Man roots giant Nexus S device at Best Buy
A few months ago, it seems that a customer was on line at Best Buy with his broken phone, waiting to get it repaired. When he spotted the Nexus S replica, a thought came to his mind and he rooted the phone. A video was made of the aftermath of the rooting of the giant unit and while the actual steps used to root the phone were not taped, you can see the man show off the Superuser icon and his ability to run a superuser on terminal emulator to prove that the device was rooted.
It shows you how much like a real Nexus S the giant displays are. We can only imagine what was going through the mind of the Google employee in charge of the display after finding that someone was able to root what was really meant to be a giant conversation piece. Ironically, the model of the phone that the customer was bringing in for repair was a-you guessed it-a Nexus S.
source: YouTube via Phandroid
- Display 4.0" 480 x 800 pixels
- Camera 5 MP / 0.3 MP VGA front
- Processor Samsung Exynos 3, Single core, 1000 MHz
- Storage 16 GB
- Battery 1500 mAh(6.00h 3G talk time)
posted on Aug 18, 2011, 1:51 AM 0
posted on Aug 18, 2011, 1:54 AM 3
posted on Aug 18, 2011, 5:46 PM 0
posted on Aug 28, 2011, 8:57 AM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):