Apple planning a surprising product launch on May 19th?
Staff involved in the shift will include employees responsible for visuals, a manager, a business team member, a back-of-house employee, as well as a couple of Genius store members. By the looks of it, Apple Stores have already received the hardware and more is expected in Friday or Saturday, and black curtains are being installed so nothing gets accidentally revealed. If that’s not enough of a hype-builder for you, a special training document and mandatory meetings on May 22nd add to the picture. Quite frankly, we could only take a wild guess for a premature launch of the iPhone 5, which sounds very unlikely, but what’s your opinion on the matter? Don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments below!
1. scorpionkiller (unregistered)
It's pretty obvious what it is. It's the rumoured cheaper/smaller iphone.
3. protozeloz (Posts: 5371; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
May be, but I consider the smaller cheaper iPhone was launched almost 2 years ago 3GS, people can get it for less than 50 bucks, but it could be a prepaid iPhone with the new chip Phonearena its being talking about
31. Sniggly (Posts: 6755; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
It'll actually be the first Apple Android phone.
39. ssjassassin (Posts: 108; Member since: 31 Aug 2009)
haha if that where the case they probably would never take down the black curtains.
42. Sniggly (Posts: 6755; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Lol, it would be the greatest prank ever pulled on everyone.
46. Sniggly (Posts: 6755; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I was joking that the mystery Apple product will be an Android phone.
58. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
i dont think so... they wud have discontinued the 3gs by now if they wanted to do that.. haha and apple is so good at both keeping secrets and making hype...
2. Meha (unregistered)
How about the ipod nano with cam?
Or maybe Mac OX Lion...
Or a mini iPad ???
14. xvengence42 (unregistered)
Mini iPad would be an iPhone and an iPod touch.......
4. me (unregistered)
....or maybe nothing really exciting at all....
5. jes12 (unregistered)
well we can never be sure apple is just to secret..... well, hope this would not be a joke by apple.
6. RubenMi (unregistered)
7. abc (unregistered)
maybe iPhone nano ?
15. Somnath (unregistered)
Ya may be
8. ayephoner (Posts: 836; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
it could just be the tmobile and/or sprint launch of the 4.
9. steven (unregistered)
How about for the tenth aniversery, 10% OFF EVERYTHING IN STORE!!! WHOOP!
56. android_hitman (Posts: 591; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
apple will never do that! they want money from us
10. van22 (unregistered)
maybe a new generation of macbook or macbook air....
22. Jake15 (Posts: 15; Member since: 18 Nov 2009)
They just refreshed the macbook line in February... dont think so
53. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Actually, about a mounth ago they announced the the MacBook Pro is getting an exterior redesign.
11. Hallucinator (Posts: 340; Member since: 24 May 2010)
I am a Apple fan, however I will be surprised if it is anything terribly exciting.
30. SomeGuy (unregistered)
Seriously. Remember all that hype over The Beattles being available on iTunes? BS.
12. DJK (unregistered)
proly its another somthin 4 ppl to compare to evry gadget arnd d market? haha
13. Hallucinator (Posts: 340; Member since: 24 May 2010)
Technically no one ever compares a apple product to something else. They compare everything to the Apple product.
16. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5576; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
+n on updated non-iPhone products. You might see iTunes Cloud edition, as well.
17. protozeloz (Posts: 5371; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
cloud services from apple may sound like a good announcement, waiting for the iP5/4S/4.5 to release it may not be such a great idea
18. nokia (unregistered)
it could be an apple with snake
19. Wikid (unregistered)
I called Verizon to see if they had any deals on the iphone 4 for my girlfriend and a young chap on the other end said "Wait another 2 weeks or so, the 5 comes out and it is going to be the same price and LTE". Now, if he was BSing fine but I thought those calls were recorded?
20. nb2six (Posts: 298; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
I'm calling BS my vzw rep keeps me very informed all the time. Plus if it was so, we would of heard of production taking place already. JMT.
24. dave (unregistered)
Work for verizon, Wikid that is not true about the 2 weeks. just letting u know
26. marshefen (Posts: 24; Member since: 27 Jan 2011)
He made that up. Frontline reps are the last to find out anything.
47. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Calls are recorded for quality purposes. Meaning managers review them to make sure reps are doing their jobs right. And the calls that are reviewed/kept are random. There is no database where your call is kept.
21. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 377; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
What if it's a discount in store only? Kinda like black Friday.... I know that's when I buy all MY apple products
23. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6193; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And yet still NO IPADS 2 IN STOCK
25. Rich (unregistered)
maybe its the iDissapoint!
27. skymitch89 (Posts: 1036; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Or maybe it could be an iPhone that is for another carrier. Whatever it is, it seems like it's going to be a big deal if there are black curtains going up and it's only in store.
29. ChollaAnythingApple (Posts: 9; Member since: 14 Apr 2011)
its prob gonna be iphone 4s, but im hoping for lion so i can buy a new macbook pro
34. vivek.ray (Posts: 22; Member since: 08 Apr 2011)
why not just give iSeries a simple gorilla(glass) treatment :)
35. A (unregistered)
its quite obvious what this announcement is for.....the humancentipad!!
Its generally this time of year that apple announces its monstrousities as a 'new' product
36. fairly_mismatched (unregistered)
11.6" tablet... the MAXiPad...
37. bosmobi (unregistered)
maybe start of sales of samsung galaxy s2 thru apple stores. looks like iphone but better as iphone :)
40. thunderbolt96 (unregistered)
i think it could be either the new iOs 5 system on the iPhone 4 or a new iPod nano
41. mr. droid (Posts: 278; Member since: 21 Aug 2010)
supposedly its a smaller version of the iPad i guess. Just the rumor I have heard flying around.
44. america123jeff (Posts: 36; Member since: 14 Apr 2011)
this will either be huge or as small as a jellybean. by huge i mean a new OS (iOS 5 or OSX) or a new product and by small i mean that someone will come up to the microphone and say,"We have an extraordinary announcement, I farted... That is all"
45. gallitoking (Posts: 4684; Member since: 17 May 2011)
dude u made made me laugh in my office..good one...
48. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
And of course, fandroids won't miss this event as well, just like they can't stay away from any news about Apple products, lol.
49. Gautam555 (unregistered)
Forget iPhone5, Apple will launch iPhone6 directly with 1600*900 "Microscope" display, 7.1 channel digital dolby sound, 24MP AF camera with 70mm video recording & 2.3 mm thickness!!!
Got it? or need more rumors?
So stop predicting, and giving hyper hype to product.
50. Phonecall01 (Posts: 115; Member since: 02 Apr 2009)
It's probably the new super retina 5 inches display, quad core processor, 12MP 1080P real 3D camera and built in projector "Iphone 5"...
51. toto (unregistered)
Maybe the An IPad Phone
52. Stevenjobs (unregistered)
54. Soren (unregistered)
It wount be next generation of anything, as many of you think, Otherwise it would not be called "new product", would it? It probably will not be iPhone nano as well, becose iPhone coming soon.
57. toorop (unregistered)
They are celebrating the launch of Infinity Blade Arena Multiplayer update :P
59. bigb85 (unregistered)
I read an article that claimed they are just giving the Apple Stores a huge makeover for the anniversary....sounds about right...
60. Applesucks (unregistered)
Steve jobs is gonna die. Itll probably be an iRIP.
61. Applerocks (unregistered)
No, Applesucks, apple rocks, itll probably be the iPHONE 5. O.O
62. Android is the shitzzz (unregistered)
High time you realised applesucks, apple rocks and android is the shitzz is all the same bored individual. Btw, Droid, IS THE SHITZZZ. \m/ :D