New Galaxy S II Android 4.0 ROM surfaces with battery life improvements
A brand new beta Ice Cream Sandwich ROM has leaked for the more adventurous types, and is probably already making the rounds at XDA-Devs today.
The update is dated January 29, so it's fairly fresh from the oven, and the best improvement over the previous ICS leaks for the Galaxy S II is the battery life, which has apparently increased significantly.
Performance is otherwise said to be on par with the official ICS build, marked as I9100XXLP6, while this one is marked I9100XXLPB. Modders say it is stable enough for daily use, so you can try at your own risk in the source link. Watch a short video demonstrating its behavior below, although it is nor exactly prepared in the best of lighting conditions for its purpose.
source: SamMobile via SammyHub
- Display 4.3" 480 x 800 pixels
- Camera 8 MP / 2 MP front
- Processor Samsung Exynos 4 Dual, Dual-core, 1200 MHz
- Storage 32 GB + microSDHC
- Battery 1650 mAh(9.00h 3G talk time)
Posts: 5396; Member since: Sep 16, 2010
posted on Feb 03, 2012, 8:04 AM 7
Posts: 2147; Member since: Oct 18, 2011
posted on Feb 03, 2012, 11:13 AM 3
Posts: 1540; Member since: Dec 14, 2008
posted on Feb 03, 2012, 12:51 PM 0
posted on Feb 03, 2012, 7:20 PM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):