Apple planning a surprising product launch on May 19th?
Staff involved in the shift will include employees responsible for visuals, a manager, a business team member, a back-of-house employee, as well as a couple of Genius store members. By the looks of it, Apple Stores have already received the hardware and more is expected in Friday or Saturday, and black curtains are being installed so nothing gets accidentally revealed. If that’s not enough of a hype-builder for you, a special training document and mandatory meetings on May 22nd add to the picture. Quite frankly, we could only take a wild guess for a premature launch of the iPhone 5, which sounds very unlikely, but what’s your opinion on the matter? Don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments below!
1. scorpionkiller (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 04:43 0
It's pretty obvious what it is. It's the rumoured cheaper/smaller iphone.
3. protozeloz posted on 17 May 2011, 05:35 2
May be, but I consider the smaller cheaper iPhone was launched almost 2 years ago 3GS, people can get it for less than 50 bucks, but it could be a prepaid iPhone with the new chip Phonearena its being talking about
39. ssjassassin posted on 17 May 2011, 15:12 0
haha if that where the case they probably would never take down the black curtains.
42. Sniggly posted on 17 May 2011, 15:33 0
Lol, it would be the greatest prank ever pulled on everyone.
46. Sniggly posted on 17 May 2011, 18:06 0
I was joking that the mystery Apple product will be an Android phone.
58. Lucas777 posted on 18 May 2011, 11:35 0
i dont think so... they wud have discontinued the 3gs by now if they wanted to do that.. haha and apple is so good at both keeping secrets and making hype...
2. Meha (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 05:34 0
How about the ipod nano with cam?
Or maybe Mac OX Lion...
Or a mini iPad ???
14. xvengence42 (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 08:07 6
Mini iPad would be an iPhone and an iPod touch.......
4. me (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 05:47 8
....or maybe nothing really exciting at all....
5. jes12 (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 05:54 1
well we can never be sure apple is just to secret..... well, hope this would not be a joke by apple.
6. RubenMi (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 05:58 5
7. abc (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 06:03 0
maybe iPhone nano ?
15. Somnath (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 08:12 0
Ya may be
8. ayephoner posted on 17 May 2011, 06:13 3
it could just be the tmobile and/or sprint launch of the 4.
9. steven (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 06:39 4
How about for the tenth aniversery, 10% OFF EVERYTHING IN STORE!!! WHOOP!
56. android_hitman posted on 18 May 2011, 09:38 0
apple will never do that! they want money from us
10. van22 (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 07:05 0
maybe a new generation of macbook or macbook air....
22. Jake15 posted on 17 May 2011, 09:46 4
They just refreshed the macbook line in February... dont think so
53. davecann2 posted on 18 May 2011, 06:59 0
Actually, about a mounth ago they announced the the MacBook Pro is getting an exterior redesign.
11. Hallucinator posted on 17 May 2011, 07:23 2
I am a Apple fan, however I will be surprised if it is anything terribly exciting.
30. SomeGuy (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 11:59 0
Seriously. Remember all that hype over The Beattles being available on iTunes? BS.
12. DJK (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 07:49 0
proly its another somthin 4 ppl to compare to evry gadget arnd d market? haha
13. Hallucinator posted on 17 May 2011, 07:51 4
Technically no one ever compares a apple product to something else. They compare everything to the Apple product.
16. Droid_X_Doug posted on 17 May 2011, 08:30 0
+n on updated non-iPhone products. You might see iTunes Cloud edition, as well.
17. protozeloz posted on 17 May 2011, 08:36 0
cloud services from apple may sound like a good announcement, waiting for the iP5/4S/4.5 to release it may not be such a great idea
18. nokia (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 09:13 0
it could be an apple with snake
19. Wikid (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 09:19 1
I called Verizon to see if they had any deals on the iphone 4 for my girlfriend and a young chap on the other end said "Wait another 2 weeks or so, the 5 comes out and it is going to be the same price and LTE". Now, if he was BSing fine but I thought those calls were recorded?
20. nb2six posted on 17 May 2011, 09:41 0
I'm calling BS my vzw rep keeps me very informed all the time. Plus if it was so, we would of heard of production taking place already. JMT.
