Foxconn recruiting a 3000-dev army to work on Firefox OS apps
The 3000 coders will develop HTML5 applications for the newborn web-based platform. Originally, Foxconn planned on employing 1000 developers for its partnership with Mozilla and the Firefox OS, but it seems to have reevaluated the importance of the new OS.
Foxconn has also confirmed that it is building five Firefox devices (for other OEMs). So far Alcatel, LG, ZTE and Huawei have all jumped on the new platform and 18 operators across the globe will carry the affordable devices. The first devices should end up on store shelves in the very near future.
source: The Register
1. sherby (Posts: 7; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
Do they really have 1.2 million employees??? o.O
That would put the troubles into perspective.
2. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
They do and they're like one of the biggest employers in China.
3. roscuthiii (Posts: 1829; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
If they're gonna start making they're own phones they're going to want to hire some lawyers as well. You know... lawsuits n' all.
9. sunnykgupta (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Did you read the full article? They already manufacture iPhones and a lot of other gadgets!
4. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1297; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
1st they first learn how to manufacture phones
2nd they learn how to code OS
3rd they learn how to manufacture weapons
4th taking over the world while everyone is too busy looking at their phone's screen
7. taikucing (unregistered)
+1 for you
5. Kevinphantom (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
Its some times called hon hai precision company instead of (foxconn)
6. Insignificant (Posts: 190; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
The aspect of Firefox os I'm most curious about is the high ends. Sony is rumoured to be making just that for next year. They already have a low end Xperia originally with android, but changed to Firefox os in a developer video.
8. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 968; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
i personally don't like foxconn ! but i like the open sourceness of firefox more than many others so hmph :/