How to get HTC BlinkFeed plus its Facebook and Twitter plugins on any Android
HTC BlinkFeed, the company's social feed and news aggregator, has been a staple on HTC handsets for a while now, occupying a whole homescreen there out of the box.
It shows pertinent weather&clock info, custom info feeds, and your social networking updates, all wrapped in a pretty, scrollable interface.
If you like what you are seeing on HTC handsets, you can get BlinkFeed on any Android 4.4+ handset to check out if you have been missing out on anything. Here's what you need to do:
1.Download and install all four files that constitute the HTC BlinkFeed experience;
- HtcBlinkFeed - v6.3.840430
- HtcServicePack - v1.1.853606
- Weather - v6.2.836008
- WorldClock - v6.1.797217
2. Next in line are the social network plugins, download any of these five you need, or all at once, then install like a regular app;
- Facebook - v6.0.847523
- Twitter - v6.0.847461
- InstagramPlugin - v6.0.847476
- GooglePlusPlugin - v6.0.847461
- LinkedInPlugin - v6.0.847476
This is it, now you have the pretty BlinkFeed aggregator up and running on your Android phone with KitKat or higher, and the files for the all-new Sense 7 BlinkFeed won't be far behind, promise the developers (gakugaku, ckpv5, lyapota, xpirt) behind these hacks.