Lost and found Samsung Galaxy S5 reportedly survives for almost 7 months outdoors
According to Korean publication Yonhap News, this particular Galaxy S5 was lost it in September last year in the owner's persimmon orchard. The device was on silent mode, and, even after days of searching, it could not be found (we assume that the phone didn't have Android Device Manager installed). This April, though, while working in his orchard, Bae Gyu-ryong accidentally discovered his S5 - almost 7 months (including winter time) after losing it. The handset was wet, but, after being dried out and recharged, it worked just like before, despite the fact that it's been through rain and snow for such a long time.
Needless to say, although this story had a happy end, we don't recommend anyone to leave their Galaxy S5 (or any other smartphone, for that matter) outdoors for long periods of time.
At the moment, you can buy an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S5 for around $350. The handset was recently updated to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, so it remains an option to consider if you don't need a phone with the latest hardware specs, but still want protection against dust and water.
- Display 5.1" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 16 MP / 2.1 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, Quad-core, 2500 MHz
- Storage 32GB + microSDXC
- Battery 2800 mAh(21h 3G talk time)
posted on Apr 19, 2016, 6:39 PM 18
Posts: 7065; Member since: Feb 10, 2012
posted on Apr 19, 2016, 6:45 PM 47
Posts: 102; Member since: Mar 29, 2016
posted on Apr 19, 2016, 8:03 PM 6
* Some comments have been hidden, because they don't meet the discussions rules.
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):