Listen up, HP TouchPad
owners (and we know that there is a lot of you out there
): an over-the-air update has been made available for your slate bringing its software version to webOS 3.0.5. And besides taking care of a few glitches, it also adds more then a few improvements to the overall user experience.
Most notably, the HP webOS 3.0.5 update improves the Email and Calendar applications and enhances the video calling features. Additionally, it adds the following changes to the platform:
- Faster switching between Day, Week, and Month views, and faster event display in Calendar.
- Faster scrolling when reading an email message.
- Email attachments are now saved with draft messages.
- Added sender photos and IM presence indicators in Email.
- Improved stability when watching video in the Web app.
- Improved handling of MP3s that are transferred from a computer using USB Drive mode.
- Added a dedicated view of contacts available for a video call, for quicker setup of a video call.
- New alert when video quality might be lower because of network issues.
- When typing, pressing the space bar twice inserts a period. This can be toggled on and off.
- Auto-correction can be turned off directly from the onscreen keyboard.
- Added support for HTTP Live Streaming.
So, feel free to fire up your HP TouchPad and get its software up to date, and if you are not too sure how software updates on the HP TouchPad work, click here for more information