts: 30; Member since: 07 May 2012)
i think the photo above is Nokia Asha. see the back button, it's same in asha series.
5. xperia1409 (Posts: 11; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yeah Symbian Skin on Android......!!!!!.....will really work......
please make the switch from Windows to Android!
40. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 720; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
rodneye you're blind to wp like it's the only Existent OS lol you spam every article with your lumia bull**** when we both know that the only thing laying nokia down is the OS aka WP so please just stop you spam wp central too like omg !
42. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2535; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
You don't want me to talk about WP on every article❔❔.. Ok just for you I'll stop... Are you happy now❔.. Maybe you should call your mother..
Sorry, can't help you... I'm gonna talk about WP where I see fit... And, before you say anything else... Don't waist your breath.
66. shy2papa (Posts: 192; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
its true people who use Windows Phone have a very low IQ practically stupid like rodneyej1 very stupid.
6. taikucing (unregistered)
hundred millions people are still waiting for Nokia's Android phone. Too bad if Nokia won't make it. Nokia could potentially be #2 in android market share if it adopts android (or even #1 replacing Samsung).
8. TwentyWendy (banned) (Posts: 65; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Name one western oem that success on android
Even Moto itself can't make it top 10 oem
Sorry Samsung will remain no.1 no doubt, followed by the rest of Asian oem
10. taikucing (unregistered)
How many phones does Motorola make this year?
How many Samsung ads do you see everyday & everywhere?
How many countries does Motorola export its phones to?
Why does HTC not success?
Please compare the Moto G with its killer spec with the stupid samsung galaxy grand. Look at that overpriced Samsung galaxy fame. You'll see, other than flagship, Samsung phones are crap.
15. nokia12 (Posts: 178; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
again that lame comment tired of correcting it..
htc is a failure because of pricing and marketing..
Htc desire 700 - snapdragon 200 , 1 gb ram , 540 x960 resolution price - 500$
Only htc one was decently priced rest all were over priced like the Apple..
thats a lame comment that no western oem can succeed,, that's like racist comment.. sony ,nokia,lg all are tier 1 global OEM
sony , lg have become profitable long ago now.. Moto has not been in business from past 2 years now outside of USA .. it's comming back with moto g ..
nokia with its lumia 520/620 already beat samsung in the low end .. if it had Android .. samsung would be no where ... samsung is no 1 because nokia is not on android.. even sony Xperia M now has become the best selling device in low end after nokia lumia 520 check wikipedia.. Don't spit words without evidence
18. taikucing (unregistered)
hello, you reply the wrong person. You're supposed to reply #8.
Thank you for your info
23. nokia12 (Posts: 178; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
ohh.. sorry pressed the wrong reply button..
12. taikucing (unregistered)
Does the race have anything to do with success?
I'm Asian and I don't give a flying f**k to Asian products.
How many Chinese brands want to update their phones?
I find my Lenovo is still on ICS 4.0.4.
I've been looking for custom ROM, but I still can't find the Jelly Bean. Only ICS 4.0.4.
But my 2 years old Motorola Xoom gets Jelly Bean OS officialy. I love my Motorola Xoom, better than Galaxy Tab when released at that time. Too bad Motorola doesn't make tablets this year.
36. Dowson (Posts: 58; Member since: 22 Nov 2013)
Dude, just look at the dual simcrap that is sold only in Asia... Why? Because you love high end phones?
31. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2535; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
You crazy, crazy.. It won't happen.. Lol❕
53. SleepingOz (Posts: 2373; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Hey, get a life buddy! You remind me of Taco(nokia fanboy version) but more childish and worse!
60. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 93; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
That could be possibly true that if Nokia adopt Android OS with some Symbian UI they could be the number 1, and that's the truth.
11. kimLWR (Posts: 6; Member since: 10 Dec 2013)
Nokia Android is a DOOM for leading android manufacturers especially sammy ;-).
14. TwentyWendy (banned) (Posts: 65; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Unfortunately it never happened, deal with it
19. taikucing (unregistered)
What if it happens, Lumia 1520 with android OS? Or Lumia 929 with android OS? Or Lumia 1020 with android OS? Samsuck may rest in peace.
