It's about time: Xperia S getting Jelly Bean
The Sony Xperia S, which is still packing quite a punch, by the way, is alive and well, as its manufacturer has now initiated the roll-out of an Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update designed for the venerable smartphone.
Sony France has just tweeted the following: "Xperia S: le déploiement de la 4.1.2 vient de débuter pour les 1ers builds FR."
Ha! Bet you understood it all... OK, we actually don't know a single word in French, but according to our partners from Google Translate, it means that Sony has begun the deployment of Android 4.1.2. As always, the roll-out will happen in stages, so don't freak out if you sport an Xperia S and you're yet to get that sweet notification about a pending update. It might take up to a few weeks until Jelly Bean arrives for you, but then again, you know it'll be worth the wait.
- Display 4.3" 720 x 1280 pixels
- Camera 12.1 MP / 1.3 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon S3, Dual-core, 1500 MHz
- Storage 32 GB
- Battery 1750 mAh(8.50h 3G talk time)
Posts: 374; Member since: Oct 01, 2012
posted on May 24, 2013, 5:48 AM 0
posted on May 24, 2013, 6:10 AM 3
Posts: 2828; Member since: Aug 11, 2012
posted on May 24, 2013, 6:28 AM 3
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):