What's new in iOS 10 beta 2? Here are the more interesting changes and new features19
Yesterday, Apple launched iOS 10 beta 2 as an OTA update to its developers. Naturally, people began digging around for new additions, and the list of changes found in this new iOS 10 beta is growing by the minute.
Apple has added an optional accessibility feature allowing users to simply touch the home button to unlock the device, without actually pressing it. By no means is this a big change, but it sure is a welcome option. There is also a new option in the Settings app (Settings -> Maps), called “Show Parked Location”, which shows you where you've parked your car. Connection to your car's Bluetooth or CarPlay stereo is required for this feature to work.
Other changes and new features include:
- Notifications in the Notification Center are now listed as “Recent”, rather than “Missed” and swiping to the right reveals the list of widgets
- The stock Mail app now sports a new filter button, tucked away in the bottom left corner, which filters your e-mails by date or shows the unread ones first
- Folders now show an unread notifications badge for any apps with unread notifications in them
- iMessage features an option to download packs of smileys and stickers
- A minor tweak to the Control Center brings enhanced options for some of the switches (e.g. new icons in the flashlight submenu)
- Siri now opens with a slightly different animation that zooms out the home screen
That's it for now, but the search for new things in iOS 10 beta 2 continues, and we'll make sure to update if anything comes up.
via: Redmond Pie