New strain of Android malware blocks calls to the bank to keep you from complaining
Security software developer Symantec, which discovered this malware, says that mobile device owners need to do the following to lessen the chance of having their device infected:
- Keep your software up to date
- Refrain from downloading apps from unfamiliar sites and only install apps from trusted sources
- Pay close attention to the permissions requested by apps
- Install a suitable mobile security app, such as Norton, to protect your device and data
- Make frequent backups of important data
These are some good suggestions from a company that knows quite well how to keep unwanted visitors from taking over your mobile device. And with more and more consumers using their smartphones and tablets to install banking apps so that they can make deposits and handle their accounts on the go, it is a good idea to give the hackers a small target by keeping your devices as safe as possible.