Streaming music at maximum volume is crashing some Google Home Mini units
According to reports from Google Home Mini users, the device starts crashing five to ten seconds after the music starts playing; for the crash to take place, volume must be set at maximum. On the Google Home Help Forum, a Googler told those wishing to report the problem to recreate the issue and immediately send a feedback report from the Google Home app. The following descriptions need to be included:
- The keyword: "GHT3 – Google Home Mini reboot at high volume."
- Brief detailed description of the exact events you’re experiencing.
- Be sure to check the box for "Include screenshot and logs."
- Which songs are causing the device to crash?
- The volume level at the time of the crash(es).
- Device firmware version.
- Confirm that you're using the original power cord that came in the box with your Google Home Mini.
One quick workaround suggested is to unplug the power cord from the device for a minute, and try again.
Google is apparently aware of the situation, and hopefully a software update will soon be pushed out for the device.