How to get a refund on an Android app or game from Google Play
It's not such a big deal if you run into a free app or game that didn't meet your expectations. You can simply remove it and forget about the few minutes that you wasted on installing it and giving it a test-run. The real problem occurs when you've paid for an app or game that will clearly be of no use to you in the future. Say, you've installed a game that had awesome-looking screenshots, but it turned out that it's actually terrible in reality. Or, maybe you've purchased an app that seemed quite useful, yet it appears to crash every time you try to launch it...
We've all experienced this at some point, but thankfully, Google's Play Store has a neat solution. Did you know that you can get a full refund for any app/game purchase during the first 15 minutes after the installation of the software? Yes, you can! And it's actually very simple. Here's how:
1. After the installation of the app or game finishes, you can give it a quick test-run (not more than about 10 minutes!). If you think the newly-installed program isn't really your cup of tea, you should quickly head back to the Google Play Store.
2. If you have to, navigate to the app's page once again.
3. If 15 minutes haven't passed since the installation process, where there was a single purchase button with the price of the app, there will now be two buttons: 'Open' and 'Refund.' If you've missed the 15-minute mark, there will be an 'Uninstall' button instead of 'Refund.' But let's stick to the optimistic scenario. Hit the 'Refund' button!
4. You'll be asked if you're really sure that you want to get your money back. Hit yes, if you are.
5. The app will disappear from your device, and your bank account will be exactly as it was the moment you were about to tap that Purchase button, as if nothing ever happened.
There you have it, guys - you now know how to get awesome refunds on those not-so-awesome Android applications! However, you should keep in mind that you can only do this kind of refund process once with each app. And, of course, if you happen to miss the refund period, you can always submit a refund request directly to the developers and hope that they are in good mood!
Posts: 843; Member since: Aug 01, 2011
posted on Dec 09, 2013, 4:10 PM 0
Posts: 2; Member since: Dec 10, 2010
posted on Dec 09, 2013, 1:01 PM 0
Posts: 1170; Member since: Aug 23, 2012
posted on Dec 09, 2013, 12:50 PM 2
Posts: 214; Member since: May 18, 2013
posted on Dec 09, 2013, 11:45 AM 8
Posts: 82; Member since: Jan 19, 2012
posted on Dec 09, 2013, 11:56 AM 7
Posts: 2014; Member since: May 03, 2011
posted on Dec 09, 2013, 12:14 PM 0
Posts: 267; Member since: Aug 02, 2013
posted on Dec 09, 2013, 11:29 AM 2
Posts: 332; Member since: Mar 20, 2013
posted on Dec 09, 2013, 12:08 PM 2
Posts: 267; Member since: Aug 02, 2013
posted on Dec 09, 2013, 2:05 PM 5
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):