Motorola ATRIX 4G gets fed Gingerbread
divide your apps into groups to make them easier to find.
The update brings location based social networking to the ATRIX 4G, allowing you to find reviews from Yelp and Facebook in one place so you can see what people around you are recommending. FireFox 4.0 comes with an enhancement to the Webtop dock to make browsing using the accessory faster and easier. After the update, video can be viewed at 1080p. Groups can be made to divide your email into and a conference call can be set up with just one touch. Once you have downloaded the update, you will be allowed to sideload apps and there is an enhancement that allows you to dismiss one notification at a time.
There are a few more changes that you will notice from this OTA update. Click on the sourcelink for more information. In the meantime, there is a comment box below hungry for your words telling us your feelings about updating your Motorola ATRIX 4G to Gingerbread, and the enhancements that came with the update.
source: Motorola via AndroidCentral
3. Eric (unregistered) posted on 22 Jul 2011, 22:24 0
Just updated nice...
4. CitizenX (unregistered) posted on 22 Jul 2011, 22:24 7
Phonearena, can you guys not use flash-based objects in your website. My iPad and iPhone can't view many of your phone pictures!
6. Thump3rDX17 posted on 22 Jul 2011, 22:26 14
we Android users have no idea what you're talking about. xD
50. biophone posted on 24 Jul 2011, 00:20 1
I can view its just fine on my iphone. The iphone has flash just download skyfire. Anyway even in safari i can view it.
5. Thump3rDX17 posted on 22 Jul 2011, 22:25 1
now AT&T finally has a REAL high end Motorola Android phone. enjoy you guys! do some benchmarks for us! ;]
7. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 22 Jul 2011, 22:33 1
With 1gb of RAM I wonder how fast the device is now. I have heard it was pretty laggy.
8. networkdood posted on 22 Jul 2011, 22:42 0
Yeah, Gingerbread is nice...just ask my yr old SAMSUNG CAPTIVATE....
55. The Devil (unregistered) posted on 24 Jul 2011, 13:33 0
Yeah Gingerbread is great. My Nexus one loves it and Cyanogenmod.
9. InspectorGadget80 posted on 22 Jul 2011, 22:50 2
Did it @ 10pm. Finally Motorola ATT you guys did something right for a change. Atrix worlds first dual core pbone now with sweet gingerbread. All it needs next is some Ice Cream. N its fast.
61. InspectorGadget80 posted on 24 Jul 2011, 22:41 0
If you remember at CES Motorola have their conference first befor LG. LG just paid guiness book of records of being the worlds first dual core phone they announce their phone a week later.
64. Thump3rDX17 posted on 25 Jul 2011, 00:53 0
um..LG was at CES with the Optimus 2X and it was rumored long before that. :P
65. Thump3rDX17 posted on 25 Jul 2011, 03:05 0
what matters is LG LAUNCHED the first dual-core phone.
11. Sniggly posted on 22 Jul 2011, 23:10 3
Well, that about settles it. Once T-Mobile is returned and next Friday rolls around, I'll be snapping up a 4G (shut up) dual core, GB of Ram, 16 G internal memory Gingerbread Android phone for 75 bucks.
18. cheetah2k posted on 22 Jul 2011, 23:57 1
My SGSII is way better I'm affraid..
Did they finally give the Atrix 1080p video recording??
And what about the rest of the world... Only AT&T has Gingerbread... f**k you Motorola.
37. IEatApples posted on 23 Jul 2011, 11:39 0
get it for $25 on amazon.
28. lfyllarra1 (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2011, 03:45 0
I have an unlocked Atrix from AT&t, I live in Venezuela and my service provider is Movistar, and I am downloading this update while I'm writing, so I can tell you it's not only for AT&T customers in the US
51. biophone posted on 24 Jul 2011, 00:23 1
You have touchwiz sniggly has htc sense. Touchwiz is so bad ot makes me want to throw the phone against a wall.
52. Thump3rDX17 posted on 24 Jul 2011, 02:18 1
TW4 is actually pretty great, you should see it in action. Sense on the other hand bogs down the phone too much and it's getting uncomfortably close to changing the entire interface.
12. chevy (unregistered) posted on 22 Jul 2011, 23:17 0
Hi phonearena, can you post brief review of the Atrix after the update along with the Benchmark score with screen shots.
13. Sniggly posted on 22 Jul 2011, 23:29 2
They didn't do it for the X, so unfortunately they probably won't do it for the Atrix either. Which is sad, because if it's anything like the X's update, it kicks total ass.
15. Thump3rDX17 posted on 22 Jul 2011, 23:34 1
it's a little better since it has the power to support better visuals. it'll be more like what's on the Droid 3.
16. IEatApples posted on 22 Jul 2011, 23:50 3
Atrix is king of all android phones. What a killer update. I love my phone.
19. cheetah2k posted on 22 Jul 2011, 23:58 0
LOL. Put it side by side against an SGSII and the Atrix looks like a banana...
