Bing! BlackBerry to add Microsoft's search engine to its OS for search and maps
With all of this news about Bing being added directly to the BlackBerry OS, and with RIM already having introduced the latest BlackBerry 7 OS, it suggests that we should see another OS build for BlackBerry before the end of the year. Just maybe it means that the hoped for QNX based OS for BlackBerry handsets will be launched before the last page of the 2011 calendar is turned.
1. bluechrism (unregistered) posted on 03 May 2011, 10:51 0 0
So Ovi maps on blackberry???
(With nokia WIndows Phone deal MS to integrate Ovi maps into Bing - i think i'm getting that right)
3. seluased7 posted on 03 May 2011, 12:19 1 1
google is so much better than bing. has anyone said "let me go and bing this"........
5. protozeloz posted on 03 May 2011, 13:05 1 3
or bing it up
I have two reasons i don't like bing much
-Because is Microsoft
-Because Its Not Google
7. Brad (unregistered) posted on 03 May 2011, 13:06 0 0
10. NMexpo (unregistered) posted on 03 May 2011, 15:46 2 1
Yeah, in YOUR opinion. There must be a reason why Facebook, RIM's Blackberry, Yahoo, Nokia, and Verizon have choosen Bing as their default search engine even on Google's own Android devices. It's becuase it works for them, and in THEIR opinion, it is better.
6. Brad (unregistered) posted on 03 May 2011, 13:05 1 0
GOogle vs Bing!? Google: FAIL
8. protozeloz posted on 03 May 2011, 13:22 1 1
you know bing piggy backs on goggles search results right?
9. snowgator posted on 03 May 2011, 14:26 0 1
Bing tries to hard to be different then Google, and in the process makes everything about twice as confusing as it needs to be, in my humble, unimportant opinion. Much prefer Google, and Google maps just plan works great.
Besides, those stupid "search overload" commercials make me not want to use Bing, even if it was great. Annoying things....
12. Brad (unregistered) posted on 03 May 2011, 16:41 1 1
snowgator...Bing IS different THEN Google. (learn to spell too) in fact Bing is leading in several areas that Google is trying to play catch-up.
15. snowgator posted on 03 May 2011, 18:19 1 0
First: What area's is Bing leading? This is an honest question, not a sarcastic one.
Second: a little late in life for my spelling, but I will try to use smaller words that don't confuse me so much. :-D
11. Brad (unregistered) posted on 03 May 2011, 16:39 0 1
Um...it actually does not. Do your homework. GOOGLE: FAIL
14. protozeloz posted on 03 May 2011, 18:12 1 1
LOL unlike you I do my homework, they got caught on the act
and they have the lack of shame to pretend they dont do it
so yeah Bing piggybacks on Google resist and pay lots and of money to promote itself on ads ans stuff as if they where better they have any drop of attention because of the heavy advertisement, while Google simply has its attention because people like it
13. luis_lopez_351 posted on 03 May 2011, 16:46 0 0
Cant you just switch your search engine??? get a google search widget or google search app? whats with all the fuss, if you dont own a playbook then you shouldnt be b!tch'n anyways. Bing=Google=Yahoo you know why? because everyone has diff opinions.
18. brian (unregistered) posted on 03 May 2011, 22:15 0 1
I am much more interested in designer jeans than Google. It's a failing company.