HTC Desire C is now official
1. onggeo (Posts: 30; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Not bad for a low-end phone. Hopefully it releases here in the Philippines with a price tag same if not lower than the Wildfire S.
2. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Pretty good for a budget smartphone, if HTC prices it on line with the Samsung Galaxy Y than they've got themselves a winner especially with that good looking design they got there.
3. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 416; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Could be better if it had an 800 Mhz Processor, much more if dual core.
But other than that, pretty awesome.
Probably on par with LGs L3.
4. anshul0000 (unregistered)
according to this htc explorer should also get an ics update......it is having MSM7225A chipset while explorer is having MSM7227A chipset......explorer has a better chipset, though it has been clocked to 600mhz....
5. -RVM- (Posts: 331; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Unimpressive. For the same price u can have Nokia 701 with nice design, much better ClearBlack IPS display (640x360, 210ppi) covered with Gorilla glass, 1.3 GHz CPU, powerful GPU Broadcom BCM2763, 8GB internal storage, NFC, USB on-the-go, dual-LED flash, Dolby Digital Plus support, hardware shutter key and great offline navigation for free. All this running buttery smooth on improved Symbian Belle FP1 with great battery life.
6. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
You're right but you forgot that the Desire C's biggest asset is the Play Store (Android Market) which is a huge selling point for the Desire C.
7. skymitch89 (Posts: 1204; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Can you say "ticked"? Why is this device coming out with ICS when there are devices out there with better specs that wont be getting ICS? HTC better rethink what devices it's going to update to ICS before they loose a customer.
8. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
The goal for this phone is probably the same as the One V. To attract budget customer and introduce Android and HTC sense to them. I got a feeling that this phone isn't going to be released any place other than Asia/Pacific. But 600mhz... really...? Give it at least 800mhz to 1ghz, I gpt a feeling this phone won't be able to receive any further Android version updates later on due low low specs.
10. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
It's that crazy eaxvac aka HugeTroller aka android sucks troll who made multiple accounts and thumbed them down lol. He comes back no matter how many times he gets blocked.
11. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Whoever he is, it's severely sad.
On-topic: How did they get ICS and Sense 4.0 to run on an underclocked CPU?
13. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
If ICS and sense 4.0 could run on specs like that, then there should be no excuses for manufacturers to not give old devices updates.
12. kastor (Posts: 43; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
wtf price sam as a xperia neo v and neo v have much faster processor,it is too much for soo low preformance
18. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
yeah right and neo v will also get ics upgrade ..
14. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
HTC said once it was impossible to incorporate sense 4.0 to original desire...
what excuse does koreans have now?
what stupid douchebag thumbed them down???
17. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
koreans? HTC is Taiwanese (chinese) and it couldnt work on the desire because te desire only has half a GB of on board memory, this has 4GB
20. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
ICS could run on the desire, just not the sense, I believe ICS updates are supposed to come along with sense 3.6.
15. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Y so many red votes,ist three comments are not bad though:@
16. mercorp (Posts: 994; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
WTF 600mhz arm 5?
I expected a cortex A15!
The galaxy mini 2 is way better than this phone.
19. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
yeah galaxy mini 2 is better but its lazy ol samsung not updating phones.. like galaxy s
21. chrischau1308 (Posts: 53; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Hey, see !!!! no front camera again, what a freak !
22. skymitch89 (Posts: 1204; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
And this is coming to the US for at least Cricket Wireless. I know because I went with my step-dad to pay his phone bill and the lady had on in front of her. I asked her about it and all she said was that she was testing it out and wouldn't answer any of my questions about it. The one I saw looked this device, but to me it looked to have a 3.2in display.