Root comes to the Motorola DROID RAZR HD, RAZR M, and Atrix HD
He has taken the time (once again) to come up with a working root method for the newest Motorola smartphones: DROID RAZR M, DROID RAZR HD, DROID RAZR MAXX HD, and the Atrix HD. We've heard that not only does this root method work with the shipping Ice Cream Sandwich that is on the phones, but also the Jelly Bean leak for the DROID RAZR M, which means it should work on the final Jelly Bean over-the-air update for these phones.
The method of rooting is pretty simple:
- First make sure you have the current Motorola USB drivers installed from here.
- Then download the motofail2go_windows.zip file and extract it.
- Connect your phone to the PC and click on the "run.bat" file that you extracted.
- It is important to follow the instructions in the PC program, as it will ask you to press a button combination of the Volume UP and Power at the same time.
- If the program gives an error saying something like "run-as: Package 'com.motorola.bug2go' is unknown", then unfortunately you will have to wipe your data and cache partitions on the phone and try again (factory reset the phone).
Keep in mind that this takes a lot of time to develop, so if you feel so inclined, he is accepting PayPal donations found in the XDA Forums source link below.
source: XDA Forums (djrbliss) via Droid-Life