Galaxy Note II users, rejoice! You can now have all the Note 4's features (including UPSM)
1. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I'm pretty sure that it would lag like hell on the Note II's outdated hardware...
2. Chris.P (Posts: 520; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
Judging by the video walkthrough – not at all.
10. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3703; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Man, you just love making ignorant comments without facts to back them up, don't you? You're pitiful.
16. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3703; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Not just that, but calling the Note 2 hardware outdated is shortsighted as well. The Exynos 4 is more potent than the Snap 400 we keep seeing in all the mid-rangers nowadays. If the Snap 400 can handle these elements just fine on a 720 screen, so can the Exynos 4412.
17. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7913; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Yet you just looked at the video and saw none. Its amazing how you have trained your brain to assume lag. This isn't an iPhone. Yes an iPhone can't handle a a newer OS on a 2 year old phone, but many Android devices are even older and handle newer firmwares just fine if done correctly.
I didn't see any lag whatsoever. You're just ignorant. Just because you continuously repeat something, doesn't make it a fact.
27. juanca530 (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Nov 2014)
I installed the DN4 rom, and has almost no lag, but the only lag visible is on the lock screen, but overall its perfect!
3. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Kudos do the developers. No question this wil lag but still they did a good job.
4. aBoss (Posts: 91; Member since: 15 Sep 2014)
Wow amazing work. Now I am wishing I didnt get rid of my note 2. Tho the 720p screen I was thinking is outdated but nope Apple iPhone 6 is 720p lol sigh
7. techaholic (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Nov 2014)
But the iPhone 6 never lags like Note 2! :P
15. cncrim (Posts: 791; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Something tell me you don't have i6 or never use one get hand on one. Safari and message app, icloud sign in get hang/stuck like crazy, anyway get your hand on one before nonsense comment.
8. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Nice! Hopefully Samsung will at least give some of these features to the Note 2 via a software update? Can't wait to see what Samsung does with the updates for the Note 2 and 3 as well!
9. manuel1992 (Posts: 10; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
I have it and it is AWESOME!! It's only 1 gb and it's very smooth. I recommend it. Yes there are some FC but the e-team will fix them in a couple of weeks.
12. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 773; Member since: 11 May 2013)
After seeing the title at this site's home page, I actually wished and expected an official update from Samsung and not sort of rooting. oh well, I failed
13. chocolatebear76 (Posts: 122; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
This just goes to prove manufacturers just rip the consumer off with new processor names and a tiny bit of improvement just to keep selling phones,how can G-Note 2 old processor runs so smooth and fast?yet samsung has released Note 3 and now Note 4,by which if consumer hang on to their old phones sooner or later it'll start to lag just to force them to go out and spend on another phone,compare this new smart phone craze how much they cost and last to a window Pc.This got to stop!! from a Note 3 user
18. UglyFrank (Posts: 1553; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Smoothness is not the only thing we need out of a phone. The GPU/CPU are much weaker and could not handle things like 1080p60 or 2160p30. The screen/camera/design/everything has improved.
19. imMature (Posts: 87; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
It's not just smoothness that chipset manufacturers had to concern. The market demands 4K video recording, slomo videos, higher resolution screen, higher framerates in lots of other things. My good ol Nexus 4, which has an S4 Pro couldn't even play a 4K video smoothly.
But I do believe that manufacturers shouldn't left out older devices from updates if they can still benefit with new OSes like Kitkat.. and probably Lollipop.
20. tacarat (Posts: 724; Member since: 22 Apr 2013)
I was hoping for the Android Silver program to come out this year. I'd love a new Nexus phone, but I have an intense disdain for phones I can't easily swap batteries with. UPSM is pretty sexy to me and I could see myself leaving the phone in that mode for... 90% of the time.
21. jamil20 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
I downloaded the dn4 rom and install it in my note 2(shv-e250l) but nothing happen, the interferance & every thing is same..
what can i do to install the dn4 rom on shv-e250l??
22. ghostryder (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Nov 2014)
Been using dn4 rom for awhile.....lite and smooth with note 4 features
23. sunnyfpy (Posts: 72; Member since: 12 May 2013)
No point updating OS when hardware is obsolete?
25. carloscaetano (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Nov 2014)
Installed a ROM ROM [4.4.4] DN4 (Ditto Note 4) but the camera is giving error.
I installed "UPDATE 2 DATE: DN4 (11/04/2014)" and the camera is still giving ERROR.... Help, help, help...