***I want to laugh at the toy phone Galaxy Fame vs the mighty Moto G***
25. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2535; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yeah, and it will never happen... WP is all that matters now..
13. mr9154 (Posts: 5; Member since: 18 May 2012)
very unfortunate for us the consumers, I think a flagship Nokia Android phone would take over!!!
20. Troysyx (Posts: 99; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
If its forked like that amazon crap, then no thank you.
27. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2535; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Exactly❕❕... Get a Lumia, or keep dreaming..
54. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 753; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Agreed. An offshoot low end android has very limited appeal and none of the benefits offered by the android ecosystem.
It would make more sense having stock android in a mid to high range device. Less overhead and the benefits of an already established app store with the great build quality of nokia.
26. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 448; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Neh, I prefer Asha Touch to Android. Easier to use and little hardware requirements, hence keeping costs down. Though yes, I agree that they need updated hardware. Perhaps 3.8 inch SVGA screen with Snapdragon 200 and 256mb of RAM?
28. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2535; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yeah.. Android is a mess for stuff like this..
32. Taters (Posts: 2092; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Nokia and HTC fans seriously overestimate the appeal of their chosen devices. No one gives a crap if HTC dies and a Nokia Android handset is hardly a guaranteed success.
If Nokia going Android really guaranteed Nokia Samsung's position right now or even number 2 in the Android world, the shareholders would literally FORCE Nokia to go Android and if the CEO didn't agree, the board would fire him and hire someone that would.
HTC improving their marketing and Nokia going Android isn't even remotely close to a sure thing.
47. nokia12 (Posts: 178; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
shareholders care about money they do not know anything about nokia's business
and majority of them are big investment companies rather than individuals ..
1 % had shareholders refused the deal those were the people who knew about nokia's business .. board is equally responsible in supporting elop..
some board members held microsoft stocks
35. Dowson (Posts: 58; Member since: 22 Nov 2013)
Nokia and Microsoft shouldn't be silly. Nokia with the money of Microsoft could be easily within two years be the number one in android. Once they reach that, they have just the easier step. Convert the userbase into windows. Just start with a dual boot
37. AfterShock (Posts: 889; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I'd buy a Nokia, if it had android on it.
Unforked too I might add.
39. wilsong17 (Posts: 212; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
make Nokia Lumia 1520 to compete with the note 3
if they make a android version that will be cool
45. Whateverman (Posts: 3150; Member since: 17 May 2009)
You're really scared of this happening, huh? You're going from past to post trying to shoot this thing down. What's so bad about Nokia making phones for both?
Personally, I think it would be a smart move. Nokia already had the Windows market cornered. But making a 1020 or 1520 version with Android would be a killer device, I hope it happens but will never believe it until I see a working device.
55. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 753; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Don't bother whateverman. Rodneyej has proven in many articles that he's just a troll who speaks nonsense.
44. Aplusk (Posts: 49; Member since: 10 Nov 2013)
its getting late, nokia should release this phones as soon as possible coz ms soon goona cover over nokia.
just release the phone and see it will sell like hot cakes. this low end phone willl support banking apps and some games. let nokia see profit in this phone.
then they should bring high end android phones.
46. Sire3008 (Posts: 70; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Nokia should have thought of this long ago before giving their butt to MS. Try all possibilities before giving up. Rodneyeji7 give it a rest..... U are acting like u were paid by MS
49. TechCrazyedBoy (Posts: 127; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
If Lumias or even Ashas are using andriod,their sales will skyrocked becuase Nokia's durable and beautiful design,camera technology+andriod..EPIC!!!
if not,well....well nothing..
51. Vish_i_was (Posts: 12; Member since: 10 Dec 2013)
please someone get this red carpet garbage out of here
56. jugga (Posts: 4; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
A android lumia would sell no doubt, maybe even out sell a WP equivalent, but i does not make it better, my friend has a gs4 and im using a 920, WP suits me way better that android ( i like the pull down notification and control bar though ) it is smother than the gs4, i have never had it freeze or lag, and i have seen the gs4 do this, my friend loves his android os but said he would have a android lumia in a heartbeat...if they made the 929 a phone where you could choose the platform it would out sell them all