Huawei P9 gets torn down, dual camera and sneaky flex cable are exposed
posted by Daniel P. / Apr 18, 2016, 2:06 AM
In essence, one of the modules takes color images, while the other shoots monochrome photos. The two images are then merged intelligently in software to produce a photo combining the colors of the regular sensor with the detail of the black-and-white one.
Huawei P9 is here, and if you are curious how the phone looks from the inside, including the dual camera engineering, you can take a peep in the slideshow below. The two-bit module is clearly visible, and there is a crazy snake-like flex cable for the fingerprint scanner inside, too, so head over to this geeky strip show to see what makes the unique Huawei P9 tick.Well, the first teardown of the
- Display 5.2" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 12 MP / 8 MP front
- Processor HiSilicon Kirin, Octa-core, 2500 MHz
- Storage 32 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 3000 mAh(20h 3G talk time)
Posts: 699; Member since: May 06, 2013
it is a nice device imo but it has alot of major problems 1) the display is not that great and should have been amoled 2) the cpu/gpu is weak compare with the new ones like sd820 a9 e8890 3) the boot-loader is locked 4) the camera is nothing Special for a camera orientated smartphone 5) the skin is very heavy and suck alot of battery 6) no 4k video record 7) no fast charging
posted on Apr 18, 2016, 4:07 AM 1
Posts: 297; Member since: Jan 28, 2014
It must be judged proportionally to its price. It shoots some great photos and especially night shots http://tinyurl.com/jn2b9sy. I don't know if it already exists as a feature of software (I didn't see it in any review) but P9 could get very good 3D pictures by applying the color information of the colored camera to the images of the monochrome. It is assumed that the later catches more light and this passes in the final result, but in general the photographs I saw were somehow underexposed. Also Bokeh blurs foreground objects' contours, which I wouldn't expect to occur since it has two cameras.
posted on Apr 18, 2016, 4:39 AM 3
Posts: 51; Member since: Nov 10, 2015
The Gpu is weak but the cpu is stellar The camera nothing spécial ? Monochrome lens, gorgeous bokeh... The display is ips neo thank god.
posted on Apr 18, 2016, 8:53 AM 0
Posts: 2318; Member since: Aug 14, 2014
The GPU is weak I agree...but then I realise its a smart move by Huawei to give less cores that are clocked at a high frequency, because their sustained performance does wonders better than those with the snapdragon 820. Just take a look at this anandtech article: http://www.anandtech.com/show/
posted on Apr 18, 2016, 9:39 AM 1
Posts: 1; Member since: Apr 18, 2016
1) A display over 1080 on a phone is only marginally noticeable. It really doesn't make a difference at all. 1080 allows the battery to last much longer than a display like the s7 for instance. 2)snapdragon processors always have issues. People clamor for the new processor because the current one has overheating issues, or other faults that they can't wait to be addressed. I would choose Huawei's processor or exynos over a snapdragon any day. 3) who cares? You know how easy it is to unlock boot loaders? That's an inconvenience not an issue. 4) the camera is nothing special? Are you insane? Do you even know what you're talking about or do you just blindly hate the company? That camera absolutely blows away any phones camera pretty iPhone 6s and nexus 6p. The only cameras that are in the p9s league are those two phones, the s7, g5 and HTC 10. This camera could very well be the best smartphone camera to date so how is in not special for a smartphone camera???? 5) the skin is less heavy than TouchWiz and other than the nexus and Motorola it isn't any heavier than most other skins. 6) again who cares? How many people use 4k? Better yet how many people that record in 4k use a proper SD card that is really fast enough to write effectively and maintain the 4k quality without glitches? Got news for you that $70 200gb SanDisk that everyone buys doesn't perform well enough to truly utilize 4k. Even if you have a high end good card like the samsung pro you still have to have a 4k TV to utilize it. If you view the video on your phone or computer you aren't getting anything out of the 4k video. At worst no 4k video recording is a minor negative mark. 7) fast charging really only matters if your phone can't last an entire day. Go back to number 1 because using a 1080 screen instead of wasting battery on a 2k screen that makes little of any discernible impact on viewing quality allows this phone's battery to make it through an entire days use. So, when you go to sleep and plug in your phone fast charging doesn't matter at all. Unless you only sleep for an hour then you have bigger issues than your phone if you do. Fast charging is necessary for devices that can't make it through an entire day on one charge with moderate to high usage. You'd pretty much have to keep the screen on for 7 hours on this phone to not make it all day. Ergo it's a moot point.
posted on Apr 18, 2016, 12:54 PM 1
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):