39. Niners13 (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2011, 12:18 2
You probably don't even either phone. A banana...good one..SGS2 is nothing special....just overrated.
20. KANAN (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2011, 00:01 1
Updated! My phone works a lot better now. Better keyboard, animations, stock apps, better everything. Amazon App Store finally! Looks like I won't be preordering an LG Thrill 4g
23. networkdood posted on 23 Jul 2011, 00:49 1
Wow, you mean my one yr old had Amazon app store with FLASH, and Gingerbread...before the might ATRIX? You guys get Netflix yet?
24. tom (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2011, 01:49 2
This update is amazing, it shows why android is such an amazing os an why it is so popular. Great job motorola.
25. Keith1977 (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2011, 02:07 3
So glad the update finally has arrived... this has made an already incredible device even better!
26. Keith1977 (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2011, 02:09 0
Update has made an already incredible device even better!
27. Officer RickyRozay (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2011, 02:27 1
Huh! Just copped this from amazon for $25 last night. Bossss
68. jeff (unregistered) posted on 11 Aug 2011, 21:51 0
Yes it can record in 1080 dp, go to the marketplace and download free LG Camcorder ,,, you can then go to settings and adjust it to 1080 dp
69. theplace2be posted on 11 Aug 2011, 21:56 0
yes it can record 1080, just go to the marketplace and install " FREE LG CAMCORDER" then go into settings and adjust to 1980x1080 ,,, works great and its free!!!
30. JordanCox posted on 23 Jul 2011, 05:14 1
Ok so now that i have my Atrix with gingerbread it's amazing. Better than any other phone i have ever had and that's a lot of phones, including the iphone 3g, iphone 3gs, and iphone 4. I'm pretty sure this phone still has a lot of life left in it. Idk if this is the best phone but it certainly is an amazing phone :)
31. Man2006 (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2011, 06:42 0
I need help, I recently bought an Unlocked Atrix from Amazon.com but I'm worried that if I update to Gingerbread it becomes locked again. Is this possible or I shouldn't worry about it?
53. protozeloz posted on 24 Jul 2011, 07:59 1
does yours shows the ATT logo? is it ATT branded? if so then worry not. updates wont lock your phone to your carrier again
32. BeastEator (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2011, 09:26 2
I got the update last night and i have been playing with it, and it's SO FAST! no more Mr. Laggy. Its better than anything else there is out there, hadns down. and the battery is better now too, and it was already good before
35. JUGGERNAUT JONES (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2011, 10:52 2
This is absolutely awesome!!!
36. Jj82 (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2011, 10:56 0
Has anyone noticed slower download speeds after the upgrade?
38. brianp88 (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2011, 12:09 1
anyones phone turn off different now? when i lock my screen, it turns off like an old tube tv by the image shrinking to the center and there is a grey line there before the screen turns off. it never used to do that before upgrading.
41. Sniggly posted on 23 Jul 2011, 12:52 0
That's the effect on the Droid 3, so yes. It's completely on purpose.
43. brianpop88 (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2011, 13:25 0
ok. thanks man. i was just making sure cause it didn't do that prior to the update and i was wondering if something went wrong.
44. Sniggly posted on 23 Jul 2011, 13:42 0
I understand. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't seen it on the Droid 3 while playing with it. It's just Motorola's way of saying "aww, yeah, we're pimpin now!"
47. Thump3rDX17 posted on 23 Jul 2011, 17:12 1
yeah, i liked it when i saw it on the Nexus S and i thought it was going to be a Gingerbread thing but i didn't see it anywhere else but on the Nexus so then i thought it was just a Nexus thing and then along comes the Droid 3 reaffirming that it's actually a Gingerbread thing. i hope i see it on more devices from now on. it's a nice aesthetic touch. (:
58. Dougness posted on 24 Jul 2011, 13:42 0
Yeah, mine too. Just another image effect I guess.
66. OhYeahMaaaaan (unregistered) posted on 25 Jul 2011, 09:32 0
I played with that for hours! Coolest thing ever! Lock,unlock,lock,unlock! Apple can't touch the old school tv power down
40. Carlos (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2011, 12:34 0
Can anyone help me please?? Everytime i go to check for updates it says "check for updates is not available at this time", but when i put it on wifi it takes for ever!!! for it to pick up any updates when i check, for system updates. Can anyon help me please, so i can install this faster.
57. Dougness posted on 24 Jul 2011, 13:40 0
@Carlos, try wifi only, or go to:http://direct.motorola.com/hel
lomoto/support/update/for the Motorola update helper - it will walk you right through it (if you have access to a PC).
42. android_21 (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2011, 12:53 0
you can also delete all of at&ts preloaded apps!!
45. gregor (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2011, 14:03 0
Can somebody tell me if the Atrix with the Android 2.3. update will not have any more problems with any VOIP software and you can make easy VOIP phone calls.
Because in the old situation neither VOIP nor Skype software works on Motorola Atrix!