Galaxy S6 design concept reimagines the flagship in a thin and premium unibody (video)
1. junaidahmed (Posts: 103; Member since: 04 Sep 2014)
The giant speaker looks odd, the speaker should be at the bottom
10. vincelongman (Posts: 4150; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
IMO they should be in the front, if they can do it with quite small bezels like the Nexus 6
And switch to software keys
And place fingerprint reader on the back, like Moto's dimple or LG's buttons
11. bachir8k (Posts: 148; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
I am sticking to Samsung because of the removable battery, every S I buy I get an additional battery and a charger, I only charge the backup battery and swipe it directly to my phone, I can't even remember when was the last time I plugged my phone to the charger. If they ditch this option I will consider other brands for my next phone. My hopes are a slightly bigger Galaxy Alpha with 5" 1080 S-Amoled (S4 size), latest Snapdragon, 2GB ram are enough 3 is a plus, same s5 camera OIS is a plus, waterproof is a plus.
16. Gulliver (Posts: 38; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
What's with the software keys anyway that you like so much?!? Wasted screen space with them ... I am not even going further with the other disadvantages.
17. vincelongman (Posts: 4150; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
So they can add some good front facing speakers
Samsung just need add an option for something like PIE controls, which saves the screen space and is still quick, easy and customizable as software keys
Both of both worlds IMO
Also they cant break unlike physical keys
I've seen far too many iPhones and Galaxys with broken home buttons
22. TBomb (Posts: 699; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Make the home button function as a button and speaker
35. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3271; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
plus 1 million tbomb cant believe i didnt think of that or large speakers around the home button and the touch id style home button. or a 20 mp uhd front camera for iris scanner. and security unlock and pay. second layer defense
26. JayFiveAlive (Posts: 67; Member since: 30 May 2014)
Been around mobile phones a ton at work (100ish people) and I've never seen an iPhone or Galaxy phone with a broken home button. I have seen many many many iPhone's with broken screens, but never the home button.
Much prefer hardware buttons over ugly on-screen ones. Major waste of space!
28. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2746; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Not broken, we have a lot of 4/4s at work where the home button doesn't respond well any longer. Which is actually quite normal considering most of them are 3 years or older and used a lot.
36. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3271; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
i have replaced about 55 screens on iphones and about 35 home buttons broken on the old glass models.
33. marcski07 (Posts: 598; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
atleast it has autohide, hardware keys is waste of bezel and screen size also. :)
20. Astoni (Posts: 649; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
And if they remove the homebutton.. many will switch to iphones.
I know alot of people who likes android but only sticks to samsung cause of the physical homebutton. Including me.. i've had enough of the stupid software keys.. its ugly and a waste of screen.
41. rnagic (Posts: 150; Member since: 13 Jul 2014)
How is it a waste of screen? The software keys disappear when you are watching a video or playing a game. Having to re-adjust your hand just to depress a physical button, is extremely annoying imo.
42. Astoni (Posts: 649; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
i had on-screen on the z1.. yea not in the way half of time at all... also the solution for "disappearing" was to make a black bar.
25. Vinayakn73 (Posts: 191; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I think the speaker should be on front and back and screen should be on sides. its edge. lol
37. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3271; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
i think its 2 speakers in that massive space
34. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3271; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
the speaker should be on the front only
or at each corner for a true surround sound effect
the antenna should be between the glass and the body frame all around the glass huge antenna gain and also acts as a shock for the glass not to break.
i would buy this if the speaker is on the front.
2. Rager722 (Posts: 319; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
Why does it look exactly like the lumia one earlier?
4. Sagitter1 (Posts: 11; Member since: 13 Oct 2014)
Another design without personality, apple clone like. I appreciate the designer's work , but don't like the result.
9. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 724; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
It looks nothing like the iPhone (relatively) ; in fact, it looks a lot better. Loudspeaker is misplaced though...
5. mokhtar (Posts: 405; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
Samsung galaxy ? Is this a phone ? Like always it will be expensive but retarded, waiting for z4 and m9 or the g4
6. djhangman1 (Posts: 4; Member since: 09 Sep 2014)
This would be a no go for me. No removable battery is why i dont by most phones. Would also have to agree with Sagitter1 & Hurrycanger. Thank you but Nooooooooooooooo
7. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
That would be a pretty nice successor to the GS5, although a larger change makes more sense (for this concept at least), especially because of the 'Project Zero' that was touted a few days ago.
12. PANIC (Posts: 126; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Yeah sure!!! Dream on guys....over the past few years we have seen a 100 of these designs....So this is just wishful thinking.
38. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3271; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
it is Christmas hahahaha dream dream dream
13. Loubielou (Posts: 504; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Samsung need to change the Design it still Looks like the Galaxy Alpha with additional Speaker at the Back,an just so Plain,Samsung needs a Phone that Really Stands out,We got the Rounded Edge Screen Rumour but this one does not Offer this,Why?can"t we have a Curved Screen from Samsung now they are offering this on there TVs
14. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Nice concept. Speaker should be at bottom or top.
15. NightSurfer (Posts: 101; Member since: 06 Sep 2014)
With that speaker grill, it cannot be submerged.
39. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3271; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
yes is can just because its a speaker grill does not mean is not nano coated or water tight around speakers under the grill
18. phil73 (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Nov 2014)
Every year Samsung says that they are going to break the mould...then we get the same basic UI and the same basic design. What makes people think anything will change this time? The Note 4? LMFAO!!! A metal edge with no fake stitching on their plastic back? What they offer is the same garbage every year... big promises with no delivery.
21. Phonedingo (Posts: 388; Member since: 16 Aug 2014)
Nah, I hate glass as a material on smartphones.
23. iLovesarcasm (Posts: 489; Member since: 20 Oct 2014)
Just make it a bigger Alpha and I'm sold.
24. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
lol the designer doesn't know what stereo sound is
27. idroidsht (Posts: 38; Member since: 11 Nov 2014)
Lets call a spade a spade. Apple is a itself a premier designer. Anything that a samsung and its likes(except a few) design will be based on the iPhone. Of course samesheeps will call a samsung derivation of the iPhone beautiful. It looks like the iPhone and it will be beautiful. As for the designer, cool derivation of the iPhone, but it not the first thing. Check youtube.com/conceptsiphone
40. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3271; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
kind of like the iphone 6 that looks like a andoid htc/samsung mix
29. HTCOE (Posts: 632; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
basically an iPhone M9 is the dream phone lol
31. kevin91202 (Posts: 525; Member since: 08 Jun 2014)
"Nothing out of the blue, save for the CPU, which won't be ready for prime time then, and the dual speaker parts." - Daniel P.
What language is this?
32. airstream25 (Posts: 28; Member since: 18 Jun 2011)
Regarding the possible S6 design, I don't want a metal frame at the expense of signal strength! Likewise, I don't want thin at the expense of battery life!