Turn your iPhone or Galaxy S III into a full-fledged point & shoot camera with the SnappGrip
posted by John V. / Jan 18, 2013, 9:52 AM
Coming to market this sometime after February, with pre-orders for the gadget available now, this simple attachment allows the iPhone 4/4S/5 and the Samsung Galaxy S III to be armed with all the comforts of a camera. From its grippable body that mimics the feel of a standard camera, it further shows off its versatility with its mode dial, physical shutter key, and zoom control. Essentially, you slide in your device into the SnappGrip, and from there, it’s ready for all your shooting needs!
As for some of the additional items that the SnappGrip features, they include the following:
- Wireless control over your smartphone via Bluetooth and an Android app or an iOS app
- An iPhone 4, iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S3-specific case to which the Snappgrip controller is easily attached or removed
- A tripod mounting point at the base of the controller
- A power switch and a micro USB connector for easy recharging with any standard USB/micro-USB cable
- An internal lithium ion battery that will last up to 60 hours on standby
If you place a pre-order right now, you can reserve yourself a unit for a mere $79 – if not, it’ll retail for $99 when it’s released.
source: snappgrip via Kickstarter
- Display 4.0" 640 x 1136 pixels
- Camera 8 MP / 1.2 MP front
- Processor Apple A6, Dual-core, 1300 MHz
- Storage 64 GB
- Battery 1440 mAh(8h 3G talk time)
- Display 4.8" 720 x 1280 pixels
- Camera 8 MP / 1.9 MP front
- Processor Samsung Exynos 4 Quad, Quad-core, 1400 MHz
- Storage 32 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 2100 mAh(11.60h 3G talk time)
why the photos are with an iphone?
posted on Jan 18, 2013, 9:53 AM 4
Posts: 18; Member since: May 20, 2012
Because APPLE is nothing but so called STATUS symbol
posted on Jan 18, 2013, 10:03 AM 7
Posts: 66; Member since: Jun 17, 2011
I feel like it needs to be able to enhance the original camera lens for it to do any good. It looks like it just bulks up your phone.
posted on Jan 18, 2013, 10:09 AM 4
Posts: 26; Member since: Oct 23, 2011
Because, you are on Iphonearena who believe nothing is better than an Apple product
posted on Jan 18, 2013, 1:24 PM 2
Posts: 200; Member since: Dec 25, 2011
no you are wrong buddy..bcz there is no any galaxy s or htc droid or moto droid ...that if apple didnt release their 1st iphone in 2007.. every1 should agree to that quote.cz its real .. so it deserv every best gadget in market.. isnt it ? and phonearena is just reviewing the products,if u dont like em so dont bother and stop making comments on this page..
posted on Jan 19, 2013, 1:59 AM 1
Posts: 13; Member since: Jan 16, 2013
If the case will let the phone as bulky as a point and shoot camera, wouldn't less bizarre carry a smartphone AND a good point and shoot camera? I'll never understant these alternatives camera solutions for smartphones...
posted on Jan 19, 2013, 11:00 AM 0
Posts: 162; Member since: Jan 09, 2012
At least the added part is removable, all you need to keep on it is the case, and it really should add a lens to it, but if it's bluetooth, then it should be able to work as a remote camera button, which would be cool I suppose, possibly more practical than a timer, provided you have a free hand and something to prop your phone up against.
posted on Jan 19, 2013, 7:01 PM 0
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):