24. dave (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 10:17 1
Work for verizon, Wikid that is not true about the 2 weeks. just letting u know
26. marshefen posted on 17 May 2011, 10:24 1
He made that up. Frontline reps are the last to find out anything.
47. SavageLucy42 posted on 17 May 2011, 18:24 0
Calls are recorded for quality purposes. Meaning managers review them to make sure reps are doing their jobs right. And the calls that are reviewed/kept are random. There is no database where your call is kept.
21. cheeseycheeser posted on 17 May 2011, 09:44 0
What if it's a discount in store only? Kinda like black Friday.... I know that's when I buy all MY apple products
25. Rich (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 10:22 1
maybe its the iDissapoint!
27. skymitch89 posted on 17 May 2011, 10:33 0
Or maybe it could be an iPhone that is for another carrier. Whatever it is, it seems like it's going to be a big deal if there are black curtains going up and it's only in store.
29. ChollaAnythingApple posted on 17 May 2011, 11:45 0
its prob gonna be iphone 4s, but im hoping for lion so i can buy a new macbook pro
34. vivek.ray posted on 17 May 2011, 13:56 0
why not just give iSeries a simple gorilla(glass) treatment :)
35. A (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 13:56 0
its quite obvious what this announcement is for.....the humancentipad!!
Its generally this time of year that apple announces its monstrousities as a 'new' product
36. fairly_mismatched (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 14:05 0
11.6" tablet... the MAXiPad...
37. bosmobi (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 14:31 0
maybe start of sales of samsung galaxy s2 thru apple stores. looks like iphone but better as iphone :)
40. thunderbolt96 (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 15:12 0
i think it could be either the new iOs 5 system on the iPhone 4 or a new iPod nano
41. mr. droid posted on 17 May 2011, 15:31 0
supposedly its a smaller version of the iPad i guess. Just the rumor I have heard flying around.
44. america123jeff posted on 17 May 2011, 16:22 0
this will either be huge or as small as a jellybean. by huge i mean a new OS (iOS 5 or OSX) or a new product and by small i mean that someone will come up to the microphone and say,"We have an extraordinary announcement, I farted... That is all"
45. gallitoking posted on 17 May 2011, 16:51 0
dude u made made me laugh in my office..good one...
48. 530gemini posted on 17 May 2011, 20:13 0
And of course, fandroids won't miss this event as well, just like they can't stay away from any news about Apple products, lol.
49. Gautam555 (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 22:58 1
Forget iPhone5, Apple will launch iPhone6 directly with 1600*900 "Microscope" display, 7.1 channel digital dolby sound, 24MP AF camera with 70mm video recording & 2.3 mm thickness!!!
Got it? or need more rumors?
So stop predicting, and giving hyper hype to product.
50. Phonecall01 posted on 17 May 2011, 23:15 0
It's probably the new super retina 5 inches display, quad core processor, 12MP 1080P real 3D camera and built in projector "Iphone 5"...
51. toto (unregistered) posted on 17 May 2011, 23:20 0
Maybe the An IPad Phone
52. Stevenjobs (unregistered) posted on 18 May 2011, 03:29 2
54. Soren (unregistered) posted on 18 May 2011, 07:44 0
It wount be next generation of anything, as many of you think, Otherwise it would not be called "new product", would it? It probably will not be iPhone nano as well, becose iPhone coming soon.
57. toorop (unregistered) posted on 18 May 2011, 09:52 0
They are celebrating the launch of Infinity Blade Arena Multiplayer update :P
59. bigb85 (unregistered) posted on 18 May 2011, 16:38 0
I read an article that claimed they are just giving the Apple Stores a huge makeover for the anniversary....sounds about right...
60. Applesucks (unregistered) posted on 19 May 2011, 01:44 0
Steve jobs is gonna die. Itll probably be an iRIP.
61. Applerocks (unregistered) posted on 19 May 2011, 01:45 0
No, Applesucks, apple rocks, itll probably be the iPHONE 5. O.O
62. Android is the shitzzz (unregistered) posted on 19 May 2011, 01:46 0
High time you realised applesucks, apple rocks and android is the shitzz is all the same bored individual. Btw, Droid, IS THE SHITZZZ. \m/ :D