The Cisco Cius business tablet is meant for some serious business
- Cisco TelePresence for video conferencing
- Cisco WebEx for online collaboration and meetings
- Cisco Quad for more social collaboration
- Cisco Unified Presence for instant messaging and e-mail
- Cisco Unified Communications for voice/telephony
That is a pretty impressive list of services. On top of that, Cisco is offering AppHQ, which is a specific app store for each business, controlled by that business' IT department. Also, Cisco has released an SDK to allow businesses to use the Cisco Communications APIs in their apps.
The Cisco Cius will be $750. It is a 7" tablet running Android 2.2. It has a front-facing camera capable of 720p video for video conferencing, a 5 MP rear camera, a 1.6 GHz Intel Atom CPU, 1 GB of RAM, a microSD card slot, micro USB port, HDMI out, and the ability to be docked with either a keyboard, media center, or phone system. It will be offered in a WiFi only version and a 3G/4G version.