Microsoft McLaren leaks out in detail: compared against Apple's iPhone 6
20. vincelongman (Posts: 4102; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
50 image, yet no 6+ vs 1030 photo samples
33. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1371; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Who cares for a 3 years old phone that never made any significant sales and is considered outdated in every single aspect beside the final image quality? Just cause a Ferrari from, 1998 has a 0-100km in 3.4sec it doesn't mean you will compare that Ferrari with a brand new BMW M3. You NOKIA sheeps are worse than any of the android ones. Move on.
38. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2047; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I like how you add unnecessary analogies to make yourself sound smart.
42. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Oooooh, here's a burn heal for you Martin_Cooper
53. SIGPRO (Posts: 1371; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
You are pretty sad with your stupid reply, get a life!
71. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
What were you on while writing your comment? This MS phone blows the pants off the iPhone (which is a good phone by all means) but the McLaren is pretty damn cool! and that Ferrari analogy suits the iPhone more as some (not me) would argue that the phone hasn't changed since 2007...so...Giggidy :)
2. Sealblaighter (Posts: 203; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I am not an Iphone fan, but the Iphone looks so much better!
11. tech2 (Posts: 3349; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Agreed. The display seems to have a weird bluish tint to it (see pic 16 & 18). Also on the back that glossy camera lens is gonna attract a lot of scratches while placing it on the surface.
27. Phonecall01 (unregistered)
I Agree that protruding camera will be so annoying... Oh ... Wait a minute!!!...
34. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1371; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Every galaxy S flagship had a protruding camera but no one ever cared until the usually flat iphone had one. Who cared if the users of the iphone don't? Its like making a fun of a Ferrari just cause it has a bigger than normal spoiler.
41. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2047; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Because they didn't wobble as much.
50. tech2 (Posts: 3349; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
In addition to what XperiaFanZone said,
Another reason is most of us use covers for our $800 anorexic phones. So by putting covers the phone won't wobble while putting it down.
However, in Lumia's case a cover won't help either as the protrusion is much higher and very wide as well. No cover can cover that protrusion unless its very-very thick !
70. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8344; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Not if the glass is gorilla glass. Also doesn't the iPhone have a perturbing camera? Actually, since the camera is in the middle it won't be lopsided when you place it on the table. Unlike the ugly iPhone.
75. Sealblaighter (Posts: 203; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
For example Sony can make 20 MP camera phones without making a thick device, with a protruding camera.
4. snowgator (Posts: 3556; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Is it true today? Let's do this in a much more proven way than just pushing a rumor.
Rock, Paper, Scissors... SHOOT!!
Paper covers rock. McLaren is real today. Check with me in a couple more days, as rock could break something and this will be proven false.
5. TheHossein (Posts: 93; Member since: 27 Sep 2014)
Both look good . Oh i've got a question . Should we use the word "leak" for 50 images?!?!
35. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1371; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Doesnt matter if its 1 or 50. If its not officially(which obviously is not as MS just confirmed they arent working on this phone, lol funny) allowed by Microsoft then its a leak.
6. walnuttt (Posts: 153; Member since: 11 Apr 2014)
Ugly phone camera hump on the back, much better if they did the same way like the camera hump on the 808 Pureview.
72. elitewolverine (Posts: 5076; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
This is no better than the 'camera' hump, not to mention the 1020 is 3cm thinner and would imagine this phone to be about the same dimensions.
62. DarkRadeonFX (Posts: 37; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
Says the guy with a Tim Cook Logo....LOL Foxconn
8. Loubielou (Posts: 500; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
This Camera Hump really Spoils the Look of this Phone,an its going to get Alot of Scratches or Damage to it unless a Case is put on to Protect the Hump,plus the Microsoft name instead of Nokia will not go down Well with alot of people
36. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1371; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Thing is its a camera phone, like a samsung galaxy K, so first comes the camera part then the phone aesthetics. And to be honest this thing looks much better than any other camera phone nokia or samsung did.
60. Ty_inCA (Posts: 18; Member since: 13 Oct 2013)
I like the hump... on the 1020. But on that phone it's metal and obviously there to protect and accent the awesome camera. Not so sure the glass hump on this phone is doing much protecting.
9. superkuiken (Posts: 157; Member since: 24 Mar 2013)
R.I.P. Xenon flash, blinding people since 2012
17. surethom (Posts: 605; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Really bad mistake by Microsoft, Nokia did it right Xenon flash are still way better than led flash.
37. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1371; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Have you ever seen the dual LED by Apple in action? That thing is much better than any normal single LED. And if that means the phone can be smaller and lighter and not a bad compromise since the dual led can be near the quality of a small xenon flash
57. rsiders (Posts: 852; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Can the dual LED on the iPhone stop/freeze motion like a fan while on, a person jumping, or a child moving? If it can then point made. If it can't then it's not worth comparing.
73. elitewolverine (Posts: 5076; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Current dual led in any phone on the market is not nearly as good as xenon.
