HTC ThunderBolt is being blessed with a future maintenance update
Well, they can probably continue to dream seeing that there are no exact details about that possibility, but in the meantime, it’s getting some love in the form of a future maintenance update. Of course, it’s not going to be considered as a substantial thing, though, it’s nonetheless something to look forward to.
Specifically, the anticipated 36MB update will bring the smartphone’s build number to 2.11.605.9. There might not be a whole lot of new features along for the ride, rather, it appears to mostly consist of bug fixes and enhancements, which are the common things we tend to find with most maintenance updates. Nevertheless, it’ll bring smiles to some people. Although it’s tagged as “coming soon,” it wouldn’t surprise us to see it roll out before the end of the year.
The software update consists of the following:
- Resolved issue with contact ringtones.
- Improvements to notification volume.
- Updated local streaming playback mechanism when network connection is not available.
Apps & Widgets
- Updated Twitter API for Peep/FriendStream.
- Clock app included in All App list.
- Improvements in Exchange ActiveSync.
source: Verizon via PocketNow