Give any smartphone optical zoom capabilities using Snapzoom
6. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3425; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Hell yeah, I want one also. This is one of the coolest inventions for a smart phone in quite a long time.
2. MC1123 (Posts: 1219; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i want this to make my 808 PureView more amazing!
4. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
but would it work on the 808, with the camera bump it might not be able to dock with it. the phones mentions i.e. android and windows phones and the iphone all are flat on the back..
ive been looking for something like this for my 808 but seems people dont see the market....
8. -RVM- (Posts: 329; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Depends if it can handle smartphone 18 mm thick. And even then - u will have to attach something to slimmer part of the phone - to make it equally thick as on camera bump. Otherwise lens will not be aligned correctly and this might degrade image quality.
3. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 720; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
i like the idea but the price limits the audience, i reckon
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5145; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I think Snapzoom is a great idea. Props to the developers. There are similar concepts available (external lenses for iPhone come to mind), but this seems to be the first to target binoculars, spotting scopes and the like. I might drop $70 on one.
7. jsdechavez (Posts: 652; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Seriously? I'd get a DSLR or a micro 4/3.