As stated by rsiders, the xenon flash is just to good. However, i am interested in this 4th gen pulse. If it can do what xenon does, good job MS, if not, then no xenon is the better choice bar none.
25. sipha (Posts: 434; Member since: 12 May 2012)
My Nokia N8 had it in 2008.. that was kinda funny though!! :)
44. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2047; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
The Sony Ericsson k800i from 2006 had one.
58. luvaluva (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Dec 2014)
Actually, if you notice. There are holes all around the phone for yet to be installed components. The thin line above the lens will indeed house the xenon flash because it seems the same size as my 1020 flash. Here's to hoping. Bottom line is that it is a prototype seen in the images. When the iPhone 6/plus images were leaked there was a hole in the flash module which wasn't installed.
10. gagakiller (banned) (Posts: 176; Member since: 08 Oct 2014)
That camera is like a tumor on someone's back ! so Gross !!!
32. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
it's a cameraphone the title says it all
39. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1371; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Ye and people still complain about the big hump. Its a freaking camera phone, not a conventional smartphone.
12. Derekjeter (Posts: 810; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I would buy it if it had something other than WP. I love Nokia phones, but the WP OS is just so damn bad.
46. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
In your opinion WP is bad, thats fair, in others opinion it is the best, it was the inspiration for the visual makeover of recent Android and iOS OS updates.
On another note this device would have been interesting, at least the next Evolution of Live Tiles lived on with the awesome Mixview aka exploding Tiles.
59. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3775; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Can we play a game where every time you mention about how MS influenced Android and iOS, you give me a dollar? See I've got this Bugatti I'm looking at and at the rate you're going I can pick it up just after New Years.
66. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Sure I'm up for that, I'm looking to book a seat on Virgin Galactic space flight, at the rate at which Android fanboys bash WP, i can book that seat before new years even at 10 cents a bash.
There are two sides to every coin.
74. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3775; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
The difference is it's the same thing every single time with you. Almost anytime Android is mentioned, you're there to remind everyone how MS influenced their and iOS's design. Broken record.
13. Donbenie (Posts: 207; Member since: 04 Aug 2013)
That's one M@ther F#cking big hump there..
14. arjunezdaz (Posts: 30; Member since: 30 Nov 2014)
I will get it if it has 50 MP Camera
Ultra wide angle lens
dual boot to android or win
1 TB memory
RAW capture capabilties
40. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1371; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Not sure if troll or just an idiot. I will go with the first one just to be safe.
61. Ty_inCA (Posts: 18; Member since: 13 Oct 2013)
I mean, to be fair, I think everyone on this site would get it if that was the phone. 4 minute battery life would kinda suck though.
15. surethom (Posts: 605; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
No Xenon flash, no thanks, led lights are still NO where near good enough yet to replace Xenon flash. Would you swop your Xenon flash for a leg on your compact or slr camera, NO.
28. Phonecall01 (unregistered)
lol... If a "flash" is a deal breaker for anyone considering a phone with an advance camera... You may need a pro camera. I like taking good pics with mine and frankly I hate using flash. The advantage of a good low light camera is that flash is usually unnecessary.
43. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1371; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Thing is this is not a compact camera neither DSLR. Its a freaking phone camera and there is a huge difference dumbass. You can use dual led and still be more than good. You are not making a real camera or dslr where you cant compromise on things like xenon light.
16. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1524; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
the photos are Microsoft's way of saying we are still in the business. the design needs a case with rounded off corners so the smart phone does not dig into your hands when you are holding it.
this is clearly a Prototype device. I think Microsoft realizes it has to put out a couple of HIGH END smart phones with it's Microsoft logo on the back. this is the last year of "Nokia Lumia" smart phones.
if you are device collector buy the last "Nokia Lumia" that was released for sale this year. you wont see anymore of them!
21. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1524; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
heads up folks a well known Microsoft info Insider stated that Microsoft will probably not make any more mobile "ARMS CPU" tablets. that means the Current Windows RT OS tablets the Microsoft "Surface 2" and the "Nokia Lumia 2520" are collectables. they will continue to get updates but will no longer be manufactured. folks the "Surface Pro line" is safe it does not use any "ARMS CPU's ". I still think they they should make the held back "Surface Mini" ARMS CPU tablet to sell some ARMS CPU Device. Not everybody wants full Windows on a small tablet because you cannot easily see desktop programs on a small tablet screen. Look for the current Surface 2 to be replaced by a Surface 3 using an Intel Atom CPU running full Windows 8.1 and later be upgraded to run full Windows 10. A lot of folks think all Surface Tablets PC's should have run full Windows anyway.
looks like in 2015 they will get their wish
47. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Everything is a rumor until its confirmed.
22. Spedez (Posts: 437; Member since: 29 Aug 2014)
More like crapLaren. Give it up already MS and let the Nokia rest in pieces.
29. Phonecall01 (unregistered)
Lol... Hating much