The LG Optimus V comes with Android 2.2 on board which actually does have support for tethering. However, this capability was disabled by the carrier because they do not wish to support tethering at this time. But thanks to a new application called Quick Settings, you can now get the most out of your unlimited data by turning the Optimus V into a WiFi hotspot. This app will not cost you a dime and doesn’t even require your device to be rooted.
When you open up the Quick Settings application you will see a few on/off toggles for things such as ringer and Bluetooth. Here is the four-step process that will help you add the WiFi hotspot toggle to that screen:
- Press your phone's Menu button, then tap Customize.
- Scroll down under Hidden Settings until you see Wi-Fi hot spot, then tap and drag it up to the Visible Settings section.
- Tap the Back button to return to the main screen.
- Now you'll see the Wi-Fi hot spot option. Tap the Off button to turn it on.
So there you have it; an easy way to enable WiFi tethering to your LG Optimus V for Virgin Mobile. With capped data in the cards for the major networks in the future (AT&T is already there), take advantage of this unlimited usage while you can. Try out the app and tell us what you think in the comments below.
Posts: 1; Member since: Jul 08, 2012
posted on Jul 08, 2012, 1:39 PM 0
posted on Oct 14, 2011, 2:46 PM 0
posted on Sep 15, 2011, 6:29 AM 0
posted on Mar 10, 2011, 11:22 AM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):