PayPal announces support for Samsung Pay starts rolling out today
PayPal account with the debit card or bank account found in your PayPal Wallet for use in-store. Using the payment service will also reward you with Samsung Reward points.
Here is what you must do to create a PayPal top-up card within Samsung Pay:
- Tap “+” on upper right hand of Samsung Pay home screen
- Select “Add PayPal” in the “Add payment card section”
- If you have One Touch enabled, the account will be provisioned. If not, you’ll need to input your account credentials.
- Press “Next” and enter a pin for in-store purchases
- Select a Debit or bank funding source to top-up the account
- Press “Agree & Continue” and you’re all set!
According to PayPal, whenever you pay in stores using your smartphone, PayPal won't send any payment information to merchants. Instead, the company is using a virtual account number that represents a user's account info.