Gingerbread now available for HTC ThunderBolt
Ever since day one, when the HTC ThunderBolt was released to the masses packing the dated Android 2.2 Froyo operating system, everybody wondered when the first LTE handset to hit the states would be getting the modern treatment that it deserves. Well ladies and gentlemen, that day is today, finally.
Verizon wants you to “get the most out of your ThunderBolt by HTC.” The PDF posted by Verizon shows all of the improvements that Thunderbolt users can expect to see when their device is updated. Here are the enhancements found in this update:
- Download Manager App: New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing, email attachments and other apps.
- App and Power Management Details: Under Manage Applications, a new “Running” tab displays a list of active applications and the storage and memory being used by each. Power efficiency mode option has also been added under Settings > Power.
- New Desktop User Interface: New widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.
- Dock Icons: Static Phone, App Launcher and Contacts icons are replaced within a customizable dock. Three swappable icons and the App Launcher icon are fixed to the Dock at the bottom of all home screen panels for easy and instant access.
All of this is only the tip of the iceberg as Android 2.3 Gingerbread delivers a bunch of other improvements to the HTC ThunderBolt. If you want to get the update and give your ThunderBolt the treatment it deserves then check out the link and enjoy.
- Display 4.3" 480 x 800 pixels
- Camera 8 MP / 1.3 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon S2, Single core, 1000 MHz
- Storage 8 GB + microSDHC
- Battery 1400 mAh(6.30h talk time)
Posts: 474; Member since: Aug 30, 2011
posted on Sep 27, 2011, 9:51 AM 0
Posts: 426; Member since: Nov 24, 2008
posted on Sep 27, 2011, 12:32 PM 0
posted on Sep 27, 2011, 9:54 AM 1
posted on Sep 27, 2011, 8:49 PM 0
posted on Sep 27, 2011, 10:05 AM 2
posted on Sep 27, 2011, 10:09 AM 0
posted on Sep 27, 2011, 10:16 AM 0
posted on Sep 27, 2011, 10:26 AM 0
Posts: 469; Member since: Nov 24, 2010
posted on Sep 27, 2011, 10:57 AM 1
Posts: 190; Member since: Aug 02, 2011
posted on Sep 27, 2011, 3:56 PM 1
17. :l unregistered
posted on Sep 27, 2011, 1:55 PM 0
Posts: 1496; Member since: Apr 06, 2011
posted on Sep 27, 2011, 3:16 PM 2
posted on Sep 27, 2011, 4:05 PM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):