The iPad 2 is finally here and it's truly an iPad on steroids. It has now grown dual-core A5 muscle capable of delivering double the processing and nine times the graphical punch. But tablet steroids are of a special kind and instead of growing bigger, the iPad 2 has lost significant part of its body fat and is now not only more lightweight at 1.33 pounds (601 grams) for the Wi-Fi version, but it's also 33% slimmer than the original iPad and even slimmer than the iPhone 4.
While it might be the thinnest of all tablets out there, its powerful guts are by no means left unmatched by the competition. The recently released Motorola XOOM and upcoming tablets like the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 also come with dual-core brains and probably even more RAM than the iPad. But could this make up for the humble number of tablet-centric applications for Android Honeycomb? It's up to you to decide, but before you vote with your dollar let us know about the most important thing for us - your opinion!
- Will you buy the new iPad 2?
- W00t! I'll be camping outside the Apple Store! 18.78% (341 votes) (341 votes)
- Dual-core CPU in a razor sharp package? I'll get it as soon as I sell my original iPad on eBay! 10.9% (198 votes) (198 votes)
- I've got the original iPad and it suits me just fine. 6.11% (111 votes) (111 votes)
- iWhat? I'm getting a Honeycomb tablet! 40.36% (733 votes) (733 votes)
- I want the webOS HP TouchPad! 3.52% (64 votes) (64 votes)
- 10 inches? Isn't that a giant iPod? I'm waiting for something smaller! 3.47% (63 votes) (63 votes)
- Tablets annoy me. I'll stick with my laptop. 16.85% (306 votes) (306 votes)