x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

HTC Imagio XV6975 Review

HTC Imagio

Posted: , posted by PhoneArena Team

Tags:

Pages
HTC Imagio XV6975 Review
HTC Imagio XV6975 Review
HTC Imagio XV6975 Review
Introduction:


One of the more successful smartphones for Verizon over the past year has been the HTC Touch Diamond. We were hoping to see a Verizon release of the Touch Diamond2 later this year, but it appears that the HTC Imagio XV6975 will take the place of the original model. The Imagio is similar to the Touch Diamond2; however it has grown in size in order to add a bigger screen. In addition, it runs on the new Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional operating system and is the only current smartphone for Verizon to support VCast Mobile TV, powered by Qualcomm’s FLO TV network. The Imagio also includes an updated TouchFLO 3D user interface, Opera Mobile 9.5 browser, and a 5MP camera. All of this combines into one high-end device that will be tough competition for the Samsung Omnia II and the Motorola A855 Android device that are due out later this year.

Included in the retail package is the HTC Imagio XV6975 phone, 1500 mAh battery, wall charger with detachable miniUSB cable, 3 power adapters, 2 stylus, CDs and user manuals.

Design:

Since the HTC Imagio is not part of the Diamond series, it loses the uniquely designed diamond-cut back that we’ve come to love. Instead the Imagio has a 2-tone back plate, of which 75% has a soft-touch finish and the remaining 25% is shiny plastic. The Imagio is also slightly taller and wider than the Touch Pro2, but is not as thick since it lacks the sliding QWERTY keyboard. Because of this, the Imagio feels less “brick like” and is more comfortable to hold in your hand. It also isn’t as noticeable when placed in your pants pocket.

The HTC Imagio XV6975 feels comfortable to hold in your hand - HTC Imagio XV6975 Review
The HTC Imagio XV6975 feels comfortable to hold in your hand - HTC Imagio XV6975 Review
The HTC Imagio XV6975 feels comfortable to hold in your hand - HTC Imagio XV6975 Review

The HTC Imagio XV6975 feels comfortable to hold in your hand


HTC Imagio XV6975 Review

You can compare the HTC Imagio XV6975 with many other phones using our Size Visualization Tool.

One feature we truly love about the HTC Imagio is the large 3.6-inch 480x800 WVGA resolution resistive touchscreen display, whereas the Touch Dimand2 only has a 3.2-inch display. Since the Imagio doesn’t have a physical keyboard or d-pad, the touchscreen is the main point of interaction with the device, and it works flawlessly. Images and text look excellent on it, though one can hardly see what is being displayed once taken outdoors in direct sunlight..

HTC Imagio XV6975 Review
HTC Imagio XV6975 Review


Below the display are the touch-sensitive zoom bar and 5 physical buttons for send, end, Mobile TV, Start, and back. The buttons work well and are noticeably larger than the ones used by the Touch Pro2. On the right side is the volume rocker and on the bottom are the 3.5mm headset jack and miniUSB data port. Located on the back are the 5MP autofocus camera, external speaker, and kickstand (to help when viewing videos). One part we didn’t care for was the battery cover, as it has to be popped off, instead of being slid off, which makes you feel like it is going to break. But you have to remove it to gain access to the microSDHC memory card slot, which can use cards of up to 16GB in size. We would have preferred a side-access cover to the memory card slot instead.

HTC Imagio XV6975 Review
Right side - The bottom and top sides of HTC Imagio XV6975 - HTC Imagio XV6975 Review
Left side - The bottom and top sides of HTC Imagio XV6975 - HTC Imagio XV6975 Review

Right side

Left side

The bottom and top sides of HTC Imagio XV6975 - HTC Imagio XV6975 Review
The bottom and top sides of HTC Imagio XV6975 - HTC Imagio XV6975 Review

The bottom and top sides of HTC Imagio XV6975



HTC Imagio XV6975 360 Degrees View:



33 Comments
  • Options
    Close





Want to comment? Please login or register.

HTC Imagio

HTC Imagio

OS: Windows Mobile Professional 6.5
view full specs
PhoneArena rating:
9.5Excellent
Display3.6 inches, 480 x 800 pixels (259 ppi) TFT
Camera5 megapixels
Hardware
Qualcomm MSM7200A, Single core, 528 MHz
0.3 GB RAM
Size4.60 x 2.40 x 0.50 inches
(117 x 61 x 13 mm)
5.30 oz  (150 g)
Battery1500 mAh, 5 hours talk time

Latest stories