LG may be about to build 4" iPhone 5 and 7.35" iPad screens
1. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
4" screen in 2012 ? are you kidding me apple ?
means android will reach the moon by then lol
19. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Please stop trolling Apple articles.
25. Scuba_Steve (Posts: 79; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
Agreed, this guy even gets on my nerves.
24. SuperEd (Posts: 112; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
By this comparison, sounds to me as if iOS AND the fabled 4" droid are back in the dark ages. Try on a 4.7" Windows Phone TITAN. Sorry zeus...your not a god after all.
2. bruintech42 (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
But apple already has the iPad mini... It's called the iPod Touch
4. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
The iPod Touch is a handheld device -- it's a different product from the iPad.
Btw, I played Infinity Blade on my iPad 2 with the A5 chip and I knew playing that same app on my iPod Touch wouldn't be the same. The iPad exists because it address a different market than the iPod Touch. Both video and web surfing is way better on the iPad.
That said, I think Apple realizes there is a market between the iPod Touch and iPad that only Apple can address. If the 7.35" screen is squarish and not a rectangle like most tablet, it would make for a great web surfing device.
3. tomast (Posts: 50; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
i don\'t get it whats stopping apple from making a 720p display?? I mean the htc rezound has a higher ppi count than the iphone with a bigger screen??
5. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
because most of the android phone makers innovate better things and apple dont. they only buy some good stuff from others. i am not saying that apple products are bad but some other people out there just making better products. things are not really the same like they use to be. iphone no longer is the best phone and probably it will never be. smartphone landscape has changed and google owns the market now.
7. tomast (Posts: 50; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
I\'m just saying if the technology is out there than whats stopping them?
8. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5596; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
they'll probably use the same 720p HD IPS display that LG is using in the LG Nitro HD.
9. tomast (Posts: 50; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
That\'s the thing i don\'t get if LG designed the retina display than why don\'t they use it on there phone?
11. Commentator (Posts: 2412; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
"Retina Display" is an Apple-owned patent so they couldn't market it as such. Of course, there's nothing stopping them from putting an identical display into one of their devices, but as several people have already stated, the iPhone's tiny screen is one of its drawbacks.
18. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
lg did not design the retina display… they simply manufacture it… the retina display was completely apple created
21. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Thank you Lucas for stating this fact. Tired of all the misinformation posted by android fans.
20. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Best phone is subjective. If you really thought android is better you wouldn't act so insecure on Apple articles.
12. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2671; Member since: 26 May 2011)
If Apple does make the screen bigger, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it were 720p.
6. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5596; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm glad Apple might finally be breaking out of their old habits. a 4.0" iPhone would be the perfect size, i hope it's achieved by bringing that bezel size down too and as for the smaller iPad after sizing up many Tablets i believe the sweet spot for a smaller Tablet size would be between 7.8" and 8.35".
13. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2671; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Hah! I love how specific your perfect tablet range is. So, for you Samsung got it all wrong with the 7.7 and the 8.9? Just slightly outside the optimal range.
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5596; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i think they got it wrong with the 8.9. the overall size difference isn't big enough between the 8.9 and the 10.1 to justify going with the 8.9 as the targeted demographic for it are the ones that want a more portable tablet and as for the 7.7 i haven't used one yet so i wouldn't know for sure but the projections i've made come from the use of the original Galaxy Tab and more of the tinier Tablets and also in accommodating Honeycomb/Ice Cream Sandwich well enough in a portrait orientation to where things like the function keys don't look like they're all about to run all over each other. these observations were merely made by visual evaluation from pictures on the web though.
16. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I was looking at the Nook Simple Reader and I really like the size and form factor. It\'s a nice squarish display and is light weight.
The problem with most tablets in the market is that they tend to be rectangular which makes for great videos but is lousy for surfing the web in portrait mode. If they make the display more squarish, it would appeal to more people due to the larger display.
17. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5596; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
that's the way Pantech went with the Pocket which is a really interesting device to me. i'm curious to see how it's taken.
14. PhoneLuver (Posts: 466; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
I've said this before, but 4" to me is the ideal size for a phone. Big enough to browse the web without excessive scrolling and zooming, but small enough to still fit into your pocket and comfortable to hold in one hand. I played with the Samsung Note and it just has a ridiculous screen size and doesn't make any sense as a phone! (A mini tablet, maybe)
23. SpanishDeveloper (Posts: 43; Member since: 25 Aug 2011)
Wow, it seems that finally Apple users will have their desired 4-inch screen.