Six games on sale for Windows Phone till July 9th
It's not a huge July 4th sale, but hey, it's still something. The publishers Electronic Arts, Chillingo and PopCap have discounted six games in total for Windows Phone: Battleship, Bejeweled Live, Contre Jour, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, The Sims 3 and Tetris.
- Battleship (download) is now available for $1.99. Basically, the game represents the popular board game by Milton Bradley – try to destroy your opponent's ships with random shots. New gaming mode is added to improve the game's blandness – Superweapon mode, which boosts the gameplay with numerous weapons. Online multiplayer is supported, yet it takes ages to load.
- Bejeweled Live (download) is down to $2.99. This is a puzzle game where you have to align three identical gems either horizontally, or vertically, to earn points. Classic, Race the Clock, and Endless are the three available modes to play the game on your Windows Phone device.
- Contre Jour (download) is now $1.99 and it's PhoneArena's pick from the list. The game itself is joy to the senses, starting from the music, going through the gameplay, and finishing with the graphics. One has to manipulate the surroundings in order for Petit, our heroic black ball, to reach the end of the level. Art in the making.
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit's (download) sale price is $2.99. If you are in a mood for some incandescent races, NFS is your game. Thing is that the difficulty has been raised to the ceiling and there are probably better racing games than this, like Asphalt 5 or Real Racing 2 and 3. Still, if EA's series is your cup of tea, go for it.
- You can get The Sims 3 (download) for $3.99. In this game, you create your own Sim, design their home, send them to work, introduce them to the neighbors, feed them, order them to take a shower; you are a God, intrinsically. Bear in mind that you will be fighting through clumsy interface and long loading times though.
- And, finally, Tetris' (download) new price is $1.99. You know the game, you know the rules, you know the blocks. Gravity and Radical game modes have been included in this version of the game, which makes it even more variegated. Give it a spin if you miss the old days.
source: Windows Phone Central