These are the airlines with free Wi-Fi internet access on their flights
In-flight internet access, however, is still quite the luxury. In most cases, you'll have to pay between $5 and $10 for an hour's worth of all-you-can-eat data – enough to tweet about how expensive the service is, but insufficient to keep you entertained on a lengthy trip. And a daily pass could cost you around $30. Ouch!
Yet did you know that some airlines provide their passengers with free internet access for the duration of their flights? Yup, and the perk is not limited to businesses class passengers only. The next time you travel with one of these companies, be sure to have your phone's battery filled up as you'll be enjoying some of that free Wi-Fi goodness.
- Norwegian Airlines has high-speed broadband on flights within Europe. The service is available on the company's Boeing 737-800 aircrafts.
- JetBlue has all of its Airbus 321s and most of its A320 planes equipped with Wi-Fi gear. There's a catch, however. The free access option imposes restrictions on your connection. To go online at full speed, you'll have to buy a pass.
- Hongkong Airlines has free Wi-Fi on its Airbus A330-200 aircraft operating from London to Hong Kong. The connection speed, however, is limited for those using a free pass.
- Air China's free Wi-Fi service comes with a catch. Passengers cannot connect to it from their smartphones as these are not allowed to be on during flights. Tablets and laptops, on the other hand, are A-OK.
- Nok Air provides free Wi-Fi internet access on domestic flights throughout Thailand. The service is only available on two aircrafts, however.
Posts: 1546; Member since: Oct 27, 2011
posted on Jun 19, 2015, 8:15 PM 1
Posts: 125; Member since: Jan 24, 2013
posted on Jun 19, 2015, 10:13 PM 0
Posts: 535; Member since: Apr 02, 2015
posted on Jun 19, 2015, 10:31 PM 0
Posts: 657; Member since: Aug 29, 2014
posted on Jun 19, 2015, 10:26 PM 0
Posts: 20; Member since: Jul 02, 2012
posted on Jun 20, 2015, 9:52 AM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):